The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Time Again!

JamieP

Jamie congrats on the new supra mate! Sure it will be mint when SRD is done with it.

How is the GTR compared to the supra if you dont mind me asking? Is is a lot more expensive for maintenance? 

Sometimes I think about making the change to a more modern gt/sportscar

52 minutes ago, CBR said:

Jamie congrats on the new supra mate! Sure it will be mint when SRD is done with it.

How is the GTR compared to the supra if you dont mind me asking? Is is a lot more expensive for maintenance? 

Sometimes I think about making the change to a more modern gt/sportscar

Honestly, GTR is in another league imo, comfort/speed is usability is way ahead,  maintenance isnt much more I don’t think, brake disc are expensive but then other things are cheap, 16 plate clutch in my GTR was £300.  

I still love Supras but for the same reason I love my cosworth really, nostalgia. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Simo2007 said:

Looks awesome mate, enjoying the updates, really cleaned up nicely with the paintless dent removal those guys are magicians!

May I ask where you got the front splitter from? Been trying to find one like this for ages...

Thanks, that was an eBay buy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/93-98-Toyota-Supra-Front-Bumper-Lip-Splitter-TRD-Style-/293559097679?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

16 hours ago, supra_aero said:

Thats quite nice. I need same rear plate as mine like yours has large holes behind it. Where did you get yours and the bung for de-wiper rear mind me asking?

Makes me want to get mine detailed given the difference. 

Thanks in advance

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OVERSIZE-REAR-NUMBER-PLATE-22-1-4-X-7-1-4-565MM-X-184MM-LONGER-AND-DEEPER-/174225796985?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/36mm-Blanking-Rear-Wiper-Delete-Plug-in-Black-/133225112728?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

54 minutes ago, JIMBOW1 said:

wow, what a transformation. congrats.  so glad to see you back in a supra. I have been out of a supra for many many years and I am now looking to come back, but I'm starting to think I have left it too late lol 

cant wait for more updates!

Thanks Jim, I didn’t think I’d get another tbh as prices are generally high now, but this popped up at a price I was happy with and I love project. I was so excited to clean it up. 

12 hours ago, mplavery said:

Looks great mate, cant believe how well the paint turned out in the end

I agree the rear number plate looks to big lol 

GTR looks spot on as always .. How's the cossie doing  

Cheers mate, Cossie is In having some major rust surgery ti the floor, old Fords lol. Love that car though, anything it needs it will get though.