The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes RZ Supra Build Project Thread. Officially Sponsored.

ripped_fear

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Im now actually Skint :D This car is bleeding me dry.

Have bought all the bits from steve manley mentioned previously All the gaskets for the tubo pipes, TB and plenum. But added the Rocker gaskets, badge and a TB badge (not sure if its the right one)

Also bought a cheap single DIN head unit to tie me over until I can afford to get the double din I want. Picked a cheap Alpine one up so should do the job for a few months.

Also Have heard my parts are now in primmer so will have more pictures later tonight.

And finally tomorrow is my day off so will start on a few more jobs, not sure what to start tomorrow.

What's the reason for the stock to stock bumper change?

Means I can keep the car in one piece for now while parts are away at the body shop. I always buy spares then sell them on once the new bit is fitted. Although I normally end up keeping the old parts but determined to keep the shed a bit clearer this time round. More expencive way of doing it but with the body shop being so far away it just make more sense and I dont have to rush them.

Great updates Jake, awesome news on the sponsor, so do they give you freebees? whats the deal and how does the sponsor work?

be great to see this one as your N/A was amazing :)

Thanks mate its a bit daunting doing all this again, but After a few years im sure it will far exceed the previous build, or at least I hope so. For now I want the first stage done on the bay exterior and interior, then I can set on doing all the little bits which will make it somthing special. For now Im trying to be as methodical as I can be.

Haven't had anything out of the sponsorship yet but will do. Yeah get a few things, haven't got them yet but will do, plenty of other bits like full detail, show tickets, photo shoot, etc so its rather exciting, although part of me wishes I hadn't of given myself the pressure. Pushing me to the limit both mentally and financially.

Going to be awesome whenever you're finished, really like the colour. Good attention to detail! I'm the most broke man in the country at the minute and can't even afford fuel, so you're making me jealous. haha

Thanks, she will be looking good and on the road in the next month or so, but will be far from finished.

:D You have a lovely car though!

Thanks, she will be looking good and on the road in the next month or so, but will be far from finished.

:D You have a lovely car though!

I'll definitely be following suit on some of your mods! May take on painting my bay in the future myself.

Cheers, Will be much better whenever I finish the R154 swap.

I just went to see Steve today, I think he's getting sick of me coming in all the time now lol

:D lol dont blame you if your local!

Nice touch getting a new ETCS badge, never thought you'd be able to buy them...

Thanks buddy, good thing I have found about toyota the sell complete items including everything needed but most of the time they will sell the little bits too.

Some of the parts I wanted are now discontinued now though :(

So tomorrow is the big day. And today I'm sorting out bits ready for the trip.

6am the Car is being collected via a local company and Should be at SRD for 9am sharp.

She is having the following work done-

-Oem water pump fitted with the gaskets

-Cambelt changed with new tensioner Belt and Idler wheel

-Engine Oil change

-Oil filter changed

-Coolant changed

-Health check

-1st decat

-Restrictor ring

Have also hooked out my Wifbitz Top rad hard pipe, OEM front under tray, and SRD Aluminium Engine Under tray and hopefully these can go on too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=208461&stc=1&d=1453817614

DSC_0260.jpg