The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Time Again!

JamieP

8 hours ago, AC93 said:

If my 6 speed ever goes bang I'll get the T56 from Grannas or a modern ZF flappy paddle conversion. 

For me it's too risky spending £5k+ on a 25yr old box 

I wouldn't if I were you, one sounds like a bag of spanners, the other isn't sorted software wise yet, hopefully it will be with time, but I'm holding out until others have been the guinea pigs.

Paul Cheshire is selling a reconditioned box for £6k, that's the one I'd be buying if I needed one.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 8:47 PM, j_jza80 said:

Have you considered the Grannas Racing T56 swap? 

They supply it with a cast bellhousing adapter now too, so it looks more oem. Works with na auto diff ratio too I believe. 

https://www.grannasracing.com/blogs/news/new-2jz-to-t56-cast-aluminum-bellhousing

https://www.grannasracing.com/products/supra-t56-magnum-f-swap-kit-mkiv-2jz-tr6060

Few people I’ve spoke to say that they are not very nice to live with.

Im thinking more that the oem route is the one id choose for a manual swap. Polo's reconditioned boxes around 6k sound good. Ive seen one's dragged out of the canal for 6k!! Most other conversions sound dreadful at idle, notchy to drive and dont have the ratio's to suit our diffs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SRD are in the middle of the 6 speed swap right now, then the car is off for some rust repairs the following week, it’s got a couple of dodgy patches on the sills and one on the boot floor. 
new engine is coming on 

07498F43-DC24-4ABC-B831-B9996D783722.jpeg

378CB689-DFFE-4CC7-94ED-7BAECD3D50CC.jpeg

5A68F8A2-9505-4C0A-B5BB-8C7656450EE9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 3:46 PM, JamieP said:

800hp in a supra is the sweet spot but I doubt I will go that far with it, I’d be happy with TT auto I think as want to use this car a lot. 

Of course that engine is looking well 😆

• Like 1