The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes RZ Supra Build Project Thread. Officially Sponsored.

ripped_fear

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So decision to hold off getting the water pump and some smaller bits done before Christmas has been made. This means she is off the road for a couple of months :(

In the New year its going to have allot of bits done. Want the car exactly as I imagine ready for the Show season, so major work will be done. I also want full confidence in it mechanically as I intend to put it up the strip a few times too so some future proofing will be happening.

Full details will be revealed soon, so keep watch. ;)

Yer thats I.D :thumbs:

Thanks mate that is perfect then!

This need engine build with dirty turbo on it lol

Not yet, don't have the money to do it properly so will build it up over a few years then move forward if needed.

Be a waste of money as Baldy says BPU FTW :D

'Some say' Baldy destroyed some tatty looking black single auto once, did look to be driven by a bit of an idiot though ;) :D

So just taken a call, more of the dash is done should have some pictures tomorrow :)

Also tomorrow I intend on starting the engine bay, I was trying to hold off as long as possible but with parts piling and lack of space with Christmas so close, I need to start making room so going to make a start on some painting of the front slam panel tomorrow, and maybe fit a couple of shiny bits that wont need to be removed when the mechanical work is done. All depends on the temperatures tomorrow are weather or not I get the time I hope for. Anyway should have some updates tomorrow :)

'Some say' Baldy destroyed some tatty looking black single auto once, did look to be driven by a bit of an idiot though ;) :D

Tatty pfft haters :p

And the only thing he could beat me with is the dodgy left arm he's has hanging ;)

It was a nice car till someone got their hands on a machine polisher, i think the salty sea Air creates a bt more cut than expected ;)

Yes i may well have f**ked my left arm up, but ill still out drive you:)

OK lets keep this on topic now then gents :D Its a build thread after all ;)

Today I have been allot busier than I originally planned on, so the car had to take a back burner. But once I finally got back home, I made a start on stripping the front down.

Cleaned up the front panel, and gave it some prep for paint, had a couple of small surface rust spots around the bolt holes, so got them back to bare metal, covered a couple of the oem holes that would no longer be needed, I used the same stuff I used on the old car, a similar product, to what Toyota use on the holes near the VIN. Moved the horn so it will be hidden, Then began to prime it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=207385&stc=1&d=1449763260

attachment.php?attachmentid=207386&stc=1&d=1449763260

attachment.php?attachmentid=207387&stc=1&d=1449763260

attachment.php?attachmentid=207388&stc=1&d=1449763260

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)