The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Glanza_Mike's Clean White VVTI Supra Project!

Glanza_Mike

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike do you know if the calipers come in different colours are is are they just in red?

From the factory they only come in red mate but you can them powder coated in pretty much any colour you want (as long as that would withstand the heat) And i can get custom Brembo badges for afterwards in any colour also.

Looking fantastic Mike :cool:

Cheers Abz :)

So how is the performance of these brakes? Stopping distance, feel, brake bias etc?

I used the guys wheel template at the weekend to check my clearance. Rear of calliper hits my Works Meister wheels, but is in a section than can be machined safely apparently.

So how is the performance of these brakes? Stopping distance, feel, brake bias etc?

I used the guys wheel template at the weekend to check my clearance. Rear of calliper hits my Works Meister wheels, but is in a section than can be machined safely apparently.

I'll have to let you know more after the weekend if that's okay mate? I still have some air in the lines somewhere i'm pretty sure as the pedal feel is not where i want it to be yet and i have to push the pedal a bit harder than i would expect to get really good stopping power. Although i can already tell they are better than my old UK spec brakes as when i do press them firmly they stop very well :) Like i said i'll be able to tell you more after the weekend hopefully when I've got the air the out the lines.

Just a few pictures for you all, I went on a meet to the Falcon Yesterday and met Tooquicktostop and x13mgr who both had beautiful Supras :) I managed to get a few nice shots so I've posted some below. Let me know what you think.

Was good to meet you guys hopefully do it again this summer :)

Some great looking Japanese machinery there! :D

That Ducati is lovely :cool:

That bike belongs to one of my good mates, it's absolutely mint, sounds like a mini v8 haha

Great pics Mike :cool: The car is looking better than ever. Deans looks insane!

Cheers Jason, the exterior of mine is pretty much how i want it now, just a little touching up with painting some bits and its done.

I really liked Deans car actually, very different, but also looks very cool in the flesh :)

All cars looking great there, still massively jealous of those brakes! Will have to get myself a set :D

Punting my UK's on will help costs too I guess

Haha, they do look good huh, I've had lot's of comments on them even from randoms since fitting them :)

Some lovely looking cars there, bike looks :cool: too :)

Thanks mate :)

Great pics Mike too bad I missed it. Hopefully we can arrange another one soon.

Is the black Supra running Varrstoen's too?

Cheers mate, yeah another would be good, hopefully get some more people interested next time.

I think so, but he wasn't sure, they looked pretty much exactly the same as mine but with a lower offset, the tyres needed a strong stretch on his car. Pretty sure they were varrstoen though yeah mate.

Nice pictures, was good to meet you all

That bike !

haha, he does love his bike, takes great price in it :)

Was good to meet you too mate, let's do it again sometime.

• 3 months later...

Ermmmm have you been slacking or what?! No updates for nearly 4 months now? Get back on it :)

Just read the whole thread mate and in awe of everything. You've done it all 100% and no expense spared. What a suspension and brake setup, simply awesome. Surely you just need a little more power now to put the brembos to maximum use ;)

The Car is stunning Mike.

Ermmmm have you been slacking or what?! No updates for nearly 4 months now? Get back on it :)

Just read the whole thread mate and in awe of everything. You've done it all 100% and no expense spared. What a suspension and brake setup, simply awesome. Surely you just need a little more power now to put the brembos to maximum use ;)

The Car is stunning Mike.

Haha, my apologies mate, i have been slacking a bit with this thread actually :( havent done all that much to the car through the summer months though, just been enjoying it! Fitted some carbon bonnet dampers and thats about it lol

Thanks for your kind words though mate, means a lot :) i'm going to be giving the car a full wash, polish and wax this weekend to help it theough winter so i'll get some more pics up. Looking forward to seeing ur thread get up soon :D

As promised a few pictures after i spent about 6 hours cleaning, polishing and waxing the Supra Yesterday, makes such a nice difference :) Although i still have a few tiny tar spots on the paint (i presume it's tar?) especially on the rear bumper, how do i get these off?

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Unfortunately only taken on my phone as my DSLR was at my bros house, i'll try and get some better ones soon.

Edited by Glanza_Mike (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, apologies for the lack of updates but i don't really come on the forum all that much through the Winter :( Don't really do anything to the car other than keep it clean and drive it as little as possible lol So nothing really to update.

I did however buy Adobe Lightroom 6 over the weekend because i love my photography and cars of course ;) the things i can do after just watching a few Youtube tutorials is so awesome i thought i had to share :D

Just done three quick pictures for you to see from my snaps of a car meet last Summer: Before and afters are the exact same pics just with Lightroom alterations, not photoshop.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

In the second set of pictures you can see the black mark by the bottom of my car, that was something on the lense i didn't realise at the time :( And i haven't learnt how to remove that yet but hopefully soon :)

Yeah, was definitely something on the glass mate unfortunately :( It's present in a few other photos.

Yeah, i'm quite lucky to get snaps with 2 :D One is my Dads and a friend owns the other. The grey one does indeed have Nismo wheels, although i think he's since replaced them with some Rays that he ordered from Japan :)

• 1 month later...

Time for a quick update again guys!

Went to a little meet Today with Sheefa from this forum. Met up with a few of my other mates and went to the GTR forums meet at Donington museum, some lovely cars on show including a genuine R33 400r which was beautiful.

It was also the first time i got to really test out my new camera upgrade!! :) I treated myself to a Nikon D750 with a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 lens recently and i have to say the image quality is unbelievable :) Such a great camera, i'll post some shit below, so let me know what you think!

Sheefa's beautiful single turbo UK-spec:

Mine and his:

Mine :)

Sheefa's booty shot:

my absolute fav pic of the day, i really like this shot :)

400R:

34's:

Random arty farty pic i took :D

I've got quite a few more so if you'd like to see them just let me know :) Apologies if they take forever to load, filesizes may well be huuuugeeeeee as DSLR pics. :innocent: