Drift Bears Project Zeus

drift_bear

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh well thats another problem now added to the list of stuff to fix on the supra :( Looks like i have either split a power steering hose (i hope) or my power steering pump has shit itself! Just as i got into my drive, i heard the tell tale sound of the pump running with no fluid in it, opened the bonnet as was greeted by the smell of burnt PS fluid and it seems to be everywhere around the pump/reservoir :( ......... and i noticed i have a slow puncture aswell, the tyres were brand new the day before JAE :(

Yeah for being 10" rear and 9" front, they do sit a little in the arches. TBH it doesn't bother me to much at the moment since I know how rare these wheels are and in supra figment!

Yeah I am indeed jake, even though I'm still fixing problems, I'm glad it's back and getting some TLC. Are you keeping yours now dude?

Definitely a rare and lovely wheel. I would put spacers on I have to admit :D

Glad your enjoying it, and nice to see you giving it plenty of love.

Still dont know mate, its a hard predicament, I have just taken a TT6 out this eve and its drove superb in comparison to one I took out a few years back. Brilliant price but it needs allot of cosmetic work. Re-shelling would be awesome but not sure funds will allow for two supras for now :(.

EDIT- just seen your last update, not good mate at least it shouldnt be anything to major.

Definitely a rare and lovely wheel. I would put spacers on I have to admit :D

Glad your enjoying it, and nice to see you giving it plenty of love.

Still dont know mate, its a hard predicament, I have just taken a TT6 out this eve and its drove superb in comparison to one I took out a few years back. Brilliant price but it needs allot of cosmetic work. Re-shelling would be awesome but not sure funds will allow for two supras for now :(.

EDIT- just seen your last update, not good mate at least it shouldnt be anything to major.

You not just TT yours instead? Would be shame to sell her! Yeah im hoping its just a hose tbh

Its a 20 year old car so parts will need changing so see it has part of maintenance.

Its not cheap planning to go single, took me a while to gather parts and then two months to build because I am slow lol

Good thing im not going single and i have 90% of the parts already lol. Just need new fuel pump, injectors, changing downpipe flange to a 4" Vband instead of a 3" bolt and ofcourse a remap :D

• 2 weeks later...
lol My bad, its all about the twins :D

Sounds like you be busy.

Also the Walbro 485 you were talking about, is it the Walbro F90000267 Fuel Pump 450LPH High Pressure ?

No it's a completely different pump dude.

So I got some goodies dropped off at the body shop yesterday, new front wings (ventless) and the legs for the TRD spoiler

Will be dropping the car off in a couple of weeks to get them fitted and a few other little niggles sorted out bodywork wise. I also bought a half rear cage from fosta's group buy and should have that by mid-November.

I should have the running issue and power steering leak fixed by the end of the week and have the car running perfect again! I can then start on getting the final couple of parts for the twin build and then get started on that hopefully end of the month! I will only be going as far as 700-750bhp on the stock block like is advised and many other owner has done it. I won't be running methanol on this set up, so will be interesting and yes I know, laggy as hell...but I don't care cause they look awesome lol.

So I will be fitting the following parts with the help of Michael (Grasmt) -

HKS GT2835 turbos - polished

HKS manifolds (will change it from 3" bolt flange to 4" v band)

HKS wastegates

HKS downpipes (will change to 4")

HKS midpipe (will change to 4")

HKS air filters with pipework

Insulate all of the oil feeds/returns, water feeds

Walbro 485 fuel pump

All new gaskets all round

The twin build will be self built and the only outside person involved, should hopefully be the mapper when we get to that stage!

Anyway, here's an old pic to keep you all happy lol

Looking good Alex and sounds an interesting build. Get a winged front lip back on and beef that front back up :thumbs:

I'm sure I could find someone that would swap an eared lip for an earless one lol. I'm going to be extending the wheels aswell over winter, extra 2" at the rear and 1" at the front

As some of you know I had a power steering leak spring up on me the other week, so with the thanks to Grasmt we set about and sorted that yesterday. It turned out to be a buggered O-ring, so a quick trip to a local hardware store and 5p later, the leak is fixed.

Since we were in the engine bay, we then set about and checked the coilpacks and clips to see if that was the cause for my hot start issue but the clips looked perfect upon closer inspection and found some white residue on coil 1 and 2

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/06/3ec26529fc8005c10770a208b168eb69.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/06/36af087e114668403ab6b2769862b5ba.jpg

So we cleaned them up, changed for new spark plugs and then put everything back together again. We also checked all earth points and the battery terminals, all seemed OK and the car fired up fine and pulled strong. Once we came back from a spirited drive, we shut her down and waited 10mins......wouldn't start again :think: and all I got was this...

https://vimeo.com/141562068

I then waited another 10mins and then a few seconds longer upon fuel pump priming and tried again.....boom it fired up straight away with a little help from the throttle! So far I have changed/cleaned the following parts and nothing has cured the issue yet -

Battery

Igniter

Crank position sensor

Coolant temp sensor

Cam position sensor

All connectors have been checked and cleaned

I have ordered a new starter motor, coil packs and a new walbro fuel pump, so will get that changed over this weekend hopefully and that should cure my issue! If not then I will have to go back and start checking the map!

BUT

On a positive note.... The final pieces for the HKS big twin build have been purchased and If all goes to plan, then the big twins will be on and running by the middle of next month! All work apart from mapping will be done by me and Michael (Grasmt)! Honestly I can't wait to get the car finished and the way I want it!

• 2 weeks later...

So my hot start issue is back to being intermittent and not happening all the time :banghead: I went over all connectors with electrical contact cleaner and sprayed them and its been working fine! I'm still not convinced that its gone 100% but i am getting closer to curing it, i still have the new fuel pump to fit as my bosch 044 doesn't like methanol for to long and it tends to eat the seals, so i have the walbro 485 to go in instead.

After doing some reading on the US forum, i found some guys with the same hot start issue so thought i would go through the threads and see if i haven't covered/changed/checked that they have done.....the only thing still to change is the starter motor, cause in 1 of their threads it said that it cured the problem straight away :blink: so off to eBay i went and bought a newly refurbished starter to fit and see if it will make much difference (i don't think it will, but worth a shot).

Now onto a more posative note :rlol:

The supra will be going into the bodyshop on monday to get the new front wings and TRD on, while its there im getting a small bit of bubbling rust treated and the black trim all freshly re-done to look mint again! I can't wait to see the car without a big dent in the wing :nana: Its one of the reasons why i have stopped driving it tbh, the dent puts me off lol. Once its done i will get some freshly updated pictures from my mate like usual and show you guys the end result...might even put spacers on just to keep supra_ufo happy :p :p

I'm all ready for the twin conversion now and just need to find a local dyno to arrange remote mapping :D :D This should start to be done by the middle of next month if all goes to plan and i get no more sidetracks!! I am also liking the look of the SRD 8 speed conversion, its making me want to get rid of the V161 and go back auto with flappy paddles :eyebrows:

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Had to push back the bodyshop untill I sorted a few things. Was heading home the other week and had a wee but of a play with a focus RS (I wasn't even full boost lol) and once I passed him at 120, all I heard was a hideous gut wrenching snap and bang, closely followed by the distinct sound of scuffing and the feel of drag! So I pulled over to investigate and it turns out my engine undertray has seen better days :rlol: I finally got round to taking it over today while I'm doing odd jobs on the car, and this is how it looks :rlol:

Safe to say I need a new one now! Hopefully get round to fitting the fuel pump and try push this dent out aswell today and get back using it for a little while before the weather turns!