The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drift Bears Project Zeus

drift_bear

No they really don't in person, the rub the inner arch liner to much and scuff. I prefer the Andrews due to the fact they are a more rare wheel and look better

The GTR will be finished and then sold ASAP! Can't justify both and I just want rid of the GTR now, it's a shame that it turned out the way it was! Always wanted one growing up and it's put me off them :(

Fair enough, as for the gtr I wouldn't worry to much it didn't turn out so bad in the end. Hopefully you'll make enough back when selling and having managed to got your old car back you've come back to the supra fold with the ideal spec and have managed to cross a car off your list in the meantime :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Took the car out and had to celebrate in fashion having it back :D

Fair enough, as for the gtr I wouldn't worry to much it didn't turn out so bad in the end. Hopefully you'll make enough back when selling and having managed to got your old car back you've come back to the supra fold with the ideal spec and have managed to cross a car off your list in the meantime :)

Yeah that's the thing, I've owned 2 cars I've always wanted and prefer the supra :)

Good to hear you're picking up the big twins project again dude!

It had to be done dude :D

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

So this weekend will see me sorting this hot start issue, I got my delivery from Toyota yesterday -

New crank sensor

New cam sensor

New water temp sensor

While I was waiting for them i managed to source a new exhaust from a local(ish) member, so will be receiving the HKS 4" Ti on Monday :D so can finally make some noise again :D this will also help once I go 4" midpipe and get the down pipes on the twin kit modified from 3" - 4" for everything to flow perfect!

Just had a call to say my veilside Andrews have been delivered, so need to get tyres for them and fitted in time for JAE, so I'm happy at that and the car is finally getting there :nana:

I've still got a few other jobs needing done, but sadly won't have time before JAE. One of the main things needing done is repair this dent on the wing

I do have 2 replacement wings that are awaiting collection, but untill then I will try and push the dent out as much as I can!

So today I set about fixing this hot start issue that developed on the car since purchasing it back, after changing the water temp sensor, 1 cam sensor (awaiting the other from Toyota still) and the crank sensor with the help from Michael (Grasmt) we finally managed to cure the problem and hopefully that's it gone for good! :nana: :nana: It looked to have been a crank sensor that was to blame!

I also managed to put back on an SRD500S sticker cause I had spare lying around and also a top secret badge I bought while there last year, the rear looked empty so had to add something lol

Also thought I would get the veilsides un-boxed and ready for the new tyres to arrive on Monday/Tuesday. Honestly can't wait to get them fitted again and the car looking like it used.

I have a few other certain things that need addressed still to do on the car, due to previous owners negligence, but that will be updated after JAE!

Finally that's the car back looking and sounding as it should be (so be it a little louder than before lol)

New 4" exhaust next to the 3" whifbitz

All fitted (had to adjust the height after this)

The veilsides finally back on

A little video of breaking in the new tyres and exhaust with a launch :D

https://vimeo.com/138773533

I've managed to source a half carbon trd spoiler and some new front wings, so will change the look of the car subtly again :)

Now time to get the car quickly washed and packed for JAE!

So today I set about fixing this hot start issue that developed on the car since purchasing it back, after changing the water temp sensor, 1 cam sensor (awaiting the other from Toyota still) and the crank sensor with the help from Michael (Grasmt) we finally managed to cure the problem and hopefully that's it gone for good! :nana: :nana: It looked to have been a crank sensor that was to blame!

I also managed to put back on an SRD500S sticker cause I had spare lying around and also a top secret badge I bought while there last year, the rear looked empty so had to add something lol

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/06/ce9fa2906758a3e08e53fb6bf2ee9346.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/06/e64cac2ee303cb92d7a4cbd6eb957784.jpg

Also thought I would get the veilsides un-boxed and ready for the new tyres to arrive on Monday/Tuesday. Honestly can't wait to get them fitted again and the car looking like it used.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/06/d67b1ee68f9f81f507109c927e18e418.jpg

I have a few other certain things that need addressed still to do on the car, due to previous owners negligence, but that will be updated after JAE!

Alex the Syvecs only uses 1 cam sensor. The front one.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would do a quick update...

The car performed faultless on the trip to jae and back again, apart from 1 little issue with the hot start. I managed to get a new igniter from lil_num (Big thanks again dude :thumbs: ) and it seemed to sort the problem fine....now it seems to have re-appeared and I don't know where from :think:

So far I have changed the following and it's helped but not got rid :blink:

• New battery
  • New crank position sensor
  • New water temp sensor
  • New cam sensors
  • Fully working igniter

I still have a few things left to change/check which are :-

• New walbro fuel pump (the Bosch 044 doesn't like methanol to much)
  • New spark plugs (full service since it hasn't been done since leaving my ownership over 4 months ago)
  • Clean coil packs/check clips (replace if need be)
  • Check FPR readings compared to syvecs readings
  • Pull the map and logs and send it to lee to have a look

Anyway moving on from the doom and gloom, I have managed to pick up a half carbon TRD wing and in the middle of sourcing new front wings to change the look of the car slightly, so it's got a bit more of an aggressive stance once the big twins are in and running :eyebrows:

Here's some pics from JAE to keep you all happy lol

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

Just one walbro? The flow on just one will be nowhere near that of the Bosch. Assume this is just temporary til the big twins go in?

I'm looking at the walbro 485, so will be fine according to a few people :)

when are you fitting spacers on the rears? :p

welcome back

I don't fit spacers! I hate spacers! :p :p if anything i will be getting bigger lips (2" rear 1" front) to widen the wheels instead once the power is upped ;)

That would look incredible mate, I do love the wheels but the offsets let hem down imo.

You enjoying having it back?

Yeah for being 10" rear and 9" front, they do sit a little in the arches. TBH it doesn't bother me to much at the moment since I know how rare these wheels are and in supra figment!

Yeah I am indeed jake, even though I'm still fixing problems, I'm glad it's back and getting some TLC. Are you keeping yours now dude?