The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drift Bears Project Zeus

drift_bear

So today we went back to basics and checked every connection, fuse and anything else we could to find out why it's not powering up! Luckily we found the answer and we have power again and she's cranking in to life!! Sadly still no fire up yet so will be speaking to Romain and hopefully get him to remotely check the syvecs and see what he can see/do to get the bastard started!

Got the bootlid back tonight as well, I love how it looks now with the rocket bunny wing!

I am also awaiting my custom mats for the car from Callaway motorsports

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So today has been the day that all those long hours, the spilt blood and the sweating have been leading to! I honestly never thought this day would come after all the set backs with parts and the limited time off I had at work. I always knew this wasn't going to be a quick job and always said I would take my time and make sure everything was 100% before the key was turned for the first time!

Today is that day....the day I got to hear the mighty 2JZ growl back to life after over 6 months in hibernation! I honestly couldn't have done this without the help of a few good friends that have gave hours of their own time to just help me get to this point!

A massive thanks goes to keith for all his help in removing, stripping back, checking everything with me and helping start the install again! A big thanks goes to Michael for helping prep and paint the engine bay taking it from the boring silver to the stunning gold colour it is now! The biggest and up most respect goes to Romain! He has honestly worked miracles today and finally got the car running!! :nana: :nana: :nana:

I may have thrown my toys out the pram a few times and listed the car for sale various times in various stages but a special thanks goes out to the people that have kept me together and talked sense into me! If it wasn't for a lot of good friends and most importantly my folks then I wouldn't have kept going!

Also want to say 1 last thanks to Paul and Lee, if it wasn't for these guys supplying me parts quick then it would have definitely take longer.

Long journey mate, you are nearly there now! I guess the breaking thread isn't going ahead then :D

As a side note, where did you get your Japanese show plates from?

Yeah it's been a hell of a journey! 10 months nearly to the day since it was last fired up lol.

I got the plates from eBay, I prefer these for shows and etc

Yeah it's been a hell of a journey! 10 months nearly to the day since it was last fired up lol.

I got the plates from eBay, I prefer these for shows and etc

Wow, nice knowing it's all pretty much done though. Just in time for the tail end of summer.

Were the eBay plates custom made? Do you have a link you could pop up?

Wow, nice knowing it's all pretty much done though. Just in time for the tail end of summer.

Were the eBay plates custom made? Do you have a link you could pop up?

It needs an mot and I usually take the car off the road in September anyway, so no point in getting a fresh one put on for a few weeks. I'll just focus on getting the car running 100% so it's ready for next year :)

I will go through the emails and find it for you, they aren't custom made and you can pick what ones you want

It needs an mot and I usually take the car off the road in September anyway, so no point in getting a fresh one put on for a few weeks. I'll just focus on getting the car running 100% so it's ready for next year :)

Are you getting on a RR so we can at least see her run?

I will go through the emails and find it for you, they aren't custom made and you can pick what ones you want

That would be spot on, cheers :thumbs:

So glad to see this up and running Alex. Can't wait to see it at some point next Summer. Definitely get a vid up of it when you dyno. Liking the Rocket Bunny :cool:

You're not the only one adam haha, hoping to get out and do as much shows as I can and even dragonball next year! I'm looking forward to seeing people reactions to the rocket bunny spoiler, it's very marmite to some people as they are purists when it comes to Supra's lol, they prefer either a stock wing or trd..

You're not the only one adam haha, hoping to get out and do as much shows as I can and even dragonball next year! I'm looking forward to seeing people reactions to the rocket bunny spoiler, it's very marmite to some people as they are purists when it comes to Supra's lol, they prefer either a stock wing or trd..

If it looks good it looks good. People need to stop moaning about it. Spoilerless is another one :rolleyes:

I always have to laugh at guys moaning about having to have a trd or stock spoiler,

And the rest of the car looks absolute trash, like in the worst bloody bodykit and bumpers :taped:

But it's very good to see your car running again mate..

If it looks good it looks good. People need to stop moaning about it. Spoilerless is another one :rolleyes:

I always have to laugh at guys moaning about having to have a trd or stock spoiler,

And the rest of the car looks absolute trash, like in the worst bloody bodykit and bumpers :taped:

But it's very good to see your car running again mate..

Haha when have you ever known me to follow the heard haha, I was tempted to put the do-luck wing back on to really wind the pursuits up :rlol:

Your mats arrived today, will be heading out the garage and give them a look :)

Took delivery today of my new mats from Callaway motorsport, they are brilliant and will finish the inside perfect

Should get the front bumper back next week and will be sorting out the teething issues next weekend. Fingers crossed I will have a finished and 100% back together car and get some updated pics of the outcome :)

i suppose you can look at it like this, Neons are for the younger lads, carbon wings 30 somethings and auto boxes 55 +

Does that make me young then :rlol: I'll take that!

to the OP, im glad to see your mojo is back and your moving forward with it..... lots of hard work and its paying off

Yeah once I heard it firing up after everything it really did get the love back for the car. It's been 10 months and the last 3/4 months felt like I was pissing against the wind with the set backs, combine that with missing show season I just had enough and wanted to cut my loses. I'm honestly so glad I stuck to it and should be finished at last in a couple of weeks :)