The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project: Prowl Update Car SOLD!!!

Geo

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really nice looking motor this. nice to see lots of love going into it.

cheers bud, will be contacting you soon for some goodies. :D

I need to try a stock airbox!

Cool mate, IMO on a stock BPU car it works a treat. :D

Pic from Yesterdays meet, stolen from Ian W :)

slammed :cool:

Slammed with an Aggressive offset of SP3's :eyebrows:

Do it have J specs mate...I thought it had uk brakes for some reason!?

What was this moment!?:confused:

Na mate, comes with the Jpsecs as per the Model Chart Standard fit, no worries though as will be going big brake eventually. :D

Lets just say i followed Marcus, he made it, i had to dive for cover, with the good old Jspec brakes all locking up, and a Rabbit in the headlight look, from the on coming Driver of a car. :rlol:

Old oil Drained

Old dirty black Oil

My tool for getting one Stubborn Filter off Grrrrrrr SAND PAPER

This was as tight as Ross C's butt on a Saturday night, NIGHTMARE to get off. The hulk Arm's won in the End. :D BOOM!

Lexus V8 Oil Filter Hold more oil

Fresh New Titan Pro S oil. :D

Ready for Oil

Fresh new Ooil for the Beast.

Ran car, for 5mins, checked for leaks, all good. Took it a test drive to get the Pump circulating the Oil, all good. Will check oil level later, to give it time to settle, and will top up accordingly. At present it took 5.5ltrs, but with the new filter it will take a little more. :D

JOB DONE!!

Nice update mate!:)

What BOV is that with the twin trumpets!?

one of hodges special ones, :rlol: its coming off as i dont like it and going back to him. So im looking for the stock piping that leads to the BOV. :D

You'll never have done that with your limp wrists, who did you get to do it for you? :innocent: :D

all me, had trouble getting my huge arm in to get some leverage on the sucker. so its nice and snugged up, so it will come of first time. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Little update -

So i've been having a small problem with a noise coming from the Gearbox area. Went down to Jurgen's today to get it sorted. So i arrived and Jurgen's about 9.20am i had left at 6am. :( Jurgen had waiting, a Gearbox, new oem clutch, new oem gearbox mount and a prop. So the lads set about taking things apart, and getting to the route of the problem. They fitted, gearbox, new clutch, mount, and my Old prop as the other one was a different size. So took the car for a test and all was good. Half way home the noise appeared again, in the same area. Only thing it can be is a duff Prop. So the weeman is sending me a prop that i'll fit, and test. :D

I must thank Jurgen for all his after sales contact, he has been great to deal with, top bloke imo. :D All the little niggles with the car were swiftly sorted. And or getting sorted.

Some pics from today

prop, exhaust out

Where the prop meets the gear box

Other Gearbox

The ingenious method of locking the Crank, :cool:

Clutch

Old stock seats out, new ones in. Well for 24hrs at least, as the blue ones are going in tomorrow. These seats will be for sale, but someone has first refusal on them.

Edited by Geo (see edit history)

Those look very good :thumbs: how are they for comfort? My stock leather ones give me a bad back after a while

There great mate, so comfy. I had the DC2 Red recaros in the last one, and i wanted the blue for the white supra. Due to them being so dam nice and comfy :D

Very smart! Love the colour. :)

Weird question, but how did you fit the seat belt receivers onto the subframes? Any pics?

They are STOCK OEM ones mate, so they came with the frames. I bought a set of Stock Supra recaro's and swapped the rails onto the blue seats. :D

Those seats are sexy!

Did you use oil flush? or just straight to the new stuff?

Oil flush? what do you mean bud?

Engine flush mate, pop it in with the oil run a few mins then drain.

ah right no mate, just drained and new stuff in. Once winter is over i will do an engine flush. TBH i forgot to do it this time around. :(

So after putting the seats in, i took her for a drive to make sure the seats were alright and of course to test them. Pulled back into the drive and i had STEAM peeing out the bonnet. :blink: WTF?

So i've been under the car for a while now trying to trace the problem. i could here the coolant being sizzled on the turbos, turns out i had a coolant leak that had popped off, no idea how it came off, popped it back on, and all is good in the hood. :D