drift_bear

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a very nice colour mate and it's going to look awesome :thumbs:

Rear lights also suit the car a treat :)

I'm hoping it all works together with the BGW :hide:

I really like the colour choice. :thumbs:

Good luck with the build and looking forward to your next updates. This is going to be one of those iconic Supra's

Haha cheers Kachun, I doubt very much it will be an iconic supra by this clubs standards though lol

The purple with gold wheels will look great, really bring the colour out and carbon goes well with purple in my opinion. Not so sure on the rear lights, but I am a bit of an old stick in the mud :). Anyway I am looking forward to seeing this happen and I also think this will be an iconic Supra mate, it's pretty close now, a lovely example to be fair. Keep posting the up-dates Alex, gives me the belief to stay focused on mine and keep my plans on track. (Oh and I won't mention the rugby, or did I just do that ;)).

Purple,ha-ghey :p

:p :p :p

The purple with gold wheels will look great, really bring the colour out and carbon goes well with purple in my opinion. Not so sure on the rear lights, but I am a bit of an old stick in the mud :). Anyway I am looking forward to seeing this happen and I also think this will be an iconic Supra mate, it's pretty close now, a lovely example to be fair. Keep posting the up-dates Alex, gives me the belief to stay focused on mine and keep my plans on track. (Oh and I won't mention the rugby, or did I just do that ;)).

Thanks Adam, I think the colour combo will work well together, include the polished parts in the engine bay and the carbon touches it should look perfect. The rear lights don't look the best on silver imho, but I couldn't wait and had to for them :rlol: I'll hopefully be posting more regular updates once it's in the body shop and etc, I aim to have the car ready and finished by May, just in time for show season! It means a lot to think that other will class this as an "iconic" supra in this club, there have been so much iconic cars built through this club and I never thought something I built would be classed in the same degree :blush:

Iconic it will be mate. Glad you have got the love back to make this Supra so great. Shame so many of the great cars from this site get broke, it's one of the reasons Supras' aren't taken as a serious classic.

I can safely say the love is back and once its finished, it will never be broken! I would rather just store it than break it tbh

• 2 weeks later...

So that's the car now booked in for April to get the paint done! Means we will pull the engine and work on that once the car is in paint and also easier for getting the bay done aswell. If all goes to plan it will be ready for May an the start of the season!

I also thought I would see how the airbag cover looks in the car

I'm still undecided if I will fit it or not yet! Would look great in the car but also would look good as part of a display from the auto salon...

• 4 weeks later...

So that is the date booked in for the car to go into the body shop, It is to be dropped off for a full bare metal respray with the engine and glass all removed. I have decided that since it is getting a new lick of paint i will be ordering up new window seals all around to complete the fresh look, i am also going to be pricing up a brand new front bumper with facelift bumper bar and flushed, so i will be running a number plate in my windscreen again :) I am also toying with the idea of buying brand new facelift headlights as well to keep the look brand new lol. I will add all the part numbers below for anyone interested and once i get a price will add that as well :thumbs:

***Prices now added WITHOUT vat being added and the 10-15% discount - 21/03/16**

Front Bumper related part numbers

COVER, FRONT BUMPER - 52119-14390-B1 - £302.12

GRILLE, RADIATOR, LOWER - 53112-14070-B0 - Discontinued

ABSORBER, FRONT BUMPER ENERGY - 52611-14120 - £54.18

RETAINER, FRONT BUMPER, UPPER CENTER - 52521-14090 - £29.45

RETAINER, FRONT BUMPER, LOWER CENTER - 52525-24030 - £15.98

RETAINER, FRONT BUMPER, LOWER CENTER NO.2 - 52527-14060 - Discontinued

RETAINER, FRONT BUMPER SIDE, RH - 52535-14070 - £22.68

RETAINER, FRONT BUMPER SIDE, LH - 52536-14030 - £22.68

CLIP(FOR FRONT BUMPER), NO.1 - 90179-06097 - £1.00

CLIP(FOR FRONT BUMPER), NO.2 - 90468-04079 - £1.14

SEAL, HOOD TO FRONT END PANEL - 53395-14010 - £22.96

Window seals

MOULDING, WINDSHIELD, OUTSIDE RH - 75533-14190 - £66.43

MOULDING ASSY, FRONT DOOR BELT, RH - 75710-14250 - £105.33

MOULDING ASSY, FRONT DOOR BELT, LH - 75720-14250 - £105.33

RETAINER, ROOF SIDE RAIL WEATHER STRIP, REAR RH - 62371-14080 - £12.95

RETAINER, ROOF SIDE RAIL WEATHER STRIP, REAR LH - 62372-14080 - £12.95

MOULDING, ROOF DRIP SIDE FINISH, RH - 75551-14150 - £113.44

MOULDING, ROOF DRIP SIDE FINISH, LH - 75552-14150 - £113.44

RETAINER, QUARTER WINDOW GLASS, UPPER - 62763-14060 (J) - £3.23

RETAINER, QUARTER WINDOW GLASS, UPPER - 62763-14060 (K) - £3.23

Facelift headlights

UNIT ASSY, HEADLAMP, RH - 81111-1B231 - £218.97

UNIT ASSY, HEADLAMP, LH - 81151-1B231 - £218.97

While the engine is out i will be getting a custom made mid-pipe to join up with the HKS manifolds and down-pipe, i will also be fitting new HKS adjustable cams and giving the engine a full service so its ready to go as soon as the car is finished. I have spoke to Romain about mapping and i should get a date tomorrow regarding when he is going to come up here and do the mapping for me on a dyno local to me! i didn't think i would get that option but it would save me so much time and hassle with getting the car down to him and etc.

Here's a quick pic from today's little drive :)

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)