The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Glanza_Mike's Clean White VVTI Supra Project!

Glanza_Mike

Awesome mate your car is a cracker :)

Brakes look great mate!!

Beautiful

Your car looks amazing mate. Those Brembos are enormous lol.

Great work

Thank you guys :)

Looking fantastic mate you will receive exhaust adapter tomorrow to,:)

Awesome, cheers Matt, looking forward to fitting that!

those are real brakes, wish I had skipped the UKs and gone this route

Haha, well, i think i paid a great price for these and i know the guy that does the kits pretty well now. Let me know if you want me to get you a quote from him.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have my dream supra mate ;) :D

Haha thank you mate :)

Looks epic mate! I've been eyeing those Brembo conversions on the Facebook group as well so may have to look into it after seeing how well it's come out on yours :cool:

Yeah i don't blame you, when i saw how much cheaper they were going to be than buying brembos in the UK and also probably even cheaper than K-Sports and stuff or at least similar i just had to go for them :)

• 2 weeks later...

Time for another quick update......

About ten days ago now i got around to fitting my freshly rebuilt and powdercoated Aragosta coilovers along with my new Boost Logic Titanium exhaust :) The coilovers the second time round were really easy to do, sooo much easier when you know all the parts that have to come off the car :D

Here's a few pics of the rebuilt Aragostas next to my old Meister R coilovers, i couldn't believe just how much of a difference there was in spring size! I thought i may have the wrong units to start with lol

Aragostas rebuilt, powdercoated and ready to go:

Rear coilover comparison:

Front coilover comparison:

Since fitting the new coilovers and setting them to full soft they are still a bit harsher than the Meister Rs for the road, but not unbearable. They do make the car feel more planted however and i feel like it probably responds and handles a bit better than before so a decent change all in all.

After the coilovers were done it was time for the long awaited Boost Logic exhaust to go on :) I wanted one of these exhausts before i even owned a Supra, i think they sound fantastic!

Comparison shot with my brand new Whifbitz 3" 2nd decat and Boost Logic next to the full Ti Amuse R1000. The Amuse is soooooooo light :O

When i fitted the exhaust i completely forgot to re-install the restrictor ring lol The first time i put my foot to the floor it went to 1.4bar :blink: And i knew something was off, that's when i remembered i hadn't put it back on lol :rolleyes:

Quite crazy though how much more responsive the car was without the restrictor, felt a lot nicer to drive and it sounded slightly better and definitely spooled up faster. Was a shame i had to put it back in :(

The only strange thing with this exhaust is the second mount, the one half way down the car there is no mount on my car or exhaust rubber to hang it too. On my car there is just a chassis/tunnel brace there. Do the pre-facelift cars have an exhaust mount where the facelift cars have a tunnel brace?

Short video clip:

https://vid.me/3m3K

Brakes exhaust and suspension all done:

Not many more mods to go on for some time now! I've got some carbon bonnet dampers to fit and it needs an MOT and insurance again pretty soon but apart from that shes sitting pretty much how i want her now :)

Great pics and very nice Supra you have.

Everything is just as it should : black rims on white body, nice front lip, big brakes,Ti exhaust.

I would maybe put clear side indicators on the sides of the front bumper, but it's personal.

All in all : awesome Supra :thumbs:

Great pics and very nice Supra you have.

Everything is just as it should : black rims on white body, nice front lip, big brakes,Ti exhaust.

I would maybe put clear side indicators on the sides of the front bumper, but it's personal.

All in all : awesome Supra :thumbs:

Thanks Luc! Your car is looking awesome too mate, nice work :)

I do prefer the orange/standard side repeaters btw :)

You're doing it right Mike! :cool:

Looks great mate.

Hopefully I can make the midlands meet as I would like a closer look at your wheel/brake setup :thumbs:

What a stunning car. Very tasteful :thumbs:

Thanks you guys :)

Hi mate can you send me the link to where you got your breaks from cheers

Yeah sure Lee i got them from here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Brembos.SRT8.Conversions/ Speak to Jacob.

car looks great and excellent mods, seen those pics on face book. Im a R34 fan but cant beat the supra on looks.

Yeah i bloody love R34's, and tbh if i was offered that blue one in a swap for my car i'd take it in an instant lol It's been my dream car since i was like 14 :love:

Looks great mike! Where did you find the boost logic exhaust?

Cheers mate, well i had a wanted thread up on here for many months but nothing came from that, i just ended up finding one for sale on here. I logged on only moments after it was posted for sale and in those couple of minutes there were already 2 other people before mo lol Mental how popular these exhausts are.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know if the exhaust hangars, particularly the one near the middle of the car is the same on both facelift and pre-facelift cars? Thanks

Gutted I'm not on Facebook :-(

I'm considering speaking to the guy that does them and getting a price for the package, also just for the fronts and just for the rears. There is some grinding work that needs to be done to the calipers before they can be fit so i would do all of this and ship the sets out ready to fit.

Would that something you'd be interested in Lee? Or anyone else?

Is the RX7 your dads? heard you mention he had one...

It is mate yeah, originally i was going to have it off him pretty cheap, but he blew the turbos and the poor thing ha just sat there for about 18 months now. :(

Love this car and the build :) I might of missed it but what size rear tyre you running ?

Thanks mate, i'll swap it for your if you'd like? :D

Im running a slightly stretched 30/275 on the rear but i think there is room for a 285 so ill try that next time.

I've been looking at that brake conversion on Facebook. It does look very nice. How's the calliper to wheel clearance compared to the UK brakes? My UK's were very close to my TTE wheels when I had them.

Yeah i was really concerned about the wheel clearance also but as it turns out they clear much better :) I had to use a 5mm spacer for my UK brakes to clear my wheels and that's along with shaving some metal off the caliper to allow it to clear. With these Brembos i can use no spacer and have more clearance :)

Very nice supra mate!

How are you finding the new coilovers?

I've heard the meister-r's are very nice and comfy for road use. How they compare?

Do you have any plans for your old ones?

The new coilovers are very good, the car certainly handles a bit better woith them on and also feels a bit more planted overall. The downside of this is that even on full soft they are firmer than the Meister R, which was a lovely street coilover in my opinion.

The Meister Rs have already been sold though mate.

Cracking car mate and with regards the hanger I think boost logic supply one with the exhaust that bolts to the cross brace, you get a fue companys suppling there own hangs I have an apex n1 and it uses its own hanger for the rear slincer.

Yeah after i read this i had a google search and you are indeed correct mate. Thanks for that, i'll have to get onto MVP or someone and see if they can get me just the middle hangar as the guy i bought it from doesn't have it anymore :(