The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drift Bears Project Zeus

drift_bear

You're hot start issue is exactly the same was what's happening to mine Alex, except mine does it from cold only!

What about a split vacuum hose? May only happen once the engine is hot and the hoses loosen up a little. Could try a leak test with compressed air maybe?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're hot start issue is exactly the same was what's happening to mine Alex, except mine does it from cold only!

What about a split vacuum hose? May only happen once the engine is hot and the hoses loosen up a little. Could try a leak test with compressed air maybe?

I've checked and replaced 99% of the stuff now that I thought it could be. According to the us forum, replacing the starter motor solves the hot start issue. I've got one sitting but just not got round to fitting it yet. It seems to be OK for just now though (touch wood)

Good lad! lol I also mentioned the wings too :)

Have you considered polishing the rims? a lad on here was selling his polished rims, think his name is David and they looked pretty good polished up.

Sorry only just seen this, no I would never have polished lips on the car tbh. They look to much on a 199 silver car and I prefer my current colour, it goes well with the stock colours ;)

So yesterday I decided it was about time I done the starter motor, seeing as the car hasn't moved for the past few weeks I had to pump up my front tyre (it's got a slow leak). When I was pumping it up I noticed the front wing had signs of micro blisters but I thought nothing of it due to getting new winds anyway, upon closer inspection I found it was on nearly all my panels and as the day commenced it got worse :(

So looks like I need to get the car resprayed AGAIN :banghead: it couldn't of happened at a worse time! I'm still trying to finish the GTR, do the big twin conversion and my holiday in January to pay for :( :(

On another note I changed the starters and it seems to be running fine now, will need to take it out for a proper test run today to make sure

It's alive!

saw this on FB, bad news...

are you planning on keeping the GTR or selling? I suppose if your selling then it makes sense to sort that out so you have the funds to complete the rest :)

After seeing the GTR i would love to be able to keep it at the same time, plus means i still have a fun car for when the supra is away lol, but ideally it needs to be sold

It's that time of year again where the car comes off the road, i have a nice list of stuff to do and i won't be rushing this!

• Fit the 1/2 cage
  • Full respray (engine out job)
  • Build the engine (If i can)
  • Fit big twin kit
  • Fit half Carbon TRD
  • Mapping
  • Full service
  • Full detail and protection

I have decided that i am going to go for a full colour change on the car and get something special to go with the engine bay, I've always wanted to have a magazine featured car and this is going to be my final push to get it! The detail that will go into the car and the colour/engine theme I'm going for will be something special i hope, I've never seen the colour I'm going for on a supra yet, so fingers crossed I'm the first :cool:

Before anyone ask's the colour will be staying quiet untill i get round to it being applied :p :p

I had the exact same happen to the paint on one of my old cars after having the front end resprayed. The blistering only occurred on the front end (all over the new paint) so it was obviously 100% down to the paint/prep itself. Unfortunately it was done as a cash in hand job and I was basically told to do one.

If you've had that done by a professional body shop I'd be straight back to them!

I had the exact same happen to the paint on one of my old cars after having the front end resprayed. The blistering only occurred on the front end (all over the new paint) so it was obviously 100% down to the paint/prep itself. Unfortunately it was done as a cash in hand job and I was basically told to do one.

If you've had that done by a professional body shop I'd be straight back to them!

The more i think and look at it, the more i think someone has sprayed something on the car tbh. I just can't see how it took so long for them to come up and then appear so quickly!

The more i think and look at it, the more i think someone has sprayed something on the car tbh. I just can't see how it took so long for them to come up and then appear so quickly!

It can come through years later. I've had my car 2 years, any paintwork it 'shad in it's life it had in japan. I have a tiny little patch that has appeared on the drivers wing only recently.