The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NEW SUPRA!!1 erm... Toyota FT-1 Concept

Gaz6002

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish they would stop making everything look like a f1 car...

That "new supra" (which it isn't by the way, nobody official I've seen has even mentioned the word supra it's just the media) is as ugly as hell. Will probably (going off what little they have released so far) be too expensive (like the lfa but not the same league)

Also. Look at the length and drop off on the nose of the car. There is no way you would be able to see the front corner. You need one of those sticks sticking up from the corner that truckers have. Or you would bump it whenever you tried to park

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

For all those that hate the Front don't worry, there is no way that nose will pass pedestrian safety standards so just like the ft86 concept the nose WILL be different in production

Don't see why? The centre section can be made of a deformable structure. The black scoops would be the hardest bit to work on, proper ankle cutters, like the Gallardo's replacement.

Like others I'm not a fan of the nose. It remind me of the eagle character from the Muppets!

Side angle is stunning, stance is far too low for any real world use, so smaller wheels and raised suspension will undoubtably happen.

The back end is a little too fussy too. No doubt that will be made more basic for a final production version.

I also have to say I think rear wheel drive is a bad idea. I know it's a "real drivers" setup, but the competition is fierce and rear wheel drive just can't compare to real world use vs four wheel drive.

I think as others have said it will be handling over performance. I don't think Toyota know how to compete with the price and capability of the GTR, and therefore probably won't.

I would love this to be as iconic as the MKIV but I don't think we will see a car as great as the MKIV ever again out of Toyota R&D.

Look at the length and drop off on the nose of the car. There is no way you would be able to see the front corner. You need one of those sticks sticking up from the corner that truckers have. Or you would bump it whenever you tried to park

You can see the corner of the front of the Supra?!?! I can't see where the front of the Supra is, but I have never bumped anything when I park.

Are you kidding me! This will very much live up to the supra name and will be inspiration for every supra fan to do what ever it takes to afford one! I know it would be for my case, no matter what I would find a way to get a hold o mine! I just hope I have time to recover from the spenditure of single turbo my car with built engine! Lol

I love that alot , I like the front just not sure about the middle bit of it, its not a supra its a FT1 but very supra orientated ,

Hope its not silly money and even if its a 3ltr turbo I would have it, I mean I would even buy that brand spanking new which I would never ever normally do!

What a awesome car for toyota to come back to super car status hope they build it !

If you want to drive it its on grand turismo 6 :D

Loving this! Looks great, and although I do have a soft spot for a fixed rear wing, I like the active aero parts. Like others have said, this probably won't make it to production in its current form if Mr T decides to go ahead with it, but I do hope they keep as much of it as possible.....I think it's time they released something decent again that will smash the pants off the euro designed performance cars! But as we know, this will all rest on the power plant and drive train combo; I'm liking the idea of a 4L V8 line with NA and TT options, in the hope that the tuning gods will send us some mental supercharged projects!

Loving this! Looks great, and although I do have a soft spot for a fixed rear wing, I like the active aero parts. Like others have said, this probably won't make it to production in its current form if Mr T decides to go ahead with it, but I do hope they keep as much of it as possible.....I think it's time they released something decent again that will smash the pants off the euro designed performance cars! But as we know, this will all rest on the power plant and drive train combo; I'm liking the idea of a 4L V8 line with NA and TT options, in the hope that the tuning gods will send us some mental supercharged projects!

If its the Current line of v8 UR high compression direct and port injected engines, then the tuning end of things is covered before it even comes out ;)