The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project: Prowl Update Car SOLD!!!

Geo

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as Ian said, we got the fronts done, but we left the rears until tomorrow. We had TDR's guide to go buy and it made life alot easier. We started off on the knackered side which took us 3hrs, we were faffing about etc. The Driver side took 40mins, all done with hand tools and brute force, :D We had no sheered nuts, the drop links came off real easy(i thought they were going to be a real pain to get off). Few pics from today Will get some good pics of us doing the rear shocks tomorrow. :D

Well as Ian said, we got the fronts done, but we left the rears until tomorrow. We had TDR's guide to go buy and it made life alot easier. We started off on the knackered side which took us 3hrs, we were faffing about etc. The Driver side took 40mins, all done with hand tools and brute force, :D We had no sheered nuts, the drop links came off real easy(i thought they were going to be a real pain to get off). Few pics from today Will get some good pics of us doing the rear shocks tomorrow. :D

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/Thomson77/1B97BF62-8860-4E5B-912B-0296D598F78C-9758-00000559CBEC0ACF.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/Thomson77/42E354A9-626D-42CF-A2A5-310ADCF3885A-9758-00000559D22DDA55.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/Thomson77/79D08685-11C6-481F-819D-C30CB6276291-9758-000005595EAA5D3B.jpg

Lookin good bud i'll be over once i get my plugs fitted. Gaz is goin to be burnt stupid changing them ill need to drive off boost over there :D

Nice work! Can't wait to get round to getting coilovers on mine!

make so much difference mate, we took her for a spin today, totally different with the way she drove could feel it right away.

The stance will look awesome! - I think it will look so good the way it is with the stock rims :)

wait till the new ones go on, :drool: stance

Lookin good bud i'll be over once i get my plugs fitted. Gaz is goin to be burnt stupid changing them ill need to drive off boost over there :D

Cool buddy, we either should be at mine, or my brothers(if its raining as he has a double garage, more room and right round corner from mine) MInd ask Gaz if he can change crews for better ones?

Gotta love Jurgen, that wheel well is amazingly clean, proper credit to the club

Defo mate, spotless under there. Both myself and Ian loved working on it, clean as a whistle. :D

Cool buddy, we either should be at mine, or my brothers(if its raining as he has a double garage, more room and right round corner from mine) MInd ask Gaz if he can change crews for better ones?

Yeah ill do that mate got new ones ordered but they wont be here till next friday from toyota so ill get them in next week.

Car looks amazing mate, love white supra's has to be the best colour bar none. And yours looks spotless even under that arch, could be a new car!

One question though? When I looked at this on jm's website I noticed it has the smaller 2 pots brakes when its a facelift? I was under the impression all facelifts came with larger 4 pots?

Car looks amazing mate, love white supra's has to be the best colour bar none. And yours looks spotless even under that arch, could be a new car!

One question though? When I looked at this on jm's website I noticed it has the smaller 2 pots brakes when its a facelift? I was under the impression all facelifts came with larger 4 pots?

standard fit bud according to the model chart RZ-S on here, no probs though there getting binned, and big brakes will go on, :D

Cannot go wrong with a white supra and carbon! Definitely swap the head lights to proper facelifts though, only thing that lets it down IMO!

thats the plan mate, nearly had the carbon lip off you tbh, but im waiting for pay day first. :D

Well you learn somthing new everyday. What big brakes you going for? UK's or somthing a little more bling?

Had UK's on the last one mate, so might go a different route, fancy the D2's if im honest :D

Very nice car mate well done..

cheers mate :D

Looking good Geo - glad the guide is proving useful. Love the laptop on roof for reference pic :D

Stick any thoughts on the suspension change in the how to thread - those look a slightly different model of HSD's going by the colour scheme.

Your suspension may have been off before if the drop links were easy - they've been a PITA on most Toyota's we've worked on.

Rears are a piece of piss by comparison so should be a nice finish for you guys :)

Looking good Geo - glad the guide is proving useful. Love the laptop on roof for reference pic :D

Stick any thoughts on the suspension change in the how to thread - those look a slightly different model of HSD's going by the colour scheme.

Your suspension may have been off before if the drop links were easy - they've been a PITA on most Toyota's we've worked on.

Rears are a piece of piss by comparison so should be a nice finish for you guys :)

cool mate, yeah we'll get myself and Ian to update it, there were a few things we had to do in order to get the old coilovers out, but other than that, it was pretty straight forward bud. We did use lots of wd40 and brute force, and a bit of swearing, lol

With the drop link nut, we used your method but we used a hammer to tap the spanner to crack the nut off, once cracked we did it by hand. :D

Doing the rears in 30mins. :D