The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes RZ Supra Build Project Thread. Officially Sponsored.

ripped_fear

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks Great I wouldn't say they aren't good enough for a calender entry at all! I hope you are not considering spraying this white, the blue really work.

It has made me want to rip my oem skirts and spats off looking at them pictures.

Also where is it your dad works? I have a few bits of paint I'm looking at getting done.

looks great, but that IC needs some polish on it :thumbs: :p

Thanks mate. It does indeed. Plan is to take the whole front end off, when I get the arch liners, and then polish it properly and change the silicone to black. The front bumper is mounted very well so will sort it all at the same time.

Looks like a blue version of your old one .....

Let me know if you want some better rear lights :)

Cheers mate, will do even more soon over the next few months.

Cheers I will be going facelift tail lights thought Im affraid.

The final thing to do today was paint the plug cover. Just a temporary measure until I fit all the new bits ;). More parts arrived today. Going to do it in one hit this time rather than slowly. This way the impact of the before and after should be more rewarding. Then I can just tinker with it after that.

Just went for a matt black as it was looking rather tatty.

attachment.php?attachmentid=206637&stc=1&d=1447433396

Here is an image of the bay before, and all the crosses show that new parts I have ready for the paint shop, or have stainless covers for.

attachment.php?attachmentid=206638&stc=1&d=1447433479

Looks Great I wouldn't say they aren't good enough for a calender entry at all! I hope you are not considering spraying this white, the blue really work.

It has made me want to rip my oem skirts and spats off looking at them pictures.

Also where is it your dad works? I have a few bits of paint I'm looking at getting done.

Thanks mate. Will chuck a couple in as entry's. Hoping to get a few more at a later date.

Yeah still think long term it will go white, or maybe just re-spray it this colour again. Long way off though.

Keep the skirts mate, Im still on the hunt for some. Some have just been offered to me but funds are running low atm. Sunk alot of money into it already, far too quickly lol.

Dads at Ashey Road garage mate, just down from the Pondarossa. Honestly think they are the best place on the IOW by far.

All Red with LED Rings ?

If I find some cheap maybe but going to buy a set brand new too, no way I could have brand new ones ripped apart.

DSC_0004.jpg

engine.jpg

She looks freaking sweet, awesome blue

Thanks mate :)

That bay hurts my eyes lol....... No doubt your have that looking great in no time

Tell me about it! Going from my old bay to this is killing me, but first priority is getting the bay painted before I go and do any shiny bits. Dont worry I have purchased plenty just holding off fitting for now.

Been trying to focus on the exterior first too. The list is huge!

So that turned out to be a little more expensive than planned lol

Now have more parts

-Arch liners

-Aluminium undertray

-Genuine OEM Sideskirts

-Facelift Black carpet!!!!

-Garage Wifbitz Rad Clamps

So happy to finally have a carpet although its a paint the seats need to come out again. Fed up with the smell dye so chuffed to bits.

Also got some pictures from the body shop, first set of engine bay bits painted- Just for memory's sake of the old car they are painted 199 :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=206759&stc=1&d=1447703972

attachment.php?attachmentid=206760&stc=1&d=1447703972

attachment.php?attachmentid=206761&stc=1&d=1447703972

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

Cool, i got a spare set of pipes I may get sprayed up.

Its all down to the quality of the job, never had issues with anything I have had painted but its always been prep'd and painted by the best and with the best products.

I say do it mate, I personally prefer the polished look but its massive upkeep.

I agree massive upkeep but can't beat it under the bonnet... Wasting your time painting lol because I know your a true magpie

You are correct but on my old bay I still loved the painted parts and its somthing different. I decided no polished bits other than the cam covers. Will wait, save and CHROME :D

Nice touch with the colour 199 jake :thumbs: its coming along nicely

Thanks mate. Its coming along slower than I want but have most the parts I wanted for the first part. Going to get it all done then mechanical stuff at SRD is the plan.

Oo What are the mechanical plans?

Its going to go there hopefully this side of new year, for the first cat to be removed and a full health check. Then once I have a list prioritise and go for it.

Things I know I want to do are

-UK rears

-Valve stem seals (And anything else that makes sence while in there)

-Full engine, gearbox and diff service.

But will leave it to Lee to tell me what would be best. Once I finish the list I do have more ideas. But funds are not massive but have some to play with. Got to be careful as late next year I want to get on the property ladder, and possibly a new career venture.

Finally home after a 9am start! Long day and allot of fuel. :D

But arches are now cut and after my above post and talking to baldy, all is well. The filler was only small but some idiot put a skim on the lip of the arch and not very well. But the cutting went well and TBH its the route I was originally going to go anyway so all good.

Also I have now collected a heap of shiney bits. So this is the inventory so far ready to go on or about to be painted

-Turbo pipes painted DONE

-Plenum- being Smoothed today

-Throttle body- being smoothed today

-Rad hard pipe

-Stainless slam pannel

-Stainless diag cover

-Stainless battery cover

-Battery case

-Battery terminal covers

-Chromed rad clamps or Wifbitz ones. HAVE BOTH

-Chromed bonnet stay

-Chromed Battery bar

-Stainless PAS Cap

-Stainless PAS res cover

-Billet washer cap

-Stainless Rad cover

-Stainless rad strip

-Stainless relay cover

-All paint for bay

Think that is it for now. Some more parts are on order

-Metal engine bay boxes (both sides)

-Metal engine bay box (centre)

-Some red and chrome bolts.

Cant wait to get stuck into the bay, thinking of ordering a new Radiator too, and maybe a carbon rad shroud.