drift_bear

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent progress.

After all we are as far as anyone knows only here once, so glad to see your doing what you enjoy.

You could well of always regretted it else.

Look forward to the developments ;)

Cheers bud, I've had the twins sitting for so long! Every time I'm ready to fit them something comes up and takes my money instead lol

• 1 month later...

Popped down to the unit today to grab a few things and also thought I would grab a few pics. Seeing the car on the state it is makes me want to pull my finger out and get a move on :( Once I've settled into the new place then I can see what money I have spare to play with!

I made a start to the list of parts I'll be ordering in the next couple of weeks for the engine build

ARP Head stud kit

ARP Main stud kit

ARP Conrod bolt kit

CP Pistons (86.5mm)

King racing main bearing set

King racing thrust washer set

King racing conrod bearing set

Carrilo H beam rods

Brian Crowler Valve spring set (1mm oversized)

Brian Crowler valve spring and retainer set

OEM Gasket kit

So will be a fully built engine now to run the turbos to there full potential :eyebrows: anyway here's some pics lol.....

I'm hoping to get started on the prep and hoping I can paint the engine bay at last next week, I'm also hoping the colour combo will be worth the gamble :eyebrows: I've ordered a new rear spoiler (something different than normal) and I am awaiting that from the U.S in the next couple of weeks. Also going to be re-furning my brakes and awaiting my bbs LM's to make an appearance and test fit them!

Once I get all the new parts I am waiting on then I will update with more pics :)

• 4 weeks later...

So here's the test patch with colour for the supra engine bay. It will be broken up even more by a purple dress up kit and various polished parts, so looks like the gamble is going to pay off! Now just need to take it back and prep the engine bay proper!

This is the dress up kit I am going for

I've also went and ordered up all the engine build stuff, so hopefully get it all next week :D here's a list of what was bought

ARP Head stud kit

ARP Main stud kit

ARP Conrod bolt kit

CP Pistons (86.5mm)

King racing main bearing set

King racing thrust washer set

King racing conrod bearing set

Carrilo H beam rods

Brian Crowler Valve spring set (1mm oversized)

Brian Crowler valve spring and retainer set

I've also finally received my new rear spoiler, so will reveal that next week along with the other parts! So until then, here's a couple of pics of how the car is sitting just now :hide:

Never been a fan of the low spoilers but looks alright to be fair mate and its your car so who cares if others dont like it B-) .

/QUOTE]

When have you ever known me to care what others think haha

Nice progress. Bold choices in the colour scheme in the bay :)

Love the pikachu plush :D

Haha if the colour scheme doesn't work then I'll just repaint the bay lol.

Haha pikachu came from the offic shop in Tokyo!

A Purple and carbon theme?

I think the a carbon garnish on the pods would set the rear off nicely. The wing isn't offensive, I think it suites the car :)

At the end of the day, your car is a nicely modified example of a Supra. Purists won't be happy, but so what. Each to their own :thumbs:

I'm actually gonna go for a purple/gold/Carbon look lol, want something different to stand out with.

Thanks buddy :) nice to hear good things about the car after spending so long building it and going through so much different styles

To date this is probably the best Supra you've built.

The colour choice of the Supra is spot on. If I had to pick a fault it be the ducktail spoiler. I rather prefer the Do Luck, TRD, OEM and even big gay wing. Never been a fan of the ducktail but saying that you are the only Supra I've seen using it so it will stick out which is your goal :)

Yeah I really need to go over Japan :( My cousin in Hong Kong goes there every two months for holiday, there flight is cheap. I guess its like us visiting a country in Europe.

To date this is probably the best Supra you've built.

The colour choice of the Supra is spot on. If I had to pick a fault it be the ducktail spoiler. I rather prefer the Do Luck, TRD, OEM and even big gay wing. Never been a fan of the ducktail but saying that you are the only Supra I've seen using it so it will stick out which is your goal :)

Yeah I really need to go over Japan :( My cousin in Hong Kong goes there every two months for holiday, there flight is cheap. I guess its like us visiting a country in Europe.

Tbh i test fitted the do-luck spoiler today as well and it just didn't look right, I much preferred the ducktail. I love the TRD and how the car looked with it on, but I wanted something different and like I said to stand out. The only thing now is I need to pick the correct wheels to go with the car now lol.

I wasn't a fan of a low level spoiler until I seen a midnight purple supra with a ducktail spoiler, that sold it for me! Out of all the looks my supra has had over the years, this is my favourite for sure!

Fair play, but I am sure the end product will be good :)

Wheels, that is a hard thing to choose especially there's so much to choose from.

Took me 4 years to choose my wheels and be be fair also to justify to myself it was worth the investment lol

Haha I have BBS LM's from the get but they won't fit sadly so will sell them. I'm ideally looking at TE37's or GTC's...but not holding my breath lol