The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NEW SUPRA!!1 erm... Toyota FT-1 Concept

Gaz6002

When the MK4 Supra came out, it was a hate it or love it kind of car. This is no different. I personally think it looks great, park this thing next to many new modern day sports cars (GT-R, C7 Corvette etc.) and it makes them look outdated. The interior is absolutely stunning too. I hope it goes into production looking like this. I'm guessing the only reason why they watered down the GT86, is because of this car.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just been announced the Lexus RC F is getting a 5.0-litre 450hp V8, eight-speed auto 'box and RWD.

Any or all of that could make it to FT-1 quite easily :)

As said earlier, this is the 2urgse engine and aa80e trans also found in the IS-F (and our project supra) , which is currently toyota's most modern and powerful power plant (apart from the l-fa engine) and latest technology transmission.

Now, Toyota Motorsport GmbH (Those who were behind the Toyota formula 1 development) have already taken this engine to the next level via modern turbo technology, and built the TMG650 to showcase their development work in production cars. the 650 stands for 650bhp..and was showcased at Essen last year

Merge these 2 toyota devlopement projects togather...and bingo :)

As said earlier, this is the 2urgse engine and aa80e trans also found in the IS-F (and our project supra) , which is currently toyota's most modern and powerful power plant (apart from the l-fa engine) and latest technology transmission.

Now, Toyota Motorsport GmbH (Those who were behind the Toyota formula 1 development) have already taken this engine to the next level via modern turbo technology, and built the TMG650 to showcase their development work in production cars. the 650 stands for 650bhp..and was showcased at Essen last year.

That certainly makes a lot of sense to me, if they've managed to get the gearbox to take that much torque then there's not a huge amount holding it back.

I just hope the torque-vectoring system isn't too intrusive and the diff works properly :cool:

Now, Toyota Motorsport GmbH (Those who were behind the Toyota formula 1 development) have already taken this engine to the next level via modern turbo technology, and built the TMG650 to showcase their development work in production cars. the 650 stands for 650bhp..and was showcased at Essen last year

I think so Marty ;)

I think all the straight 6 talk is a deflection and to get people talking about drivetrains ; definitely think TMG650 development work will be incorporated some how

2010 saw the IS-F go to a true mechanical LSD as they ditched the "intelligent Diff" or 'just apply brake pressure to left or right wheel' due to customer feedback. So toyota know a true LSD is the only way forward. Transmission via stock ecu control has been holding up well in Nitrous applications, it was also the transmission used (in standard form) behind the TMG650 ;)

Been staring at this for the last two days and guess what? The front has grown on me, showed it to the Ms and you know what she said?, "as long as we don't have to sell sell both MKIVs"

If this is around 60k I'll be ordering a US Spec when they are released!

One thing I have noticed is that the concept car is relying on some super hard suspension setup if that is the wheel clearance that they are opting for.

The production model may have the wheels within the arches or the car is going to sit much higher I fear.