The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes RZ Supra Build Project Thread. Officially Sponsored.

ripped_fear

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So from tomorrow I have two days off, and the plan is between some Christmas bits, to get a couple of jobs done. Thinking about fitting the radiator and hoses myself and then its just the water pump needing to be done at the garage. And also ripping out the expansion tank and fitting the new SRD one.

Also fit a few of the new shiny parts to the newly painted area and some of the anodised red bolts.

Need to make some brackets for the FMIC as one has snapped, may also try sort the window alignment issue on the drivers door, but may not get the chance to get into that job.

And finally have decided to find a carbon slam pannel cover without the horn and expansion tank cut out.

Have also heard that two dash pannels are finished, should have pictures tomorrow.

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

Got a bit more done today.

Ripped the stupid expansion tank out from under the wing, and started mocking up the new expansion tank. Have also begun removing more parts, and the rad is now going to come out. Decided to do this part of the job myself. Got as much done as I could in the garage, now need to pull it out and get it jacked up to get to two remaining bolts the the radiator is good to be removed.

Also sold a load of my new shiny bits and have bought a couple of carbon bits instead.

attachment.php?attachmentid=207450&stc=1&d=1450119609

Had to order from Japan as I couldn't find a UK supplier who could get me one without the washer bottle and horn cut-outs.

So Exciting times ahead copied from the Facebook profiles realise earlier today-

**Announcement**

We are happy to announce our sponsored cars for the 2016 show season!

These cars caught our eye, and we are sure they will catch yours!

Catch these guys on our show and trade stands throughout the 2016 show season.

Offering freebies, discount codes, and more, they are not to be missed.

We welcome Lee in his gorgeous S14 200sx, with a custom wide look, immaculate paintwork and plenty of horses, this is one to be heard from a distance!

We also have Karl in his one of a kind, custom paintjob, rolling on air ride Type R. All the looks, with a mighty bite! Bringing a fresh look to your eyes!

Finally we introduce Jake and his MK4 TT Supra! Coming from a gorgeous N/A supra to a beast which packs more of a punch, this car is going to be jawdropping. Trust us, weve seen his shopping list!

https://www.facebook.com/ShadowSport/

That's right my car/build is now officially sponsored by ShadowSport, a great detailing company. So the pressure is on to get the car ready for the 2016 show season.

----Expected some better and fast updates in the weeks to follow.----

Thanks Guys to say I'm excited is an understatement. Cant wait to get the car done now and out to some shows!

Managed to get it organised via there Facebook profile, and the owner remembered my old car from the Fast Show where he saw it on display. He took an interest in the new car and the ball started rolling.

As a present to myself I have just ordered the silicone bits for the turbo pipes, new induction pipe, and the Top Rad hard pipe, all from Auto performance.

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

Great news Jake. Exciting times ahead!

Thanks mate indeed the years shows will be very different!

Good news Jake, exciting and a great Xmas present, looking forward to your up-dates as always.

Cheers Adam, the updates will be coming. Hoping to do some more work Monday if possible.

Had a few more packages turn up today, but all boring little bits to help finish off various parts. Just need to put in another Toyota order for gaskets, bolts etc and the TB plenum and boost pipes can go on.

That's just cars for you lol, have you considered electric fan setup?

Yeah tell me about it lol, would be ok if I had acces to a ramp or could work on the car when its in the garage but its just too small.

Maybe in the future but there really isnt much need for it the viscous is proven to big BHP so Im happy with it for now. Thinking next year maybe getting a wifbitz carbon shrould

Looking good so far.

Making me want to start my under bonnet stuff... Gotta wait until summer as i need to throw down some paint.

Cant rush it mate, if you need to wait them wait. Unfortunatly times to short for me to wait hence why im powering through. Thanks again for the radiator impressed with it so far RE fitting.