Drift Bears Project Zeus

drift_bear

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Purple car, green wheels gold engine bay? You've raided the dulux colour chart for this one Alex!

They aren't green wheels though James lol, don't see the point in being boring and following trends ;) might have to pick your brains about the big twins though and how you fitted them!

When you change the car style you don't do out by halves do you lol

Haha no point doind a half arsed job :rlol: :rlol:

Nice updates mate

Torn on the wheels part of me is sad the old wheels are gone as they are quality branded wheels, the other half is happy as fitment looks like it will be better now.

Either way car I'd looking very nice

/QUOTE]

Cheers Jake, i miss my old veilsides but needed something modern and that filled the arches

Yeah know what you mean, be interested to see the fitment, hard to tell with it in the air and no weight in the nose. But they look good on the car

/QUOTE]

Yeah the fitment is spot on tbh, I'll run a 5mm spacer on the front to make sure i definitely clear my uk brakes, it's far to close at the moment! Hoping to get the engine dropped back in shortly, so will see then what the actual weight bearing load looks like

Looking great mate can start to visualize the final product now, its very different I like it :)

Cheers dude, can't wait to see it either haha

Getting there dude, starting to look like a complete car again now!

Yeah it's been a slow grind and doesn't help that I'm literally doing things every few weeks due to work and days off :( luckily off all this week so I'm getting a lot done and aiming to hopefully have the engine in by end of the weekend, if not by at least mid week next week :)

Whats that silly fox laughing at? wheels look really good, and so does the rest of the car, you have a few man hours put in there.

Haha I actually never realised you could see basil brush on the shelf :rlol: :rlol: yeah there's a few man hours put into this car

So yesterday the plan was to get everything back in the car, that didn't go to plan sadly due to the clutch I purchased wasn't in the best condition (2nd hand). So after a lot of swearing and bad thoughts (there's a thread in the supra chat about that), I've spoke to Lee at srd and will get a new clutch ordered up hopefully today and it can be here for next week.

I want to take the chance to say a massive thanks so far to keith (kwalker705) and Michael (Grasmt) for helping me so much with this build already, if it wasn't for them then I would be a lot further behind!!

Anyway the full turbo kit was bolted up yesterday and is now all ready, just leaves the intake side, clutch arrival and fitting and then it's ready for going back in :) here's a couple of pics from yesterday

Buying second hand bits is a minefield and can be so annoying, it also forces the spec rather than getting the spec and parts to achieve your goals and them be proven to work in harmony with the rest of your build as well as just plain fitting and working!

Getting the car back on the road and enjoying it sounds like the priority, I have had my TS Supra in storage for nearly a year and as much as I loved it I would not want it back, just want it sold and to move on so I understand your frustrations

Buying second hand bits is a minefield and can be so annoying, it also forces the spec rather than getting the spec and parts to achieve your goals and them be proven to work in harmony with the rest of your build as well as just plain fitting and working!

Getting the car back on the road and enjoying it sounds like the priority, I have had my TS Supra in storage for nearly a year and as much as I loved it I would not want it back, just want it sold and to move on so I understand your frustrations

Yeah I know about buying 2nd hard parts and that's why I would normally buy brand new. Lesson learnt and now time to get my money back and buy new like normal.

I'm surprised your supra hasn't sold yet dean!

Yeah I know about buying 2nd hard parts and that's why I would normally buy brand new. Lesson learnt and now time to get my money back and buy new like normal.

I'm surprised your supra hasn't sold yet dean!

I am staggered it is still for sale, I got that so wrong, thought it would be an appreciating investment but I have had almost zero interest from real buyers

I am staggered it is still for sale, I got that so wrong, thought it would be an appreciating investment but I have had almost zero interest from real buyers

The only reason people seem to be put off is the way the kit looks, I've seen a lot of various pictures from other cars in the same kit and it amazes me the hate it gets. Was yours actually built at top secret or is it just a genuine top secret kit?

The only reason people seem to be put off is the way the kit looks, I've seen a lot of various pictures from other cars in the same kit and it amazes me the hate it gets. Was yours actually built at top secret or is it just a genuine top secret kit?

Its a genuine Topsecret built car with some very rare trick TS parts (Carbon dash etc), the inner door has the TS build badge and it was mapped by TS also

It is the kit, I loved it and still do, it appears that I am in the minority however !

Its a genuine Topsecret built car with some very rare trick TS parts (Carbon dash etc), the inner door has the TS build badge and it was mapped by TS also

It is the kit, I loved it and still do, it appears that I am in the minority however !

I think it looks awesome! If I could I would of had it from you last time I was looking for a supra

• 2 weeks later...

Big thanks to Lee from srd for sorting out a new clutch and getting it up to me so quick! He also sorted me out with the shorter 5 speed flywheel bolts, new release bearing and pilot bearing.

Well today didn't go as planned sadly, but managed to get some little jobs done and the car back on to the dolly's! When I sold my old clutch I never kept the 6 speed bearing carrier [emoji20]