The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Glanza_Mike's Clean White VVTI Supra Project!

Glanza_Mike

Looking good

Really digging the subtle black engine bays at the moment, I've been thinking about moving away from the polished look and doing black eventually

What i did mate was just google 'black Supra engine bay' as i knew i wanted black instead of red or blue or whatever, and i just preffered the ones that had more black than polished stuff, although it definitely needs a bit of shiny stuff to break it up :)

Really nice job mate. Was taking the inlet off an easy job or not? I've got a small oil leak I need to look at and I need to remove mine

/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, it's not too difficult to be honest, way easier than removing the stock turbos, can easily be done from the top with the car on the ground. If you know what you're doing with cars it's fine and comes off easier than it looks.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lastly i need to say a MASSIVE thank you to Mike (Delboy on here) for getting some SRD engine boxes out to me last minute that he hadn't used. I put a wanted thread up only a few days ago and he replied and send them out to me on next day delivery to make sure i got them for Japfest so a big thank you to you Mike, top bloke.

Your're welcome mate. Glad the boxes got to you in good time so you can fit them :) Bay is looking really nice, nice work! :thumbs:

• 7 months later...

Not 100% sure on this one yet chaps so i haven't started a for sale thread but i'm considering selling my baby :( And by baby i mean this beauty not an actual child :innocent:

If anyone's interested feel free to post here or PM me but i'd be looking for £20k, it's just about to be serviced with titan fuchs 5w40 with a gold plug magnetic sump plug and will come with a brand new OEM Toyota crank pulley and bolt, supplied not fitted.

She's covered about 68k miles from new and is in great condition as most of you know if you've been to any shows with me.

Thank you.

Mike.

Modifications

• Whifbitz 3” titanium single box exhaust (12/16)

• Whifbitz Front mount intercooler kit (02/17)

• PHR street torque single turbo kit with precision 6266 0.81a/r (02/17)

• Manifold, turbo exhaust housing & downpipe all heat painted

• Downpipes heatwrapped and Ti turbo blanket

• TB developments UK spec 1st decat – heatwrapped (02/17)

• Whifbitz 3” 2nd decat

• Most engine bay bolts replaced with new stainless steel bolts/nuts (03/17)

• Walbro 485 fuel pump with 12v mod & relay (04/16)

• Innovate SCG-1 Wideband gauge & boost controller/gauge (04/16)

• New OEM Toyota facelift headlights (02/17)

• New OEM Toyota sidelights/indicators (03/15)

• HID headlight kit

• Whifbitz Carbon bonnet struts

• BC Coilovers (02/17)

• 19” Varrstoen ES2 matt black wheels 9.5” front & 10.5” rear (11/14)

• Kuhmo ecsta le sport 245/35/19 & 295/30/19 (11/14)

• McGard black tuner locking nuts

• HEL braided brake lines (11/14)

• ATE super blue brake fluid

• RMM front lip (11/14)

• TRD carbon spoiler (11/14)

• Evo 8 recaros & John D low mount seat frames (11/14)

• Focal PS165fx component speakers in custom Supra door mounts (01/15)

• JL Audio 300/2 Amp & Focal amp wiring kit (01/15)

• Custom discreet boot install to hide amp and crossovers

• Fully sound deadened doors, rear panels & seats & boot using silent coat aluminium mat and silent coat 9mm foam. (03/15)

• Clifford 650 mk2 cat 1 alarm with proximity sensors, turbo timer & anti hi-jack (02/15)

• Heckler PCB heater controls (02/15)

• Stu Hagen custom speedo LED conversion (

• Front Brembo 6 pots using ISF discs and Hawk HPS pads (05/15)

• Rear Brembo 4 pots using ISF discs and Brembo pads (05/15)

• Black silicone radiator hoses (03/17)

• Water neck modified to remove water feeds, welded and smoothed – wrinkle black VHT

• Cam covers cleaned & painted wrinkle black VHT

• Loads of engine dress up nuts and bolts in stainless steel

• Genuine TRD oil cap

• Whifbitz billet rad brackets

• SRD engine bay boxes (painted wrinkle black VHT)

Service

• New OEM cam cover gaskets and cam breather hoses (03/17)

• New OEM water elbow gasket & o-rings (03/17)

• New OEM Toyota Heater buttons (03/15)

• New OEM exhaust manifold gasket & exhaust nuts (02/17)

• New OEM Inlet manifold gaskets (x2)

• Power steering fluid completely flushed and changed – Dexron 3 (04/15)

• Engine oil change – Fuchs Pro-S 5w-40 – new Toyota filter (03/16)

• Gearbox oil change – Toyota type iv + 1 litre of Lucas stop slip (03/16)

• New OEM exhaust manifold gasket & exhaust nuts (02/17)

• Inlet side of engine stripped down, everything cleaned, new gaskets etc

• Bosch aerotwin wipers (04/17)

• New OEM crank pulley with new bolt. - Supplied

• 6ltr titan fuchs S 5w 40

• Gold plug magnetic sump plug

Edited by Glanza_Mike (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

So as i'm sure a few of you have seen on the forum by now I sold my car Saturday morning to new member 'Crossy'. I never really had plans to sell my car and still absolutely loved it, it's the only car I've owned where i never, not once had an urge to sell in all my ownership, and by far the car i'd owned the longest.

Reasons behind me selling were that I've agreed a deal with my Dad to buy his car towards the end of this year and unfortunately i can't afford to keep both. The reason i sold now rather than holding onto it was that i thought i'd be able to use the money to make more money in that time, so i'm going to invest some into crypto and possibly buy something like a 240z or a 65-68 Mustang and partially restore. Either that or build a garage as my Dad's said i can't buy the car until i have one! :blink:

Anyway just thought i'd leave an update/end to thread here, thanks for following over the last few years, i'll still lurk the forum and post another build thread on the next car if anyone is interested...? The car i'm hopefully buying off my Dad as long as everything goes to plan is a 2000 R34 GTR, which has pretty much been my dream car since i was about 12 lol

So good luck to Sam/Crossy with my baby, please look after her!! :innocent: And thanks for following this :) See ya!!