The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project: Prowl Update Car SOLD!!!

Geo

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember where exactly but you need to put some liquid gasket on the cam covers as well when re-fitting them

as per the manual you do, but i checked with LeeP and its ok just to use the gasket. I've cleaned it all up, so if it leaks i know where and will use sealant. Until then its aint coming off anytime soon. :D

I see you still got the Japan ETC card installed..

The lady was telling you the date today..lol.

hahhaha yeah, TBH im getting used to her, and the 7'' dvd/cd player works fine except the radio as its on a totally different frequency i'll replace it, it due time. :D

Nice Geo. Good to see everything is working fine again. ;)

Yeah all good mate, running sweet. Just the gearbox to fix, booked into Jurgen for 12th Oct now. Its driving me mad now. :rlol:

hahhaha yeah, TBH im getting used to her, and the 7'' dvd/cd player works fine except the radio as its on a totally different frequency i'll replace it, it due time. :D

You should be able to pick up a cheap frequency band expander from eBay that will solve the radio problem. Simple to install as well. :)

You should be able to pick up a cheap frequency band expander from eBay that will solve the radio problem. Simple to install as well. :)

I'll just bin it mate, the one thats installed is pretty much old as they come. lol

I said...

WHICH SINGLE KIT ARE YOU GOING FOR?? ;)

By the time i go single, IF I GO SINGLE there will loads of new kits and turbo's so who knows??

As i start to Replace things i'll keep a Record of all Part Numbers and Price i got them at time of Purchase -

Part Numbers -

Cam cover bolts 90105-06166 (You'll need 12)

Cam cover nut 90179-06288 (You'll need 4)

Cam cover washer 90210-07001 (You'll need 16)

Cam cover gasket (Inlet) 11213-46020

Cam cover gasket (Exhaust) 11214-46011

Coil pack clip 90980-11246 6 off

Cam breather hose 12263-46010 1 off

Cam breather hose 12264-46010 1 off

Sealant - For Oil Pan/Cam Shaft sealing Toyota's Black FIPG old part number was 00295-00102,

but was superseded by new part number 00295-00103

Plugs - NGK - Iridium - BKR6EIX or BKR7EIX - leave gap alone

Fuel Filter - 23300-49195

Upper Rad Pipe OEM - 16571-46150, 2xclips 90467-37005

Serpintine Belt - 90916-02310

O2 sensor(4 wire) DOX-0228

Any chance of you adding the prices Geo?

cheers

Mike

How are you getting on with the suspension mate? I've been checking them out and yours look like the Dualtech coilovers, not the Monopros, which is why they're not green. The main different seems to be they don't have the pillow ball top mounts, just wondering what your thoughts are regarding the ride quality and adjustability?

How are you getting on with the suspension mate? I've been checking them out and yours look like the Dualtech coilovers, not the Monopros, which is why they're not green. The main different seems to be they don't have the pillow ball top mounts, just wondering what your thoughts are regarding the ride quality and adjustability?

Well the ride quality is great mate, love them. We were out for a meet today in Glasgow and we went into town it handled Glasgow pretty well :D Not had a chance to really chuck her into corners i'll do that after i get a Geo done on the car.

Yeah the only thing you cant do is adjust the coilovers when there on the car, they need to come off. So one tip would be make sure you know what ride height you want the car, as its a pain taking them off again. But yeah i'd highly recommend them. :thumbs: