The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brazil's Build - Project (Do Luck V1)

Brazil

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's only one way to find out...! :eyebrows:

Should make some cool night time videos of fire coming out back and sides..! :blink:

With EGT's of upto 900C the screamer pipe is going to be glowing red hot, I'd definitely rethink having it exiting out the side of the car.

With EGT's of upto 900C the screamer pipe is going to be glowing red hot, I'd definitely rethink having it exiting out the side of the car.

The Screamer pipe will have Dei Heat Wrap, and I am looking into getting something to mould on the side skirt like you see on exhausts.

Looking good and progressing well, not sure how long the side skirts will survive though :)

Sure it's risky; maybe with heat wrap, heat resistance material around the side skirt and angle it slightly to the ground it will be ok. I will get back on you on that one..! :sly:

why isnt this thread in projects? come on admins! slack or what :p Looks goods brazil.

:) Thanks... It's tough going at times, but very rewarding when all starts to fall into place..!

Portuguese works well too :), I think I go visit them soon ;).

Nuno... please not soon..! I've been paciently waiting for other projects to finish so they can prioritize mine for a long time...! dont distract them..! hahahaha :p

Looking good mate, but get that plastic cable tie sorted lol

Thanks for the warning guys... I was told by the shop that they have ordered stainless steel ones specific for my project and the plastic wrap will be replaced.

Intercoolers lines almost much finished just need to weld the BOV and make it shiny; polished or chromed?

Here we have put some supports on the Intercooler lines to protect the manifold from stress.

Finally I have a VVTI specific custom hard water pipe.

Looking good :thumbs:

On the pic it looks like the upper rad pipe is butted up against the radiator outlet, if it is I'd think about cutting the rad pipe shorter so there's a gap and then use a longer silicon connector to allow for more movement between the engine and radiator.

Will you be adding ducting between the bumper and FMIC?

Looking good :thumbs:

On the pic it looks like the upper rad pipe is butted up against the radiator outlet, if it is I'd think about cutting the rad pipe shorter so there's a gap and then use a longer silicon connector to allow for more movement between the engine and radiator.

Will you be adding ducting between the bumper and FMIC?

I will clear that up with the shop about the upper rad pipe thanks.

Yes the FMIC is getting fully duct, they are also building a huge engine tray that will cover front the beggining of the front doors to front of car all nicely tucked under the front bumper. Also building a cover for all the fuel lines etc from engine to back of car with ducting for fuel cooler like Lee did to Stuarts car.

Looking good mate! nice idea with the screamer

I have my screamers out of the bonet , that should be good a night time driving.

Sure will be, its time to buy some go pro's I think.. :-)

Very nice mate.

Thanks guys, means a lot coming from you lot whom are the ones that have set the standards to what it is today....! :)

Looking good mate! nice idea with the screamer

I have my screamers out of the bonet , that should be good a night time driving.

Oh yes ... we need videos.

Side flames by night please :D

Have you made up your mind on the interior yet?

Yes, I've made up my mind on the interior and just received a photo from the trimmers where they did some sample stitching to make sure I am happy with it, I am very pleased...! They are also very excited to work on my car and know it will bring good publicity for them which is nice to know they will be going that extra mile to make it perfect.

Its going to be similar to what Ibrar has done with his, Black Alcantara for 80% same quality as the Lamborghini's and 20% Red Leather Soft like BMW. A lot of red stitching in 3 different types. I will also changing my black carpets to red ones to contrast with the black.

Looking good. Its coming along very nicely now mate going to be an awesome supra. Are you going to wrap your manifold or leave it as it is? I think a carbon spark plug cover would look good:)

Yes, I am going to have the exhaust manifold heat wrapped.... Once I've got the bulk of the build completed I will star working on the carbon fiber bits and peaces for final touches...! at the moment I have a lot on my plate still especially since I've just decided to change my wheels to 19'' Work Meister S1 3P with black centers.

Ps. Thanks..... when you getting photos of your build up... ;)