The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NEW SUPRA!!1 erm... Toyota FT-1 Concept

Gaz6002

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite obvious now that the FT-1 really was THE car of the Detroit motor show. Toyota must be overwhelmed with the amazing reception the car has received.

However, that does not guarantee production, the simply amazing Jaguar XK180 concept probably had created even more hysteria, and it sadly didn't make production. :(

It's quite obvious now that the FT-1 really was THE car of the Detroit motor show. Toyota must be overwhelmed with the amazing reception the car has received.

However, that does not guarantee production, the simply amazing Jaguar XK180 concept probably had created even more hysteria, and it sadly didn't make production. :(

Its quite simple, to eat a proper meal you need a knife, fork and a spoon.

Toyota have the knife, they have the fork, the gt 86 may be the spoon... but they are missing the ice cold drink...

I wasn't a fan of the new car.... Till I saw this photoshop... Colouring the front middle bit black realy improves it for me.

This I would buy!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]179801[/ATTACH]

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=179801&d=1390403411

Agree! Definitely better.... Still needs work imo at the front, the rest is ace!

I wasn't a fan of the new car.... Till I saw this photoshop... Colouring the front middle bit black realy improves it for me.

This I would buy!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]179801[/ATTACH]

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=179801&d=1390403411

That looks amazing. Miles better than how it is now! Perfect next supra right there :)

Someone needs to send that to toyota and say

Dear toyota,

I fixed this for you. Now sort he rear lights out...

Your welcome :)

Edited by JasonR24 (see edit history)

I prefer the original concept, it looks very dramatic and unique which is what the new Supra should be, I hope the production car, if it's made, isn't watered down too much. The only part of the concept which I don't like is the transparent bonnet, which is a bit naff IMO.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2.5L should be a revvy little thing then. 400bhp on the standard 'top spec' model is a good starting point for many.

Not sure why they would bother with a 2L version though.

I was hoping they would be looking at 450bhp-500bhp level as a starting point, modern sports car performance levels sort of demand it these days.

I am hoping the new Supra will not be pitched against the GTR......which is why I am glad they are going for RWD and not 4WD. The Skylines have always been a very different car to the Supra and cover very different driving experiences that suit particular drivers.

I always saw the Supra MkIV more pitched against the Porsche 911 to be honest.

The new Supra I'd have thought to compete with this particular market should be offering 911 GT3 levels of performance at a price significantly cheaper than the 911 GT3.

If this can be done with a compact 2.5L turbo in a smart looking shell then all is good. With the addition that to draw punters on to this car rather than the usual 911, I'd have thought it would demand 450-500bhp.

But then I guess it will depend on the torque figures they manage to produce and how the power is delivered.

Suspicious of that article. I'm sure the trademark was reported to have been placed/refreshed whatever 3-4 years ago

They have said numerous times it's not going to be a hybrid.

That bonnet is far too long for a v6 as well.

2l turbo? So a super car with a hot hatch engine. That will sound shit, Yawn!

We know how great sounding and fast the gt86 is...