The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brazil's Build - Project (Do Luck V1)

Brazil

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woohoo, engine is finally finished and next week it will be making its way to Portugal..!

Tomorrow Chris promised to send me photos with it all finished, these photos were sent to me a few days ago but I only recently noticed they were sent to me.

You will see that in some photos the red on the block has been scrubbed back down but its because Chris decided to give it another once over with a new can of paint.

Here`s more photos of my new forged complete engine, now all it needs is to make its journey to Portugal where there is bling and engine dress waiting for her.

Nice one Luiz :thumbs: must be getting excited now are you?

Alex, its not exactly excited is more desperate that if I dont get this car running soon, I will just chuck it all in..! Its holding back so many other projects this mad mans obsession.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Be patient I'm sure it will be worth it, I can't wait till my car goes in for build.

So the shop ( Ce dois Racing ) where my car is at was closed for a month June to work on a collaboration project in Switzerland; In mid June he returns and I meet him in his shop to open the container with my built engine together, as per his request. During our chat there he tells me he has a week of work on the car max and promises that in mid August the car will be ready since he has a few other cars to tidy up and make space on his lift.

My last communication with him was on July 27 where I ask him if his promise is still standing, he confirms yes and boast that its not even August yet...a few days later on their business facebook page they announce that they are taking 4 weeks and 11 days vacation, I try to get in touch but nothing....!

Very professional, I am very doubtful that the man has any returning customers...! If the car is not finished in September its time to either break it or take it to the 4th shop in Portugal...!

Where abouts are you in Portugal mate. As I'm out here for 10 days in the algarve :)

I stay near Lisbon, but at the moment I am working in Africa...! Algarve is mad in summer, great parties and beaches/bitches...!

mate that is some serious messing around you have gone through , i think i would have given up long ago , keep at it and hope it gets all sorted

Yeah, I guess sometimes its important to learn when to cut your losses and move on..!

How many cars has Jamie built and sold over the period its taken you to get this far?

chin up - you'll get there eventually, far more patience than me :)

Yeah, seems everybody has built a Supra and moved on, some have even had enough time to get bored not use it and sell it...! ilmao

Finding the right workshop in this issue is key!

keep your head up, its not the car thats the problem, just lazy bastards!!

Yes, sooo important, people do your research have proven fact not only just what you see in the garage and what 1 mate said...! Also its good to work with a garage that can afford to pay for a costly mistake if on their part..!

Don't let stupid people around you get you down. Finish that project mate ;)

Thanks Luc, though at the time I am the one that feels stupid for wasting so much time, money and stress I am not getting anything out of this apart from learning to be patient and studying the mechanics of the car. I wish I took longer to decide where to build the car.

Mate I've had my car over two years and driven it for about 4 months on and off, things happen. I have felt like giving up loads of times but what goods that? Stick with it you'll be more than pleased when it's all done!

I understand, but at least you are building it yourself. You are getting something out of it, I dont even see the car I only send checks and pay for parts. I miss having a sports car, I miss not having to spend a fortune every month on something I dont anything out off.

Thank you all for the club support guys, when i get back if the car is not finished I am gong to cut my loses and take the car out of the garage that its at, then i will decide to either break it or take it to another garage.

mate your so close you can almost taste it i bet , all they have to do is put the engine in connect and wire it up , just let them have there holiday and try not to take it personally but when they are back take no sh!t and stand your ground on the phone every other day casing them

Finish the project mate. You've put so much effort in already and you're almost there, you would regret selling/breaking it shortly down the line. Hope it sorts out positively for you.

mate your so close you can almost taste it i bet , all they have to do is put the engine in connect and wire it up , just let them have there holiday and try not to take it personally but when they are back take no sh!t and stand your ground on the phone every other day casing them

Thank you for the encouragement friends...!

Dont give up fella. My supra has been off the road for nearly 3 years whilst ive been saving up to funds to get it fixed up. The amount of times i thought, whilst looking at the supra on the drive, f**k it im going to sell the bloody thing. But ive got to the point now that im determined to do it and see it through.

Dont give up.

Gav

Wouldn't you be better off renting a trailer and a car and taking it to Chris so he can install the engine then hand over to Ryan for the mapping? At least then you know it's been done properly.

That is an option yes..! Though I should of dont it a long time ago..!

Dont give up fella. My supra has been off the road for nearly 3 years whilst ive been saving up to funds to get it fixed up. The amount of times i thought, whilst looking at the supra on the drive, f**k it im going to sell the bloody thing. But ive got to the point now that im determined to do it and see it through.

Dont give up.

Gav

I understand where you coming from, its just feels like I am loosing the battle to have this guy build it, I think it could be time to bite the bullet and get the car out of there. But what is crap is that the car is in bits and you always loose stuff when shifting it about.