The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes RZ Supra Build Project Thread. Officially Sponsored.

ripped_fear

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats good news on the compression test, big relief i bet! Car looks great, love the wheels!

Definitely a big relief, but everyone said it wasn't this, but always good to check and be sure.

Lovely looking Sup you have yourself there Jake, enjoying catching up on your thread :thumbs:

Thanks mate should look epic soon, in a month yesterday's time I will be having some very cool updates. The car will be making a massive jump standard wise!

So is it single turbo time now? :eyebrows:

Lol Id love to but moneys not there to do it properly, thinking new hybrids for now so they are brand new. CR turbos potentially, but have been speaking with another member re somthing so that may change. Time will tell. ;)

So the plan is unveiled.....

March 18th-21st- The car is off to the body shop and we have our work cut out for sure! The tare down starts from mid-day on the 18th and by the evening of the 21st she has to be back together and on her way home.

What is being done?...

-Painted and smoothed front end fitted

-Wings, bonnet painted and blended into doors

-Newly painted OEM skirts fitted

-Engine bay painted and holes covered in textured plastic

-4x Brand new OEM bumper support brackets fitted

-OEM air vents for behind the skirts fitted

-Front arch liners fitted with all new fixings

-FMIC polished and refited with new black joiners

-Rocker covers painted

-Rocker gaskets, bolt rubber washers and breathers fitted

-Newly painted and smoothed spark plug cover fitted with chrome bolts

-Newly painted scuttle panel fitted

-Some shiny covers fitted

Potential jobs if time

-Repaint and fit UK rear bumper

-fit plenum and TB

-tint front indicators

There may be more but we are going to be flat out, and have the whole garage to ourselves for the evenings and the whole weekend.

For those of you who remember my old cars build you will remember a similar update a few years back when we did this before, this time its more jobs in the same amount of time! Certainly going to be fun.

I honestly can not wait to be finally starting to tidy up under the bonnet! Something I really enjoy doing.

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

Took the cars out last night and I tried for the first time at light painting, was a big success for a first time. Just need to clean them up on photoshop but for now here is the unedited shots.

Once they are finished being edited Im getting two blown up on A0 print again for the garage wall :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=209663&stc=1&d=1456649297

attachment.php?attachmentid=209664&stc=1&d=1456649297

attachment.php?attachmentid=209665&stc=1&d=1456649297

DSC_0500.jpg

DSC_0502.jpg

DSC_0522.jpg

Also a little update.

Have ordered a RE-0930 K&N Air filter for my custom intake, so once that arrives I can mock up the pipe work and get that sorted before the paint shop.

Have also sent the UK rear bumper to the body shop too, unsure whether or not this will be done in time for the 17th but fingers corssed.

And finally a vac hardline piece and a set of pulleys have gone to paint Aswell.

Bar the engine bay boxes that will be all the engine bay bits I need for now.

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

great photos. its light painting mike, watch a youtube video on them its fairly easy. the key is to maybe have a 15 second shutter and work your way around the car with a light strobe/led panel, ensuring not to point the light directly at the car. Your camera has to be in manual mode, manually focused so switching the auto focus off and like you said, tripod. Oh and set a timer to release the trigger

Thanks guys I am very pleased

How did you achieve this effect Jake? I'd like to try something like that. I presume really slow shutter speed on a tripod for the car motion blur one but for the second for example did you take a light out with you?

So basically the camera is in fully manual mode, with a very long shutter time think it was around 10 seconds from memory, camera was mounted on a tripod and I used my intervelometer to use as a shutter control. We waited for trafic and clicked, then a mate walked around the car with both are phones on tourch mode and 'painted' the car in light. Took some playing around to get it right but we got there in the end. Ideally a light that didnt focus on one point would have been a bit better so im ordering a better portable flood light to try out.

Great pictures Jake, really effective with the car colour. Good work.

Cheeers Adam :)

----

So got some pictures though from the body shop again, all the little parts are done and the Rear bumper has had the work it needed at the botom from where it came from a supra with a tow bar!! :blink: Should be preped for paint tomorrow

attachment.php?attachmentid=209767&stc=1&d=1456944798

attachment.php?attachmentid=209770&stc=1&d=1456944798

attachment.php?attachmentid=209768&stc=1&d=1456944798

attachment.php?attachmentid=209769&stc=1&d=1456944798

attachment.php?attachmentid=209771&stc=1&d=1456944798

DSC_1465.jpg

DSC_1466.jpg

DSC_1468.jpg

DSC_1469.jpg

DSC_1470.jpg

Should have some more updates from the body shop tonight.

But today I have been busy with the induction kit. I bought a new K&N filter, 2x hard pipes, and some silicone pipe work. After lots of measuring and cutting this is what happened today :) Rather happy.

Once the front end is removed in a couple of weeks Im going to rotate the filter a few mm the the left and trim the OEM air scoop so they line up a bit better. That can wait till its all easily accessible though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=209780&stc=1&d=1457023775

attachment.php?attachmentid=209781&stc=1&d=1457023775

attachment.php?attachmentid=209782&stc=1&d=1457023775

attachment.php?attachmentid=209783&stc=1&d=1457023775

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0566.jpg

DSC_0567.jpg

DSC_0568.jpg