Drift Bears Project Zeus

drift_bear

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's the final pieces arrived ready to be fitted next week. Carbon engine bay boxes done by mk4gaz and the brand new bumper bar from Keron

Just checked the bumper I picked up from Toyota yesterday, they now come in polyurethane and [/b]NOT PAINTED. I have them the part number for a pre-facelift and I received a facelift, so not sure if that's all they supply now

Also got round to looking out all the parts being swapped over and made sure I have everything lol

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

Can you message me the part numbers for the front bumper mate. The one I gave to Toyota in your post a couple of pages back came up discontinued. I'm after the facelift version.

I used the exact same number and it worked for me buddy and it was for a pre-facelift bumper, have no idea how I got a facelift bumper lol

I used the exact same number and it worked for me buddy and it was for a pre-facelift bumper, have no idea how I got a facelift bumper lol

These are the prices I got from Toyota yesterday, I put in numbers from using my chassis number on toyodiy. 2 different numbers for headlights and the same for front bumpers.

Mines at that cross over stage between non-facelift and facelift so I asked for a price for both part numbers.

Toyota say line 3 & 4 is the facelift headlights but again that doesn't match your numbers haha. Plus the prices are totally different!

I might have to try your Toyota and see if I can get a facelift front bumper from them and get it sent down my way, something definitely wrong!

These are the prices I got from Toyota yesterday, I put in numbers from using my chassis number on toyodiy. 2 different numbers for headlights and the same for front bumpers.

Mines at that cross over stage between non-facelift and facelift so I asked for a price for both part numbers.

Toyota say line 3 & 4 is the facelift headlights but again that doesn't match your numbers haha. Plus the prices are totally different!

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t508/RWheaters/2D98AB4C-83C7-47CA-BAE2-95914198785E_zps6n6mjiz2.png

I might have to try your Toyota and see if I can get a facelift front bumper from them and get it sent down my way, something definitely wrong!

Hopefully this will help, it's my invoice for the bumper and etc. I bought the lights from whifbitz but did get a quote from Toyota for them lol

hopefully it all goes well alex, using a different bodyshop this time? So pleased you're binning those front wings! Now you're getting rid i guess it's safe to say the vents look like they've been drawn on by a kid with a marker pen. :D

+1 :D

Hopefully it all goes well Alex, using a different bodyshop this time? So pleased you're binning those front wings! Now you're getting rid I guess it's safe to say the vents look like they've been drawn on by a kid with a marker pen. :D

Yeah james using a body shop that is doing my mates S15, 1JZ powered RX7 and his AE86! So I know I can trust him and his work is top notch! The vented wings suited the fully kitted look and tbh I've gone off the look of them now. We are only going to be fitting the new body parts and then sorting out the microblisters, so the car will be staying silver untill I can find out what's happening with my Japan venture! If that falls through then after show season is when I'll change colour and etc :)

Thats the car all packed and ready to go up to the body shop shortly...Who says supra's aren't practical! Managed to fit all this into mine lol

• 2x wings
  • 2x skirts
  • 2x spats
  • 2x arch liners
  • 1x front bumper and all fixings

This is just a quick run down of what's all happening while at the body shop

•Fix the rust bubble on drivers side sill

•Repair both side skirts and fit

•Fill in number plater holes and side repeater holes

•Sort any other body blemishes – Car park dents and etc

•Rear number plate surrounds fitted proper

•Front lip fitted to new front bumper

•Sort out the micro blisters

•Fit new front wheel arch liners

•Fit new bumper

I have asked to be kept updated with pictures for the entire process, so will have plenty pictures for here i hope!

So went up to the body shop today to see how things are going and I was greeted by this site...

The previous respray was a disgrace and one of the worse the current guy has ever seen! There's about 5 paint job on the car and we also found out that the drivers side rear 1/4 was replaced at some point and I never even knew! I am back up on Thursday so it should be ready for paint if not have the start of paint done :)

Good to see some progress mate. She looks to have a fair amount of filler going into it though!

/QUOTE]

Yeah I've asked to get all car park dinks/precious dents sorted! The previous painter never bothered his arse tbh, so at least it's getting done proper at last!

So I have just got this from my painter regarding the car and the previous paint work -

"Looks like we going to need glass out on this to do it properly it's even popped under window mouldings and there is still masking tape here in strips just been painted over. Forgetting the paint reaction the prep and quality of the spray job is terrible. Spent all day sanding down paint edges and reacted paint layers! To be honest the work involved in sorting this mess out properly and painting, we are having to undo every single thing it had done on last paint! His masking at door pillars are cheap as well so if we can do shuts it's better"

It's not the news I was wanting to hear but at least I know the paint and prep will be done proper this time! It just annoys me that the previous painter was a family friend and is refusing to take any responsibility on the situation :banghead:

On a plus side I bought a polished alternator from Ric and it arrived today :)