The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brazil's Build - Project (Do Luck V1)

Brazil

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you know I recently had a break for parts thread, during the sale of a few items I decided to buy it back having to pay the paypal fee and attempt for the 3rd time to build this car.

I am using a new garage whom already have rebuilt my BMW Convertible engine and did a superb job, and this time all the mechanical work has fix price and guaranteed and final payment wont be made till they have personally put 3k miles on the car o test that everything is good.

As usual every time I choose to rebuild I upgrade the spec list so here it is.

HKS 264 Cams Exhaust and Inlet side

HKS 87mm Oversize Pistons - 3.1L Upgrade

Carrillo Type Rods with ARP L19 Bolts

Kevlar Timing Belt

And all the OEM bits new like oil pump, water pump oil squirters I have most of this from its previous build.

I have also ordered new wheels custom made to fit over my Endless Big Brake Kit.

Wheels: CCW SP16 Hybrid 'Steped Lip'

Finish: Polished barrel and inner

Bolts: ARP Hybrid Bolts 'Neo Chrome' 'they have a flame burnt effect to it'

Front Wheels: 10j - 19'' - 42+ offset - 2'' Lip

Rear Wheels: 11.5j - 19'' - 50+ offset - 3'' Lip

I plan on using Michelin Pilot Sport Cup SP 2 -- 265 - 30 19 tyres on the front and Toyo R888 305 30 19 at the rear.

I am going to be using my original block but with a sump, crank and modine from a none troubled Facelift NA block supplied by Jurgen - all been checked and been sent to see balance.

The Head has already been machined and is ready for re assemble.

Status of project is Block is with Machine shop and they are boring it out for the HKS Pistons.

Body Shop: Car is going to body shop to work on the arches so there is no rubbing and going to raise the car a bit so even when it squats there is no rubbing - Also going to change my side skirts to Blitz and smooth it as well as the back bumper, Going to Shorten the length of my spoiler by an inch and half and modify my front bumper so the Greddy 4 row FMIC gets more air to it.

Here's the wheels I've ordered.

http://www.ccwheel.com/wheels-display-hybrid-v2.php?view=SP16

Nice one Luiz - hopefully everything goes to plan with it!

From looking at your pics as well, I think I'm going to have to order a Top Secret bonnet and paint it but leave the vents carbon! Looks great! :)

Best of luck with it fella. Thought you were sending it to SRD?

The new garage offered a good deal on the work and guarantee so decided to chance it, I also had their top mechanic work my bmw and he did a good job seems to be very careful guy, he will rebuild by the book.

Nice one Luiz - hopefully everything goes to plan with it!

From looking at your pics as well, I think I'm going to have to order a Top Secret bonnet and paint it but leave the vents carbon! Looks great! :)

I am still in two minds of painting the carbon vents black, I think it may look classier, I am looking for a more mature out of factory super car look.

I wouldn't have any other bonnet than the TS they really suit the super car look.

Good luck with everything.

I have to agree with David, I think 19's are a big mistake.

I did a bit of research on supraforums and there are lots of big power guys there using 19's and the tire combination they rate is the Toyo R888 305 30 19 it has as much grip as the 315's but with more comfort because of having more side wall.

With my 11.5'' wheel I could go even wider if needed with arch work will have to wait and see.

In the sizes you've ordered the wheels will they clear UK brakes? Is that CCW supra fitment?

They are CCW custom wheels, I went on their page and took all the meassurements of my endless brakes I have 14.1inches front and 13'' disks in rear 6 and 4 pot big brakes.

Update on the build - My head block and all affiliated internals is at this machine shop getting everything balanced, block milled for my HKS oversized pistons and the head is getting a full professional port and polish on some very expensive equipment, they will also assemble the head there so it will be ready to be dropped onto the block.