The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes RZ Supra Build Project Thread. Officially Sponsored.

ripped_fear

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So she is booked in at SRD for her first proper going over in my ownership! :)

Having the following work done, and going to discuss some future work. ;)

-Water pump fitted

-1st decat supplied and fitted with restrictor ring

-coolant change

-oil and filter change

-cambelt and tensioner

-full health check

I know of a few thing that need doing but will be nice to have the opinion of lee and his team once they have had a good look at it. Always good to have a list of priority work in your head after all.

Currently looking at getting it delivered up there, as I'm unsure weather its wise to drive it up there with the leak.

A quick boring update but an update none the less. Fog light fitting issue sorted :)

Expecting more pictures from the body shop Later tonight.

Have also booked some transport for the Supra's trip to SRD as I don't want to risk it loosing water on route. Managed to find some transport that keeps the supra enclosed not just on a trailer :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=208020&stc=1&d=1452620631

DSC_0248.jpg

As Im counting down the days untill my SRD trip I am just sorting all the little small bits, then once that day has been and gone I can get a bit more stuck in again.

But tonight's little job was to sort the Wifbitz rad clamps, I bought these second hand and Im guessing they are an early design as they are missing the two recesses in the under side that the stock rubber pieces use, so a little trimming tonight and they are on :)

May have more updates from the body shop tonight as they are starting on the other skirt I think.

attachment.php?attachmentid=208131&stc=1&d=1452877520

DSC_0249.jpg

Body shop pictures, nearly ready for primer.

They have stripped the top edge right back so its as thin as possible, this is due to oem skirts having a tendency to rub on the lower edge of the doors, and I dont want this again on this car as it annoyed the hell out of me on the silver one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=208135&stc=1&d=1452882954

attachment.php?attachmentid=208134&stc=1&d=1452882954

attachment.php?attachmentid=208133&stc=1&d=1452882954

attachment.php?attachmentid=208132&stc=1&d=1452882954

attachment.php?attachmentid=208136&stc=1&d=1452882954

DSC_0831.jpg

DSC_0834.jpg

DSC_0835.jpg

DSC_0837.jpg

DSC_0840.jpg

Decided against taking them out then?

No they will be coming off to do the job properly but just had a little bit of spare time so started with them on the car. Want to get all the new bits ordered first as I'm still waiting to hear back from Steve Manley and i am not touching it before our trip to SRD in 9 days, not that Im counting.