The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Europe

Dnk

That's a super lame excuse....

You guys had your say - you said it was a once in a lifetime decision - going back on your word would show that your word is worth zilch :)

/QUOTE]

Your view.............

And once more, the actual quote from Alex Salmond was not 'once in a lifetime', but

"If you remember that previous constitutional referendum in Scotland - there was one in 1979 and then the next one was 1997. That's what I mean by a political generation. "In my opinion, and it is just my opinion, this is a once in a generation opportunity for Scotland." Sourced from the Daily Telegraph of 14/9/2014.

If you're going to quote Alex Salmond, at least get it right!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Scots have had the wrong end of a 215 year old, one sided Union.

That's a very negative viewpoint to be honest.

Its a shame you view it that way.

This referendum has polorised people a lot and it is pushing some to the extreme end of arguments.

I am sure if you look closer at the numbers then you'd have to accept that Scotland and a lot of the UK has ridden the back of the success of London (and the other so called 'power-house' areas).

But that is not to say that the way things are currently that it is the best.

There does need to be change and I think that it will now come as we re-focus on the UK rather than on the EU.

The U.K. Wasn't treated as an equal in the EU.

Neither is many member states, so why do you think Scotland would be?

And this is an actual question and not a slagging match by the way!

Thatcher put the nails in the UK's EU coffin by negotiating a rebate in the 1980's, the remainder of the EU see the UK as a petulant child who continually demands more and more, but wishes it on the cheap.

The UK is a very poor player in the EU club and have harmed it's own citizens with their naivety and dreadful negotiation skills - there is a 'we're superior' attitude to the EU that leaves the other members cold.

To misquote Lyndon B Johnson, it's better to be in the tent pissing out, than on the outside trying to piss in...........

It was buried away in the tory manifesto and the tories are a minority party in Scotland, plus, the general election was 8 months away at that point, so your argument is mince!

The Scots have had the wrong end of a 215 year old, one sided Union. It's time we had our Independence Day.

The Tories wouldn't have gotten in if the Scottish had of voted for someone other than SNP

Even when that tent is inflicting the very worst austerity against the poorest people of Greece? All the while, the German state asset strips the Greek state.

I just can't understand how the SNP can support the EU, when under the EU's own rules, *if* Scotland were an external state applying for new membership, they would currently be refused without implementing austerity because of the budget deficit.

There is nothing progressive about an organisation that has as many corporate lobbyists in its ranks as civil servants (30,000)

I thought you wanted to remain in the EU?

Initially in 2014 I was for independence for Scotland but I won't vote for independence to be taken back into a failed model of EU leadership. The whole things even more of a mess now. It should be left alone for the country to get on with it. If this second referendum for Scottish Independence goes ahead and wins does that mean their will need to be border control between Scotland and England? Don't get me wrong I'd like Scotland to be Independent but not ran by the EU as a result.

Nicola has spoken, there will be a second Independence Referendum "it is on the table" & "we will prepare the necessary legislation" - Excellent news!

Didn't see that coming. :rolleyes:

What's the chance that with N.Ireland stepping up their thoughts on independence again we'll not have to worry about the religious nutters blowing us up, it'll be them again?

I wouldn't want to be Welsh right now. Goodbye EU grants and recent investment good times.

I wonder what the chances are of Jacob Rees-Mogg becoming PM? He has handled himself and his part in the Leave campaign with aplomb recently, and even left wing uni students were saying on another forum last night "Who is the thin, suave, smooth dude with the glasses? He's the business...". Class act, I think he'd make an excellent PM. Has Farage sobered up yet, he looked like he was looking foprward to a few scoops early this AM. I stayed up all night watching it. A classic event! Now to get Trumpy in the White House ;)

Yes!

As an independent country within the EU, we would be treated as an equal, Scotland is very, very poorly represented in the EU currently, due to the lack of MEPs we have and because EU business is carried out through Westminster's sceptical lens.

In the current Westminster set up, Scotland is marginalised and ignored by successive right wing tory governments...........

Jesus Christ, you had a chance to vote out, you didn't have the balls. Still crying about it.

Now to get Trumpy in the White House ;)

;) I know you are joking, but given that the US president is, in the grand scheme of things, just a spokesperson for the international stage, I don't think many (if any) of his extreme intentions on policy will come to light.

Time to pack:(

You all can have your jobs back now.

Anyone who is here before this referendum took place are entitled to stay. same for all expats. I have no idea what the panic is about. Even the stock markets are back on the rise. The fear mongering from the remain lot is what's making this all seem so bad.

Scottish referendum for independence will be interesting, last night's results are nothing to go on at all. Independence result was 55% for no, leave result was 38%. Will be interesting to see how this goes. I wonder how the question will be phrased....we want independence but we want to be governed by the EU, bit of a contradiction. I think the vote should be democratic as well and be made available to the entire UK. I can almost guarantee we will get a different outcome from 2014.

As an independent country within the EU, we would be treated as an equal, Scotland is very, very poorly represented in the EU currently, due to the lack of MEPs we have and because EU business is carried out through Westminster's sceptical lens.

Spain will Veto you joining the EU on your own as it would set precedence for Catalan independence, something they do not want.

Spain will Veto you joining the EU on your own as it would set precedence for Catalan independence, something they do not want.

But if a 2nd Scottish indy referendum happens before Article 50 is invoked, they might not need to apply at all: they'd just stay in as they are today.