The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NEW SUPRA!!1 erm... Toyota FT-1 Concept

Gaz6002

Any news yet on the drive wheels?

Are they going RWD or 4WD? Maybe they will go for an intelligent system with say 30% front 70% rear drive, with the elecktrickery bits adding drive to the front when needed. That may be a good way to keep the "RWD" feel, but the control and traction of a 4WD set up.

have said its the Classic front engined rear wheel drive layout ;)

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news yet on the drive wheels?

Are they going RWD or 4WD? Maybe they will go for an intelligent system with say 30% front 70% rear drive, with the elecktrickery bits adding drive to the front when needed. That may be a good way to keep the "RWD" feel, but the control and traction of a 4WD set up.

RWD according to all the articles.

The concept can be downloaded onto GT6 tomorrow apparent.

The front is just too much for me, as mk4gaz said it just looks like it's trying to hard.

Front needs a whole redesign, and the rear isn't very imaginative, pretty much a toned done LFA rear.

Funny how I think this really makes the MKIV look old...and this is bang up to date with real wind tunnel driven styling...like the F12 and P1...

Think the more you guys hate on the nose the more I like it.

I would get one as is, even without the fancy cabin & mirrors that deffo won't make production.

I know where you're coming from Alex, it is a very current and modern design, but as Alex has said the mkiv is timeless and I think this just takes too much away from it.

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY like it, but the front spoils it big time.

All generations of supra had a hate or love reaction about certain design aspects, even the mkiv front design was seen as ugly by many at the time being 'Renowned for its ugly headlights and laughter inducing spoiler'....seems that the love hate trait carrys on with this ;) and be it love or hate it generates interest

This is fantastic and great to see from Toyota and the designers working on it... my 2 pence worth before I start saving for one!

* Car looks stunning, the front needs a little work but the side and back profile... Oh my. :drool:

* Needs to be RWD, 4WD is fantastic but we aren't in a direct competition of the fastest car in production, not at low cost.

* Needs to be a 2+2

* Ideally a straight six twin turbo, driving the BMW 335i - I see it can be done within the emissions targets

* Finally get me on board Mr T - I'll have this sorted in no time :D

Edited by Abz (see edit history)

I am slowly falling in love.

A mate in the pub had his ipad with him tonight so i showed the lads in the bar the new concept Toyota, the

really fit and i mean really fit girl who works behind the bar just went wow whats that.

Enough said :)