The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Time Again!

JamieP

I think anyone that has done it for the resale value is crazy.

I suppose you're in a unique situation with your setup. As you have the R35 to hand. So its surely got to influence what you'd want this one for.

I recall you said 800hp was a good power value for the Supra.

1 hour ago, mattdavies said:

Why ? thats another 50% or more on top of the TT engine and gearbox.

I would argue if you going standalone then you might as well just have a basic cast manifold set up on the NA with a 58mm turbo and a DavidP hybrid box. 

It’s another option if Jamie is wanting to stay TT, I don’t know anyone yet who has fitted the Munro hybrids with a built auto controlled by Syvecs? 

29 minutes ago, Chris Bailey said:

It’s another option if Jamie is wanting to stay TT, I don’t know anyone yet who has fitted the Munro hybrids with a built auto controlled by Syvecs? 

He's NA mate, and Syvecs or any other aftermarket ECU can't control the autobox correctly and smoothly, you still need the stock ECU to control the autobox and add a piggyback ECU, like the LINK ECU. Trust me I know ;)

1 hour ago, Burna said:

He's NA mate, and Syvecs or any other aftermarket ECU can't control the autobox correctly and smoothly, you still need the stock ECU to control the autobox and add a piggyback ECU, like the LINK ECU. Trust me I know ;)

I know it’s N/A bit in Jamie’s previous comment be mentioned he might go TT auto. 

I decided to stay 2jz in the end, I bought a vvti 2jz-ge that SRD are fully building for me, will probably go with something like a Borg Warner billet s369 turbo. 
I need to find a 6 speed box also, I’m not in any rush though, I’ve got a lot going on at the min. 
also in the middle of building another garage. 

CBC1A78A-F221-43D5-B8E3-88A14A811CF2.jpeg

B428B2D0-34F3-4777-A021-68ED6925A43E.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thorin said:

I don't know if you'd noticed, but you forgot to build the roof. Also, the door appears to open into a hedge.

Knew I forgot something lol, everyone keeps banging on about the door into the hedge, there is plenty of room to get in, I didn’t want a door but would be a pain if there was an issue with the electric garage door or a power cut. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JamieP said:

Fits well 

D16B4B7E-4E50-4F1B-865E-284320CBA42E.jpeg

Now that's put a whole different perspective on things. Your garage looks to be 40% bigger than the one we quoted for.

It looks as if you'll be holidaying in the Scottish Islands next year for a few weeks Jamie. 😀

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thorin said:

I don't know if you'd noticed, but you forgot to build the roof. Also, the door appears to open into a hedge.

He might have a door in the hedge, into Narnia or something.

OT nice cleanup job mate and shes got a nice new home too.

• 1 month later...

And comes with a warranty.

Full kit shipped including clutch is similar to a v160 box on its own. 

Shifts way smoother too, watched a torque comparison on the shifter.

The cast bellhousing reduces cost and better sound insulation.