Drift Bears Project Zeus

drift_bear

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm actually gonna go for a purple/gold/Carbon look lol, want something different to stand out with.

Thanks buddy :) nice to hear good things about the car after spending so long building it and going through so much different styles

Going to look rather tasty, definitely different to the other guises and my favourite one so far. OEM with a psychedelic twist :D

Going to look rather tasty, definitely different to the other guises and my favourite one so far. OEM with a psychedelic twist :D

Haha yeah I like to be different with the supra, it should draw in the crowds that's for sure haha.

Where did you source it from?

Just had a proper catch-up its looking well!

Cheers Adam :) I got it from a guy in the Dominican Republic that makes carbon and fibreglass parts for everything from supra's to Silvia and other cars!

Got a nice delivery today of parts for the engine build, now it's starting to get serious :rlol:

ARP Head stud kit

ARP Main stud kit

CP Pistons (86.5mm)

King racing main bearing set

King racing thrust washer set

King racing conrod bearing set

Carrilo H beam rods

Brian Crowler Valve spring set (1mm oversized)

Brian Crowler valve spring and retainer set

Also dusted off the polished manifold and grabbed a couple of pics of everything together :)

Hopefully get round to finishing prepping and painting the engine bay in the next couple of weeks, also need to drop the boot lid and front bumper off back to the body shop in the next couple of weeks as well. Things are starting to take shape now :D

Just need to get a few more things and then it's time to start putting it back together!

• New clutch

• New wheels and tyres

• New coilovers

• Brake refurb

• Oem gasket set

• Rear gearbox seal

• New oem crank pulley

• New radiator

• New FMIC (4" core)

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get the car prepped and the engine bay primed ready for getting some colour next weekend.

Also decided to spray the scuttle, where the wiper motor sits and the front bumper support satin black

Should get back down to the unit midweek/next week and get the colour finally down!

Went to check on the engine bay and how it came out after letting it harden and etc, can safely say it looks great!!

Also made the final test fit for the spoiler before i take the boot lid to the body shop

Also stated putting the scuttle back on and wipers back in

Another quick shot before locking up tonight haha

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update...

Managed to source wheels for the car at last, I went with rota grid drifts in the following specs/sizes

19"x9.5j ET38

19"x10.5j ET20

I also managed to order the last few things and they all arrived today apart from the clutch that should be here by the end of the week.

• Full OEM gasket kit

• Gates racing timing belt

• Gates aux belt (no air con)

• OEM oil filter

• Manifold studs and bolts

For the clutch I went with a HKS LA as recommended by a few people and on here, can't wait to feel how this is compared to my last spec 1!

I am aiming to start putting everything back together from tomorrow onwards and hoping (if it all goes to plan) to have it all back in by the weekend and hopefully get the bootlid away as well to get welded up and the new rocket bunny spoiler fitted!

As some of you know I am not building the engine at the moment for the simple reason is I don't need to for the power goal I am aiming for, I plan of redoing the full subframe and bushes this winter coming, so will get it done then regardless.

Anyway, here's some pics....