The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project: Prowl Update Car SOLD!!!

Geo

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving the DC5 seats Geo, they look awesome! I would love a pair of red recaro's off a 30th anniversary ep3 :)

cheers mate, what the difference in those seats then?

Nice seats those mate!:cool:

They are lush mate, defo worth the wait for them. :D

Lovely seats dude, rare as a my misses getting her purse out! Where did you get them? I am pondering some red Recaros rather than trim my supra recaros.....

My friend has a project s15 V8 going as a drift car, he bought them but decided using the seats, so i bought them and he bought another set. :D Pure luck i got them. :D there is a set on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=DC5+seats&_sacat=0&_from=R40 but there silly money and pretty scabby

oh was going to ask what was so bad about the single setup compared to BPU? your first hand experience would be good.

Planning on what to do myself as i'm still looking for a supra after i missed this one, i wanted to run a small GT30 or GT35 single as it gave me chance to develop my own single kits but wanted to know the downsides you felt. Would want the start up and drive setup like you said yourself over something extremely temperamental.

Many thanks

Tim :)

ah i hate you lol

i was 1 email away from putting a deposit down on this car. by the time jurgen answered me back i had left for work. on my return it was sold :(

Tim :(

Sorry bud, i was keeping an eye on this car for a while, and had the cash waiting to pay in one go. So snapped it up. :)

oh was going to ask what was so bad about the single setup compared to BPU? your first hand experience would be good.

Planning on what to do myself as i'm still looking for a supra after i missed this one, i wanted to run a small GT30 or GT35 single as it gave me chance to develop my own single kits but wanted to know the downsides you felt. Would want the start up and drive setup like you said yourself over something extremely temperamental.

Many thanks

As much as i loved my single for being a pure animal, i did have a small hate for it. One being due to driving it in and about town. The clutch i had was horrible, it was either on or off, as biting point it was as if it was falling out the box, and had the tin can full of nuts and bolts sound to it. For a stock feeling clutch it was mega money carbon triple. Once you got past that, the boost was crazy when it came on line, very very linear compared to BPU twins.

More so going single is alot of money(you need to do it right imo), and when you finish your build, you get used to the car very quickly and want more power, for the money i sunk into the car, i could have had a GTR. or a dam good deposit to put down on one. I love my new car, for being just a normal car, jump in, drive off with it being stock, and non BPU just now.

This car will be so different, it will be BPU, nice rims, couple carbon parts job done. So i can enjoy it, if it breaks i'll replace, no big repair bill if it was a single setup.

All in all, i loved both my cars for different reasons, but you can't beat practicability with power to suit it. :D

oh i had the money ready i was just emailing him back and forth but was quite late at night. i sent 1 email about the suspension and then was going to give him the deposit to secure it and go collect the car. but i didn't get a reply that night, although he replied first thing in the morning, but i had gone to work by then and by the time i got in from work you'd bought it :( lol Ah well i'll keep looking around.

With the single I wanted to build something myself, i tune most Toyota anyway and the supra was going to be an education for me with ideals of getting into the market in the future. But i was unsure what you meant about the single being bad. I hadn't planned on huge power anyway just a nice 500-550 with something small like a gt3582r on a cast manifold setup, ceramic coat everything and go for reliability for a fast road, street setup but only used as a weekend toy. Most of the cars I've built or done for people i try to go towards the modifications being a "optional Toyota extra" appearance and feel, something that if toyota had offered it as a performance package. No rattles or bits hanging off with high quality parts and fabrication. Its hard to say what i mean without breeching the trader rules on the forum, but hopefully you can see I'm not looking to be building it with slapped on ebay parts.

Right so as my flywheel is shot, i've ordered a stock OEM one form Toyota for £439. I did loads of digging and actually found the flywheel cheaper else where, but with shipping and tax, it works out about £15 cheaper than toyota. But with peace of mind and being local if anything goes wrong i can return it. So i've gone with the toyota flywheel. I pick it up tomorrow and get it fitted either on Sat, or on Monday.

