The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NEW SUPRA!!1 erm... Toyota FT-1 Concept

Gaz6002

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From all the Vids at detroit, engine uses dual intakes which are usually favoured in modern twin turboed V applications

There's no actual engine in it, its just a prop so nobody knows what engine will appear in it if it does go into production.

I am sure Toyota will be over the moon with the ripples that their prototype car has made over the world, my facebook is buzzing with my friends all over the world commenting and raving about it and some of these friends own several super cars of all types, this new car could blow up and be such a massive success for Toyota!

If the price and performance are on par with the new Vette then it will be a huge success for toyota and my next car(A few years from now when someone has kinly taken the big initial hit of deprciation for me). If it ends up being 80k+ then I will just get the C7 and it will problably die due to costing too much for a Toyota, like the MKIV really, amazing car when it was released but too expensive for the average enthusiast and too 'Toyota' for the people with the money to afford one.

Edited by GMan (see edit history)

If the price and performance are on par with the new Vette then it will be a huge success for toyota and my next car(A few years from now when someone has kinly taken the big initial hit of deprciation for me). If it ends up being 80k+ then I will just get the C7 and it will problably die due to costing too much for a Toyota, like the MKIV really, amazing car when it was released but too expensive for the average enthusiast and too 'Toyota' for the people with the money to afford one.

Depends what you call expensive, I thought the MKIV where around the 40k mark when released?

and considering how over engineered they are/where I think that's a rather good price. I reckon it'll be a 50-60k car, although there is that thing of if it will be a GTR rival with RWD in which case it may be closer to 80k

I'm not a fan of the front of the car, but the rear 3/4 is lovely :cool:

Depends what you call expensive, I thought the MKIV where around the 40k mark when released?

and considering how over engineered they are/where I think that's a rather good price. I reckon it'll be a 50-60k car, although there is that thing of if it will be a GTR rival with RWD in which case it may be closer to 80k

I'm not a fan of the front of the car, but the rear 3/4 is lovely :cool:

You forget inflation my friend, the TT Supra was about $50k in the US in 1993 Ushing the official US inflation calculator http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm that equates to $80,646 in todays money. The truth of the matter is people didn't want to pay 80k for a toyota when they could have a Merc Or Bimmer for less, regardless of the fact that in 1993 the Supra could smash on cars costing twice as much.

If Toyota prices this one at 80k, 20 years from now there will be a bunch of guys on a forum wondering why Toyota hasn't relased a MKVI yet and why they killed it after a few years.

Fun Fact in 1995 an na Supra costed $37,600 had 220 bhp and weighed 3215 lbs

a 1995 BMW M3 $37,950 had 240 BHP and weighed 3175 lbs performance and price were so close as to be a dead heat.

Guess which one sold a hell of alot more due to band name alone?

Resource for comparing cars MSN autos 1995 comparo

Edited by GMan (see edit history)

You forget inflation my friend, the TT Supra was about $50k in the US in 1993 Ushing the official US inflation calculator http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm that equates to $80,646 in todays money. The truth of the matter is people didn't want to pay 80k for a toyota when they could have a Merc Or Bimmer for less, regardless of the fact that in 1993 the Supra could smash on cars costing twice as much.

If Toyota prices this one at 80k, 20 years from now there will be a bunch of guys on a forum wondering why Toyota hasn't relased a MKVI yet and why they killed it after a few years.

Fun Fact in 1995 an na Supra costed $37,600 had 220 bhp and weighed 3215 lbs

a 1995 BMW M3 $37,950 had 240 BHP and weighed 3175 lbs performance and price were so close as to be a dead heat.

Guess which one sold a hell of alot more due to band name alone?

Resource for comparing cars MSN autos 1995 comparo

A 1995 M3 had 270+hp, your figures are for the US M3, that was little more than a tarted up 328i. While badge snobbery is probably the main reason for the BMWs success over the Supra, the E36 was a sharper drivers car than the Supra.