The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Glanza_Mike's Clean White VVTI Supra Project!

Glanza_Mike

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to update this week but i did a small amount on the car Yesterday so here it is :)

I thought it was about time i tried to solve my random power steering noise, it would only happen occasionally but it would sound like i was trying to manoeuvre an oil tanker when it did happen so i knew it couldn't be good lol After some searching on here i found a few people had the same problem and it more than likely just needing cleaning up and new oil flushing through to remove all the air in the system. So bought 5 litres of dexron 3 and followed the guide set out here: http://web.archive.org/web/20040826231136/http://reepa.com/psflush.php which worked perfectly, and all was well!

Here's a pic midway through the operation lol

Quite a bit of dark bubbly shit came out so ran more fluid through than i needed until it was clear red :) It's now perfectly silent and muchhhh better than before so i'm very happy :)

My Lexus Lsf drake discs have arrived in the country too fresh from Brembo Italy so that's a bit of good news, should get them by Wednesday/Thursday. Just waiting for the pads, calipers and everything else from the States now :(

I also went to watch FF7 last night in town (Birmingham) saw a members car parked up so took a quick pic, i recongnised the plate and car straight away as i follow his thread, car looked great :) The film was also fantastic!

Happy Easter!! May you all eat too much chocolate and regret it instantly :D

Ahh you spotted Robs car :D

I did indeed! He parked right next to the escalators the show off :D

Ahhhhh yesss your car is blessed with many yen lmao I only had 50yen coin in mine :(

Haha, yes, many yen!! My car is clearly twice as lucky as yours :)

Ha its mad, seeing how well this car has turned out!

Me personaly I would be against any of them body kits, especially when she's already turned out so well!

But each to they own a suppose!

Thank you mate :) I'm still undecided, and i do love the aggro stock look, i think it suits the car very well. So it'll probably stay this way as this is also the cheaper way lol I can spend more on turbos this way lol

My power steering fluid when pumped out until clear was brown and dead aswell. The metal gauze in the reservoir was blocked with crap I ended up with a new pump as it killed my old one.

Oh really? :( That doesn't sound like fun, i'm hoping it was just air and shit fluid that was making the noise and my pump doesn't die on my but i guess time will tell, it's super silent now so i'm hoping the problem has been resolved.

This is about as well as i could do tbh Mr Junkie :D They shine a very clear bright white, made a huge difference :)

http://i.gyazo.com/457e34b884d3ecd9750fa1bb9fcb6db5.jpg

Sorry I didnt see this, They looks great :)

Nicely done.

Please don't change your looks love the dark wheels and white stock body.

Edited by Hitbox Junkie (see edit history)

Supra is looking awesome, looked good anyway. But looks amazing since you've owned it and made it into your own vision :cool:

:) Thank you mate.

That my friend is a work of art! Pure sex :D

You should 100% put them pictures up for next years calender.

Haha, cheers Chris, i almost submitted one this year but i was too late :(

Sorry I didnt see this, They looks great :)

Nicely done.

Please don't change your looks love the dark wheels and white stock body.

No worries, and thanks, i am kinda leaning towards sticking with the stock body atm, i do really like the look. I'd like something at the back to make it look a bit more aggressive, but there aren't many options i like, i'm still unsure on the auto shine diffusers.

Done the same myself last week what a difference I thought the steering rack had gone

Hah, it is a shit noise isn't it? lol I'm glad i got rid of it!

Thank you mate :)

I don't like that either tbh, it could be rectified but i'm looking out for a new exhaust at the minute so i'll wait to see if i can get my hands on one of those first. I don't suppose you have a boost logic exhaust lying around the house do you? :D

Your very welcome. It's lovely mate.

I will keep my eyes open if I ever see a used one! :)

Thank you Sir :)

What front lip do you have there and where is it from..

I had one on my last supra but it was plastic :(

I need a rubber one tbh

This one is plastic too mate, it didn't look great before i dressed it with autoglym trim and bumper gel but now it just stays lovely and black all the time it made such a difference!

It's just one of the ones from Ebay.com i believe it was this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/93-98-TOYOTA-SUPRA-URETHANE-FRONT-BUMPER-LIP-V2-STYLE-WITHOUT-THE-V1-SIDE-FLAPS-/321217452778?hash=item4aca0d5aea

But i could be wrong, they are much the same from all those companies in the US anyway. It's the trim gel or tyre black that makes it look nice :)

Thank you Sir :)

This one is plastic too mate, it didn't look great before i dressed it with autoglym trim and bumper gel but now it just stays lovely and black all the time it made such a difference!

It's just one of the ones from Ebay.com i believe it was this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/93-98-TOYOTA-SUPRA-URETHANE-FRONT-BUMPER-LIP-V2-STYLE-WITHOUT-THE-V1-SIDE-FLAPS-/321217452778?hash=item4aca0d5aea

But i could be wrong, they are much the same from all those companies in the US anyway. It's the trim gel or tyre black that makes it look nice :)

Mine had the ears on it but it was always a nightmare for stone chipping and cracking.

Do you know if you can get a rubber version I'm sure I've seen them but I can't remember...

• 2 weeks later...

Got back from Tenerife this morning to find these beauties waiting for me at home fresh from Brembo Italy :love:

I cannot believe how big these bloody things are lol Should make for a nice stopping upgrade i reckon :) All the new calipers, pads and stuff are being shipped from the States in the next couple of days so not long now!! :)

I decided to give her a clean this morning/afternoon as well as the weather was so nice, washed using the two bucket and then thought i'd spend some time polishing all over, i couldn't believe the difference it made! I thought the car looked clean but how wrong i was lol especially the rear bumper, i took a quick pic here so you can see the difference, this is just after a good wash using meguiars shampoo......

So i thought she was clean before now it really is sparkling :) took quite a while but i finished it off with bumper care/black on all the plastics and some good tyre black and now she's looking the best she ever has since I've owned her :) Also fitted a K&N panel filter into the stock air box to help her breathe :)

I've bought a few other small things but nothing really of note, LEDs to replace the number plates lights and a drivers side facelift headlight as on my current one the chrome has started to flake away and this one was in better condition.

I'll leave you with a very lightly touched up version of my favourite pic of the car so far, just increased the colour saturation slightly but i think it makes a nice difference to the car and background :)