The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes RZ Supra Build Project Thread. Officially Sponsored.

ripped_fear

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in too much of a rush, just impatient lol

Fair enough! :D

Just had a good read of all the recent updates! Looking great, keeps me inspired lol

Thanks mate. :thumbs:

So today had a brilliant surprise after work. Some how my carbon slam panel has arrived already! Never thought it would enter the UK, let alone clear customs and get to me in that time! Another bonus was not import tax! RESULT

Have to say I was worried about the quality being unbranded but had no choice as what I wanted isnt available anywhere else. Worries have disappeared, it looks great and the carbon is thinker than my nearly 1k diffuser! :blink: Very happy

attachment.php?attachmentid=207644&stc=1&d=1450889941

attachment.php?attachmentid=207645&stc=1&d=1450889941

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

So it may have been Christmas but still have an update. Managed to get 4x pioneer speakers for the car cheap in the boxing day sales.

Also the Skirts have gone of to be painted, along with the spark plug cover to be smoothed and painted and the upper timing belt cover, and finally the scuttle pannel off to be painted.

Have also received my dash panel's and am currently swapping all the electrical bits onto them along with the new fog switch, heated seat switch, and boost guage.

Plan for tomorrow is to get the front end temporarily back together, until the new front bumper is done. And maybe do some more mechanical bits if the weather is kind and I get time.

attachment.php?attachmentid=207698&stc=1&d=1451500969

attachment.php?attachmentid=207699&stc=1&d=1451500969

attachment.php?attachmentid=207700&stc=1&d=1451500969

attachment.php?attachmentid=207701&stc=1&d=1451500969

attachment.php?attachmentid=207702&stc=1&d=1451500969

attachment.php?attachmentid=207703&stc=1&d=1451501001

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

Are you going to use an amplifier or just the headunit on your new speakers?

I installed a small pioneer amp and the improvement was huge!

You can fit one under the passenger seat or in the boot.

The dash panels look perfect btw!

Thinking a small amp just for the speakers and my old amp and sub run separately, still havent bought the head unit yet but that is decided. What amp did you use?

Thanks mate very happy with them

Thinking a small amp just for the speakers and my old amp and sub run separately, still havent bought the head unit yet but that is decided. What amp did you use?

Thanks mate very happy with them

When I said pioneer I had a brain fart, it's a Vibe slick stereo 4. It was about 5mm to heigh to fit under the seat but fit perfectly on the back of the rear seat.

The sound is very crisp with sharp bass where as before it would distort with just a little bass.

Was around £70 for the amp, was on sale! :)

LeeP fitted an Alpine amp underneath my passenger seat, was nice and discreet setup to keep it looking OEM. Check out a thread I created a couple of years ago with my setup for some idea's if you wish.

Was great catching up on this thread Jake, fantastic updates and congratulations on the sponsorship! :)

Thanks guys for the advice will be sorting audio at some point but its not a priority atm. Need the body and engine bay done first and get her back to 100% mechanically sound.

Thanks for all the comments about the dash too I couldn't be happier. Just ordered some new leather gear and handbrake gaiters to finish them off.

Now off outside to go carry on with the work. :)

So taking a quick break from working my way though some issues. I have cut the stud that prevents the carbon pannel being fitted, but it still doesn't fit perfectly and requires some trimming so starting on that. And the dash is in and looking great but the positioning on the fog light switch has lead to the connectors fowling the dash itself, no biggy just need to swap them out for some smaller ones.

Have also fitted my good condition odo surround which hasnt been painted as i didnt want to loose the writing and as you can see the colour is a pretty good match.

attachment.php?attachmentid=207718&stc=1&d=1451565458

attachment.php?attachmentid=207719&stc=1&d=1451565458

attachment.php?attachmentid=207720&stc=1&d=1451565458

Have also re done my order for silicone hoses, so should have all the ones needed to do the turbo pipes, FMIC new induction kit etc.

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

So after battleing an air lock for a couple of hours I think she is good to go again, meaning she can now go of to have more mechanical parts done and I can focus on the cosmetic side. The part I enjoy!

Parts instaled today

-New Oem thermostat

-New Oem thermostat O ring

-New Oem Lower rad pipe

-Carbon slam pannel

The parts went on lovely and had to take the alternator of to gain access to the lower water neck but went well, apart from the air lock but think that is now sorted too! :)

Also spent and hour or so sanding my carbon slam pannel as you can see in the first picture it wasnt going to fit. Also rounded out two of the wholes to give me more room, and now she fits!

attachment.php?attachmentid=207843&stc=1&d=1452008572

attachment.php?attachmentid=207844&stc=1&d=1452008572

attachment.php?attachmentid=207845&stc=1&d=1452008572

attachment.php?attachmentid=207846&stc=1&d=1452008572

attachment.php?attachmentid=207847&stc=1&d=1452008572

[/img]

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

The dash looks great! you could always solder the wires onto the switch would make removing it annoying as you would have to snip the wires but theirs plenty of room there for that.

Nice to see you sorted your engine heating up problem too :)

Thanks Im very happy with it, the interior is so close. Had considered that and at worse case I will, but as you say will be annoying, I think I can drop a size in spade connectors then should be ok. The other option I may do is solder some wire on the switch then put some connectors down the wire meaning it can tuck to one side.

Fingers crossed its sorted will road test tomorrow all being well. Waiting on updates on your build mate!

Looking good mate, what are you doing with the paint inside the bay ?

I just removed everything from the sides, degreased and keyed then sprayed Satin black until I decide if I should keep the black or same colour as the outside ..

will show up all your bling more too !

Niceeee always love fitting new parts...even if some arnt needed really :D but atleast you know you wont have problems there for a long while! The bay is pretty do-able with cans to be fair. you can get 2k in a can with a activator at the base. Id estimate that could cost around £200 ish for a diy job and get good results if you know how to lay clear coat :D Do it do it :D

Niceeee always love fitting new parts...even if some arnt needed really :D but atleast you know you wont have problems there for a long while! The bay is pretty do-able with cans to be fair. you can get 2k in a can with a activator at the base. Id estimate that could cost around £200 ish for a diy job and get good results if you know how to lay clear coat :D Do it do it :D

exactly I want to work my way through future proofing it. Yeah it will be done with cans, have all the paint ready ordered through my dads work :) just want the mechanical parts done first.

Going to talk to steve manley tomorrow and get some more bits on order.

few pictures from today, expecting a few this evening from the bodyshop too.

Got the overflow tank permanently fitted. Required bending the plug bracket on the back of the UK headlight.

Also got the new gaiters on. :cool:

Tried to fit my wifbitz rad clamps but looks like I may need to sand the oem rubber back to get them to fit, so just slapped the OEM ones back on for now.

attachment.php?attachmentid=207870&stc=1&d=1452092623

attachment.php?attachmentid=207871&stc=1&d=1452092623

attachment.php?attachmentid=207872&stc=1&d=1452092623

attachment.php?attachmentid=207873&stc=1&d=1452092623

attachment.php?attachmentid=207874&stc=1&d=1452092623

Steve Manley has also just come up brilliant again

-2x 17378-46010 Boost pipe gaskets

-2x 17376-46010 Boost pipe gaskets

-1x 17176-46030 plenum gasket

-1x 22271-46030 throttle body gasket

-1x 75314-14010 Front badge

All ordered :) Can then get the new pipes and Inlet fitted

are the part numbers for all the gasket parts required to refit the intake manifold? I need to order a set too :)

The ones listed above 'should' (providing I have read the epc correctly) be everything needed to fit a new set of turbo pipes, and a plenum and throttle body. Im not changing the runners otherwise there would be another one needed.