Drift Bears Project Zeus

drift_bear

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

alex, wow that car is beautiful! can't wait to see it in the flesh...hopefully at a mini supra meet as I've began my hunt properly now for one!

Hey dude, cheers dude :) we have some nice supra's up here so was hard trying to make it stand out enough lol. You having much luck at all? Come along in the silvia next time, i still have a soft spot for them haha

• 3 weeks later...

Got linked to this video from the show i was at the other month, i'm shocked but also happy that the supra even got featured in it :yahoo:

You can see the standard of cars in this video and why its called "cleanfest", majority of the cars were immaculate and really head turning!

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent to see you managed to be represented in the video.

I got to be honest though after watching the video I hate that extreme wheel slammed bent over look.

Just looks bloody dangerous in my opinion.

Great choice on the colour of your car to, one of my favourite colours purple ;)

Excellent to see you managed to be represented in the video.

I got to be honest though after watching the video I hate that extreme wheel slammed bent over look.

Just looks bloody dangerous in my opinion.

Great choice on the colour of your car to, one of my favourite colours purple ;)

Yeah it is bad when airbags and expensive wheels on a car win nearly all the shows these days. Hopefully it's just a phase and it gets passed before its to late! There were a few cars there that weren't like that (the supra's and a couple of S15's), but I would say 90% were!

The colour I am actually still getting used to, every time I see it and the sun hits it (or even at night in the street lights) I can't believe how nice it is! I can safely say I made the right choice :D

• 1 month later...

Nothing really major to report for updates, just enjoying it since the weather is nice and before it comes off the road at the end of the month! Here's a few pics from the final show of the year at JAE and a couple of more local ones from various drives :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=215187&stc=1&d=1476197533

attachment.php?attachmentid=215188&stc=1&d=1476197533

attachment.php?attachmentid=215190&stc=1&d=1476197533

attachment.php?attachmentid=215189&stc=1&d=1476197533

I have also made a list of what's all on the cards for the winter upgrades, its a pretty big list but nothing to extreme to a certain extent lol...

• Remove engine and gearbox
  • Strip down the whole engine
  • All new engine gasket set
  • New crank pulley
  • Repolish parts and get more polished items
  • New rear seal for the getrag
  • Refurbish UK brakes all round
  • Paint the brakes
  • Clean and paint engine bay
  • Clean up engine and gearbox
  • Finally fit the big twins
  • Mapping
  • Good coat of underseal
  • Remove rear seats
  • Dye carpet black
  • Fit Roll cage

**Other stuff i might do**

• Fully build the engine
  • Bigger injectors
  • New wheels
  • New seats

I'm in no rush to get all this done, so will do it over time probably and get it ready for the start of show season next year :)

14212631_10154550782768410_5024388160567723986_n.jpg

14237498_10154550782573410_5757121727200970892_n.jpg

14264128_10154558266393410_8499844958374867978_n.jpg

14291679_10154550216598410_1730483766740000156_n.jpg

Since i have this week of from work i have decided to make a start on the interior of the car and to tidy up the engine bay the best i can without removing the engine. Plans for the car this week are -

• Rear seat delete
  • Make a wooden enclosure with storage space where the rear seat would be
  • Carpet dyed black
  • Modify bride RO seat frames
  • Refit TRD yellow harness'
  • Remove stock seat belts all round
  • Clean the seats/dash
  • Test fit my signed airbag cover
  • Finally fit the cage
  • Paint engine bay black
  • Clean the engine bay

Will get as much pics as i can through all the process this week, especially for the rear seat delete and enclosure build :)

I also thought I would try my hand at doing the "mini version" of my supra, was actually good fun and tricky to start with lol

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

Made a start today on striping the rear interior for fitting the cage and making a rear seat delete, upon removing the rear plastics I found I still had the stock GZ speaker pods still fitted!

Will be back up all day tomorrow and continue stripping the rear and also hopefully start making the rear seat delete and fitting the cage properly

Since i have this week of from work i have decided to make a start on the interior of the car and to tidy up the engine bay the best i can without removing the engine. Plans for the car this week are -

• Rear seat delete
  • Make a wooden enclosure with storage space where the rear seat would be
  • Carpet dyed black
  • Modify bride RO seat frames
  • Refit TRD yellow harness'
  • Remove stock seat belts all round
  • Clean the seats/dash
  • Test fit my signed airbag cover
  • Finally fit the cage
  • Paint engine bay black
  • Clean the engine bay

Will get as much pics as i can through all the process this week, especially for the rear seat delete and enclosure build :)

I also thought I would try my hand at doing the "mini version" of my supra, was actually good fun and tricky to start with lol

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161017/c490783741b98dd6e002bfd7a0f43e45.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161017/958dc505ed8d019ba3c0840a795bc2fc.jpg

ha ha

That's brilliant !

how did you do that ?

Love the cage !

Liking the updates :thumbs:

Wouldn't it be better getting some of the standard rear metal speaker brackets rather than messing around with the wood etc?

Cheers bud. Yeah I have the standard ones coming from Keron next week, I only made the wooden ones so I could use them for mocking up how the rear cage will sit with them in place. I need to cut the rear 1/4 plastics so with the speakers in place I can see how close I will be and etc

See what your doing now, good idea :)

Be watching the cage install with interest as tempted to do this myself.

I finished marking one side last night, hopefully get the other side marked out and ready for drilling. Once that's in I'll make a start on the rear seat delete, hoping to get a lot done tomorrow before hopefully pulling the engine on Tuesday

Fair play to the guy with Parkinsons who cut the speaker brackets for you bear :cool:

:p :p these are only being used so I know clearance for the cage, I have a set of oem coming from Keron and also a set to pick up local.

Done a wee bit more earlier before supper, drilled and test fitted the main cage, it's only finger tight just now so I can get the rear legs in place, drilled and mounted

Heading back down to the unit later on to finish the cage and then make a start on the rear seat delete. The carpet arrived today, so fingers crossed it's enough lol

Cage tightened and interior plastics all back in, will finish the interior at a later date. Still have the seats and TRD harnesses to fit and the infamous rear seat delete!

The gold really does go with the purple [emoji7] wonder what else I can put gold to match [emoji848][emoji6]

Tomorrow I should have a MASSIVE update on the engine bay side of things ;) its not to be missed :p