The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes RZ Supra Build Project Thread. Officially Sponsored.

ripped_fear

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice progress there mate :thumbs: don't think I'd have the patience for doing that.

Thanks mate, will be worth it in the long run. Im regretting not getting the turbo pipes smoothed, but didnt see it was worth it for them as they are rather hidden.

Looking forward to getting some more work done on this over the next few days.

So the weather was against me today! None of the jobs I wanted to do are done, but did get chance to do a couple of little bits and give it a wash after driving it a few hundred miles in the rain last week.

Have put a picture up of what looks like a load of junk but is actually my uk rear bumper, OEM sideskirts, arch liners, metal undertray and the diffuser.

Also gave the garage a sort out to hopefully Thursday will be kind to me and I can fit the carpet along with some more bits.

attachment.php?attachmentid=206988&stc=1&d=1448385546

attachment.php?attachmentid=206987&stc=1&d=1448385546

attachment.php?attachmentid=206986&stc=1&d=1448385546

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

So long story short I hate winter :D Raining again!

But got some bits done.

Fitted ANOTHER carpet, that is 3 in a month lol. This time its here to stay a genuine facelift one! No more dye smell!

Interior is borderline finished for now until I have done the more important jobs, Then I will focus on all the re-trimming. But until then all I want to do is sort the audio set-up out, (Still no existent) and refurb my spare dash panels. (Have begun stripping them back)

Also fitted my HKS SSQV, have to say even though I have lost the flutter I actually like the sound when gear changing, not to keen on the sound when blipping the throttle though. Still, I'm happy that both my turbo's will now be happy :)

Did notice I have a slight coolant leak today though while in the engine bay, not sure where its from but the bottom rad hose looks a touch wet and dripping onto the ARB's. Will have to get it on a ramp and have a good look over it. Looks minimal though.

Also with Black Friday fast approaching and with Wifbitz and Part box looking to be offering some good deals I will be ordering some new bits tomorrow, just depends who offers the best prices. Looking at ordering a Mishimoto Rad, originally going to get one from SRD but Part box look to be offering a big saving for the one day, just need to decide on a 2 or 3 row. At BPU power not sure what would be best? Welcoming advice...

Also looking to get a boost gauge and alloy expansion tank. Only have the morning to get ordering as we are off on a little break for my birthday so need to get it ordered quick!

Pictures from today's work

attachment.php?attachmentid=207056&stc=1&d=1448543520

attachment.php?attachmentid=207057&stc=1&d=1448543520

attachment.php?attachmentid=207058&stc=1&d=1448543520

attachment.php?attachmentid=207059&stc=1&d=1448543520

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

So after discovering the water leak, I wizzed down to see Colin (previous owner and my mechanic) to get the old girl on the lift. After some looking around it looks like the water pump is starting to leak on the front, not to bad but want to get it sorted. So moving the plans forward for updating the cooling system.

Going to get a-

-OEM water pump, ORDERED from steve manley

-OEM thermostat, ORDERED from steve manley

-Thermostat seal ORDERED from steve manley

-Mishimoto Radiator,

-Alloy expansion tank,

-New toyota Red coolant, ALREADY HAVE

-Top rad hose (hard pipe), ALREADY HAVE

-Lower pipe OEM. ORDERED from steve manley

-O rings for water necks ORDERED from steve manley

Can Anyone think of anything else worth doing while the work is being done?

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

Are you just going to measure up and buy some from SFS or something ?

Yeah if that's the best way, just want some good quality stuff. That way I can put it on and forget about it. After some research I found Gates are good for Vac lines so they all will be done in them, but as for silicone stuff for the had pipe, there's some very conflicting opinions and most people just use what they get in there kit. I bought a second hand hard pipe so I dont want to re-use the old stuff.