Flywheel Part Number 13450-0W011 £439

If you need a lift home sat from GI Motorsport I'm around bud. Cars getting mot at 10am so if its before or after 11:30 I can collect you if you need it mate.

cool. :D

so is it confirmed the flywheel is shot now or still a guess? can you post up pictures of whats failed once you get it out

Im 99.9% sure its the flywheel matey, i'll get some pics and a video of the gubbed one. :D

great interesting to see what failed. Although you are putting my mind at ease about missing this car with the few issues you've been having

All cars will have issue's bud, Jurgen has been great in dealing with them, no complaints from me. My last car had a good few issue's also, but TBH i dont mind its all part of modding. :)

There was always an Issue with this noise, been loads of threads over the years. tbh everyone thought it was just part of a noisey getrag, imo thats wrong a stuffed flywheel is the culprit

great interesting to see what failed. Although you are putting my mind at ease about missing this car with the few issues you've been having

i dont think he minds too much tbh, hes got new coilovers and new clutch, new engine mounts , new gearbox mount out of it all paid by me.

free labour from us and i have now paid half for his flywheel ;-) but it makes sense to fit over in scotland as we are 99.9% sure its this..

its just one of those things i would rather customer car was right and geos been a previous customer and very loyal to us - (this car in particuar has not been profitable for us but we look at it over the full year).

All cars will have issue's bud, Jurgen has been great in dealing with them, no complaints from me. My last car had a good few issue's also, but TBH i dont mind its all part of modding. :)

There was always an Issue with this noise, been loads of threads over the years. tbh everyone thought it was just part of a noisey getrag, imo thats wrong a stuffed flywheel is the culprit

:thumbs:

It's important that people remember that these aren't brand new cars, and therefore many will have minor issues.

i dont think he minds too much tbh, hes got new coilovers and new clutch, new engine mounts , new gearbox mount out of it all paid by me.

free labour from us and i have now paid half for his flywheel ;-) but it makes sense to fit over in scotland as we are 99.9% sure its this..

its just one of those things i would rather customer car was right and geos been a previous customer and very loyal to us - (this car in particuar has not been profitable for us but we look at it over the full year).

This is why you do well mate, thinking about the bigger picture and the long term, not trying to make a quick £ like many importers.

:thumbs:

It's important that people remember that these aren't brand new cars, and therefore many will have minor issues.

This is why you do well mate, thinking about the bigger picture and the long term, not trying to make a quick £ like many importers.

appreicate it ;-) and the saying mate some you win some you dont but bigger picture is more important..

Dont mind at all, And this is why I got another car from you bud. 2 cars in 7 years says a lot. and you always answer phone calls. And questions I have. And have delt with all my little niggles quickly.

I'll say it again, no complaints and a happy customer. I would always go to jurgen for an imported car. Simple as that.

I'm positive it's the flywheel. I'll bet one of my cheat days on it. I'm that confident. Lol.

Just wait till you see the updates I have planned for this car. And you'll see it been a great buy. I didn't buy this car to drive like miss daisy. I bought it to nail the life out of it. :) things will break and I'll upgrade them. Simple!

oh no dig on my behalf, jurgen seems to have handled things perfectly and stood by his sale. this is why i'll be 99.9% buying my supra from him.

and i totally understand there not new cars and all part of modding. I run a tuning company so your preaching to the quire lol. I'm getting my supra to get an education for the business so first thing i'll be doing once its outside any warrante offered is drop the engine out and find my own was of working on the car. Done this with everycar i've ever had is strip it and rebuild it before doing anything on a customers car of the same make.

but good to see this evolve, you seem to have the same ethos regarding cars as me geo :)

We can sort you nice car mate.. ;-)

with geos car before it left we knew there was an issue suspension issue and rattly clutch was there..

so no pulling fast ones for new coilovers lol'' (just kidding).

i know you can :) thats why i keep looking at your website. not in any rush so just saving and looking for the right one. I'm sure we will be fine but any issues i have a fully stocked workshop to do the work so you don't have to worry about any labour charges :) I'll consider it part of my car education lol