The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project: Prowl Update Car SOLD!!!

Geo

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the only thing you cant do is adjust the coilovers when there on the car, they need to come off. So one tip would be make sure you know what ride height you want the car, as its a pain taking them off again. But yeah i'd highly recommend them. :thumbs:

Really? That's odd for coilovers?! Taking them off to adjust the height would be a PITA! Saying that, it shouldn't need doing more than once really! Only if you change the wheels or bodykit. I've been researching and the rubber top mounts are supposed to give a better ride quality too. I may have to get some :D

Thats much better than the saggy pipe you had before, did you have a lot of fluid escape from the old pipe when you removed it?

just a little bit mate, not much. An old rag soaked up most of it. Going to do a coolant change soon enough, picking some coolant up on sat. :D

Excellent, i remember putting my hardpipe on and forgetting the towels, still it gave me a reason to clean the bay :)

Are you going to be doing the bottom hose later?

yeah i'll do the bottom hose once i get some coolant, i'll drain it, then replace pipe. then fill new coolant in. :D

just need a dry day though

yeah i'll do the bottom hose once i get some coolant, i'll drain it, then replace pipe. then fill new coolant in. :D

just need a dry day though

nice mate:) you probably know already but when you do the coolant change theres also a small drain plug towards the rear of the block on the exhaust side, remember to drain that as well:)

nice mate:) you probably know already but when you do the coolant change theres also a small drain plug towards the rear of the block on the exhaust side, remember to drain that as well:)

:thumbs:

Or you can just yank the bottom rad hose off and it should drain everything out, 10ltrs of so....

Well just in after having the car up on the axle stands i thought i had a coolant leak, but after being under the car for 20mins with a torch and it running i can't see any drips or leakage anywhere. which is a result. Only thing i can think of is that when i change the upper rad pipe, coolant has gather in the under tray and when i've parked up, the coolant that was gathered as rolled out one of the holes, and onto the road. As where i parked up we were slightly on a hill.

What i did notice though is a tiny amount of oil at the crank pulley, my guess would be a crank front seal, so im going to get these replaced sooner rather than later, as preventative maintenance is always good practice :D

So all good in the Hood for now, :D

Do you honestly miss the single power mate? or are you happy even more with this setup, i guess you can use it all year on the roads.

TBH bud, i don't. I mean once i go BPU i will be more than happy with that, i can jump in the car, start her, and just go have fun, i do miss my old car yes. But i love the new one much much more. Always said on this one id go full BPU, nice front lip and boot lip with SP3's job done, If something breaks then yes i will upgrade it, but until then its a stock BPU car for me. :D

Not a K&N or other aftermarket filter?

No bud, imo stock air filter is just as good if not better than anything out there. Thats why MrT spent millions on R&D. as above if something breaks i'll look at upgrading it, then decide whether stock or uprated is better? :D

I bought a k&n panel filter for the oem box and 100% had much quicker response with the k&n in over the oem panel filter

only paid 30 quid as well for the bay

The only way you'd know is by a dyno on back to back runs, and swapping over filters bud. See the results. Until then its stock parts until i decide uprated parts are needed. :D