The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brazil's Build - Project (Do Luck V1)

Brazil

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read this through from the start - looking very nice indeed! :cool:

Out of interest, what brand is your Jun-style plenum and TB? They look very similar to my RC Turbo ones is all... :)

I bought it of parry, it was previously used on a Big twin turbo set up and had a lot of flow work and mods to maximize its performance. I think the make is ......... Engineering but neither myself or parry know for sure. It's quite obvious that they used a Jun design to build it. The TB is huge 100mm I am having to eliminate my electronic DBW by using the Toyota celica throttle cable mod since I am VVTI.

-12AN Fitting welded on to be used on SRD Breather Kit to back of car

Cam covers ready to have it mirror polished.

Radiator was looking grubby so the guys gave it a rub down.

The guys placed this to reduce any friction between FMIC and crash bar.

Greddy 4 Row FMIC ''its a BIG, I like''

SRD Relocation kit - thanks Lee for selling it seperatly..!

See about getting some P-clips to secure that braided fuel line to the underside of the car. If those cable ties snap your line could end up hitting the road. Few P-clips riveted onto the car floor and you'll be nice and secure

And keep the updates coming.... great to see progress on the car.

Fitting HKS Denso 1000cc Injectors – O ring

Not sure yet what I am going to do with the alloy expansion tank since I have my aero catch pin on the way, maybe look into welding a new bracket to it.

My New and gear knob my momo one I had before made the gear stick higher up and felt like I was driving a truck.

Experimenting the best place to have my battery in the trunk using SRD battery relocation kit.

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)

See about getting some P-clips to secure that braided fuel line to the underside of the car. If those cable ties snap your line could end up hitting the road. Few P-clips riveted onto the car floor and you'll be nice and secure

And keep the updates coming.... great to see progress on the car.

Thanks Keith, the car is going to the fabricator soon where I like for them to build an aluminum case around the fuel line. As well as some other goodies ;)

Nice to see someone with the same spec camera as me! join the revolution!!

It's my mechanics phone camera so I better not bitch other wise he will charge me double so he can upgrade his phone..!

Thanks Keith, the car is going to the fabricator soon where I like for them to build an aluminum case around the fuel line. As well as some other goodies ;)

Good stuff.....I'll sleep better tonight and possibly all day while on shift knowing that your fuel lines will never meet road !! have to admit after seeing LeeP's work on Jay_NW's supra fuel line guard I am considering something similar myself as I'll be running the car lower this year than it was before. Even considering a flat floor in area's to protect the refurbed underside but that might be overkill.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My car is now at Cedoisracing getting bits and pieces fabricated like engine & front bumper cover, fuel line protection cover, FMIC lines, ducting the FMIC & Oil cooler, screamer pipe exiting the side skirts, 4'' exhaust turbo back, heat protection plate near downpipe.

• 1 month later...

Nitrous Express FMIC Cooling and the bottle in the trunk adds another 200 fast n furious bhp..!

Making up 3.5’’ Down pipe turbo back.

HKS Relocation + Cooler Duct in bumper.

New Turbo braided lines.

Engine taking shape.

Looking good mate, this is going to be rather exceptional.

Thanks buddy...! I kind of gone past that point of no return in terms of budget so decided to sod it and go all out with it..! We are all lunnies here...! :D

Thanks buddy...! I kind of gone past that point of no return in terms of budget so decided to sod it and go all out with it..! We are all lunnies here...! :D

I know the feeling, do it right, do it once! You should pop the front lip back on the front bumper, they look much better with them!

Great to see everything taking shape.

I bet you can't wait to get it on the road now.

Looking forward to hearing how well it goes.

Hi Mark..! You are absolutely right..! I am so eager to have my car up and running again, its been so long that I've actually forgotten how much fun its like to own a special sports car.

The worst part of the build is when its stagnated, and you have a bunch of nice parts waiting to be put on..!

I know the feeling, do it right, do it once! You should pop the front lip back on the front bumper, they look much better with them!

Funny you should say that because the lip is going back mainly because I am having a flat bottom fabricated for the front half of the car and it will help keep the bottom level.

I had originally taken it off because when I changing my Tein SS to Meister R I lowered it a bit more and I thought it would be more practical not to have it, plus I was always curious to see what it looked like without it.

I am thinking hoping the front bumper lip will be a lot sturdier since it will be supported by a stainless steal flat bottom.

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Looking good, I don't think that cable tie will last long though ;)

Does it get a bit hot under there? hahah..... Just sent them message...! Hopefully it was there just while they ran to the shop to get some metal tie wraps...!