The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drift Bears Project Zeus

drift_bear

So people are wondering why we never got round to fitting the engine and gearbox last weekend...the simple answer is because I am a dick and made a simple mistake that cost me :( when we removed my old clutch I set it aside and then sold it....but I forgot to take off the release hub :rolleyes:

I managed to grab everything I needed from paul and i received everything today, super quick service as always :thumbs:

Hoping to get a hand this Sunday but it's all down to how busy Michael (Grasmt) is and put it finally back together. If he's busy then it will be just me and the trusty workshop manuals to get everything back in :)

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So had some free time today from work so went up to the garage and done a bit more on the car. Got the flywheel all mated up and the clutch all assembled, then set about to getting this box back together and attached to the engine..

Also made a start to cleaning up the exhaust..

If all goes to plan tomorrow there might be something back in this gap :D

Got another delivery yesterday, big thanks to Lee again for sorting these all out last minute!

• 4" FMIC

• Moshimoto radiator

• Hks ssqv dump valve

If all goes to plan I should get the engine and box back in on Sunday :) so should have some good updates then if it all works out

Finally got the clutch tightened up! Going through the inspection hatch isn't the easiest of jobs :rlol: Also managed to get the starter motor and inspection hatches back on, gearbox selector bracket also fitted back on! Just leaves the engine and gearbox nearly back in but couldn't get the engine on the mounts, so called it a day for just now!

Will let the pictures do the talking :)

imageimage

Also grabbed an "arty" shot for something different lol

• 2 weeks later...

So was a pretty productive day working on the car today, managed to get the engine and box finally back in on the mounts. Got the rear down pipe on the back turbo and it was VERY tight! We also managed to sort out a lot of the wiring and get the starter motor back on, sadly we hit a snag (as per usual) where 2 of the fittings on the hoses for the oil filter relocation have cracked/broken, so need to order up some more. Managed to also change the fuel pumps over and couldn't believe the size difference! The bigger pump in the pictures is the Bosch 044 and the smaller is a walbro 485.

On the plus side it's nearly there!

• 2 weeks later...

Had a few mins so thought would finish mocking up the front end! Can't really do much this weekend as I'm giving my mum a break from looking after my old man after his operation. Starts to look more like a car now [emoji23]

Also got my new -AN10 fittings on Friday, so will get them on the braided line and can hopefully get my oil cooler and filter relocation kit back on

Looking great Alex :) coming together nicely now :)

Cheers dude! Slowly getting there still lol

If you spent as much time putting on nuts and bolts as you do taking pictures of the car you'd have it back together by now ! lol :p

Haha waiting for my new tools to arrive to get all those lines done in time for you coming back to help :p

Fantastic project looks great, i wish i had the money and mechanical knowledge to something like this. Great job keep up the good work.

Cheers buddy :) I honestly couldn't of done this without the help of the man above! Keith has helped me so much it's unreal!

Looks amazing. Just make sure you bloody finish it and stop contemplating selling it! Every time i see you mention selling it a small piece of me dies.

On another note though where did you get the AN fittings from? I need some -12s

Haha I know I'm just worried now once it's all back together I'll hardly use it and just want something else. I get more fun doing the changes/building by the looks of it lol.

I got them from a company on eBay, I'll Facebook you the details and see if they have for you dude :)

Haha waiting for my new tools to arrive to get all those lines done in time for you coming back to help :p

we like new tools !!! you know I'm only pulling your leg !! think its best we deal with those oil lines before the downpipes get tightened up anyway !!

• 1 month later...

Not updated this for a while yet due to not having the time. I'm now off on holiday until the start of July so it should be finished shortly :) from what I can remember all that's left to do is

• Oil filter relocation

• Oil cooler refitted

• Intake manifold

• Oil drain pipe modified to clear alternator

• Prop on

• Exhaust on

• Bootlid welded/painted and spoiler on

• Radiator refitted

FMIC refitted

• Bumper trimmed for FMIC pipework

• Mapping

I have managed to secure my mapping with Romain thankfully! It will be getting mapped on the 5th July down at TDI...yes it will be a mission but it should (ideally) be worth it!

Hopefully have some updates shortly and some new pictures of the progress :)