The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brazil's Build - Project (Do Luck V1)

Brazil

Just think how good it will feel to drive the car once it's completed! :) You've had a rough time with this, but it will still be worth it if you end up with a great car at the end of it. :)

Its strange its been so long, I almost dont believe it it will ever be ready or work...! ilmao.....

I am doing up my daily a bmw convertible, its so nice to do mods that do not take as long.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys, its almost time to crank it up again!

I am just waiting on few parts to arrive like a Tial BOV since mine went missing at the shop its at.

I also need the HKS fuel rail AN fitting since when the polishers/chromers wrecked it and we have a fuel leak.

Lastly I am waiting for some Super pro bushings for the lower control arm since we found the previous garage cut a few of the bushings to get it fit without a hydraulic press.

The idea is though for the car to leave the shop needing for nothing with all mechanical work caught up.

Very sexy engine :cool:.

looking good mate.

Thank you very much guys, I am really pleased with it too :)

I'd swap out that cam gear mate. I have the same ones and they feel like they are made of toffee.

Yeah the other one I have has a chip out of it too, will look into that for sure thanks.

No matter what happens next, please make sure you see this through to completion. We have all taken the journey with you, do it for us!

Thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate the positive energy!

good to see more progress dude !!!!! almost there now though !!!

Hi Keith, yeah just waiting on a couple of parts to arrive from Paul whiffin and we will be ready to fire it up.

Looks great Luiz! Can't wait to see this finished at last bud :)

Thanks buddy..! It will be really nice to have her home again that is for sure..! :)

My fave forum car this at the a moment.

Best comment yet..! I even did a little celebrating dance when I read this...! hehehe

As you know there are some nice little surprises I will be showing soon ;)

Looks bloody awesome mate. A LOOONG road ... but certainly worth not giving up :)

Thanks budd, it will be a massive relief to have the car back home again that will be a celebration for me :)

So this evening with the help of Ryan G. we got the car mapped for running in the new engine so just mild map with 1.2bar of boost but enough poke for me to enjoy these run in miles..! :-)

We also found out that the VVTI solenoid is not working as it should so I am having to order a new one and we will install it before the full boost mapping.

Tomorrow, we just have a few little bits and peaces to do and then she getting driven out of that shop and getting a super clean and polish for the first time in 2 years...! lol

I like to give a massive thank you to Ryan for squeezing me in before he goes on holiday today for a week...! A total gentleman and great professional...!

Check out the fire coming out the screamer pipe on this one..!

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)

There's always the slight chance the anti drain back valve in the vvti solenoid feed banjo bolt is stuck. Are you running it in without all the oil cooler stuff?

Have fun, glad it's coming together for you at last.

Hi Chris,

Yes I am running in without the oil cooler stuff, I have ordered a new VVTI solenoid, decided its not a bad part to have it new and working very efficient since its so old.

Today we went over the car again, and she is running better as I put in the miles on her.

Very pleased for you, your perseverance paid off

WoW

I bet you are over the moon to get this nightmare behind you, I cant congratulate you enough to stick at it im sure your be having a party to celebrate her coming home :D

Awesome dude! Totally chuffed for you :thumbs:

Juhuuuu....great news mate ;)

great news well done mate :cool:

congratulations, the love for your Supra will come flooding back!

Great news, you must be smiling :).

Well done buddy!

Great to see this alive again. Bet you can't wait to get her out on the road now.

There's always the slight chance the anti drain back valve in the vvti solenoid feed banjo bolt is stuck. Are you running it in without all the oil cooler stuff?

Have fun, glad it's coming together for you at last.

Without you guys and this forum I would of never got this far! Am so proud to be part of our community here on mkivsupra.net..! Big hug and thank you to all of you guys..!