The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes RZ Supra Build Project Thread. Officially Sponsored.

ripped_fear

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keeping it blue then?

regarding the wheels i like the gold spoke, IMO i think it gives it that unique expensive look

For now yeah, plan was always just to tidy it up this year as the colour still looks great. But I will be doing a full respray next year all being well but may push it till the following year.

Yeah gold looks great but I think I will go for the light grey. This will be somthing I do later in the year so have a bit of time to ponder over it.

UPDATE TIME, and today has been a good day.

So first off the day started not so great, the transport Company hired to deliver the car to SRD were over and hour late, and the traffic/weather on the way was horrendous, (we were following in Luke Attero's Supra).

Once at SRD we left it for the guys to work there magic (while we went for a blast to Brighton) and oh my they did just that.

They carried out all the work mentioned above and gave her a full check over, only a couple of very minor things were found, a weeping shift seal and the crank pulley is starting to look a little old even though its currently still functioning fine.

One thing they did find was the boost controller was plumbed in very strangely, so they have re-done that and its now working 100% and the bay is looking much tidier without vac lines running everywhere!

We had a good blast back together, and the removal of the first cat and all the other bits have made the car come alive (despite me only running 1.0Bar on the way home), Its sounds like an animal when on WOT on the motorway. I fell well and truly back in love with it, despite the weather being awful and it lighting the wheels up many many times.

Only got back in an hour ago after the 5am start, and I have come home to find an email from the body shop and all the bits are prepped fully, and in for paint tomorrow! So overall been a brilliant day, now off for a drink and an early night!

attachment.php?attachmentid=208514&stc=1&d=1453932647

attachment.php?attachmentid=208509&stc=1&d=1453932561

attachment.php?attachmentid=208516&stc=1&d=1453932647

attachment.php?attachmentid=208515&stc=1&d=1453932647

attachment.php?attachmentid=208510&stc=1&d=1453932561

attachment.php?attachmentid=208511&stc=1&d=1453932561

attachment.php?attachmentid=208512&stc=1&d=1453932561

attachment.php?attachmentid=208513&stc=1&d=1453932647

12565635_944426708926816_1028155301515725431_n.jpg

DSC_1037.jpg

DSC_1066.jpg

DSC_1067.jpg

DSC_1068.jpg

IMG_20160127_075702.jpg

IMG_20160127_174229.jpg

IMG_20160127_174247.jpg

Brilliant news Jake, it's so good when all the hoped for plans come together and there's no unexpected nasty's to spoil it. Looking forward to seeing it up together.

Exactly very happy consider she is an old girl, and its always an unknown when buying a used car, especially when its a performance one. Im a very happy man!

Nice mate so when you coming out do a proper drive then

I will be using it now but unfortunately she not far away getting dismantled again lol, need to get the shiny parts on now!

Good news Jake! SRD are a great team :thumbs:

They really are and the car 100% will be going back, the car felt safe in their hands.

Last set of pictures from the body shop all flatted and polished. Shame the pictures have been taken on a potato lol Cant wait to get them all back then the UK rear bumper and some other bits are going there :)

Really starting to fall in love with the colour and am considering having the car resprayed in this now rather than the white. Will see how I feel after the 2016 season is over. Reckon a full fresh paint job in this would look the nuts with carbon bits around the car.

attachment.php?attachmentid=208780&stc=1&d=1454440764

attachment.php?attachmentid=208782&stc=1&d=1454440764

attachment.php?attachmentid=208781&stc=1&d=1454440764

attachment.php?attachmentid=208784&stc=1&d=1454440764

attachment.php?attachmentid=208783&stc=1&d=1454440764

DSC_1100.jpg

DSC_1120.jpg

DSC_1122.jpg

DSC_1136.jpg

DSC_1139.jpg

Last set of pictures from the body shop all flatted and polished. Shame the pictures have been taken on a potato lol Cant wait to get them all back then the UK rear bumper and some other bits are going there :)

Really starting to fall in love with the colour and am considering having the car resprayed in this now rather than the white. Will see how I feel after the 2016 season is over. Reckon a full fresh paint job in this would look the nuts with carbon bits around the car.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=208780&stc=1&d=1454440764

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=208782&stc=1&d=1454440764

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=208781&stc=1&d=1454440764

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=208784&stc=1&d=1454440764

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=208783&stc=1&d=1454440764

Ive always thought blue and carbon goes well since I saw this rex from around 2005...

http://www.carbodykitstore.com/images/EDfbk/ED-110643_b.jpg

Ok So in a major dilemma now just been off the phone to my dad about taking the supra to the island to fit the new nose cone and the skirts at the body shop........and there is an opening on the 19th-22nd where I could get my car in and 20 a 1/3rd re paint. Could get the whole front end re painted a blended into the doors to give the front a fresh front for the shows, including painting the bay.

The question is weather or not money can stretch that far! Big decision ahead and potentially some nice updates. WHAT TO DO :search:

Ok So in a major dilemma now just been off the phone to my dad about taking the supra to the island to fit the new nose cone and the skirts at the body shop........and there is an opening on the 19th-22nd where I could get my car in and 20 a 1/3rd re paint. Could get the whole front end re painted a blended into the doors to give the front a fresh front for the shows, including painting the bay.

The question is weather or not money can stretch that far! Big decision ahead and potentially some nice updates. WHAT TO DO :search:

Don't do it, save that money. Get the bumper and skirts fitted, take it out and enjoy it man

Don't do it, save that money. Get the bumper and skirts fitted, take it out and enjoy it man

Remember, he is sponsored and likes a good show and shine. Whether or not he does it, it will get done at some point.

Glad you are starting to enjoy the colour now Jake! I think it's a great colour!

Either way mate I will still be taking it out and enjoying it but with the bad weather still here now is the time to do these bits. Was just planning on this for the winter.

Remember, he is sponsored and likes a good show and shine. Whether or not he does it, it will get done at some point.

Glad you are starting to enjoy the colour now Jake! I think it's a great colour!

You know me well ;) Cheers it is a good looking colour and nice to be a little different to stock but still similar to an OE colour.

Thanks mate I will update this thread in a couple of days, but the dates aren't happening with regards to work unfortunately.

But now the seed has been planted like some sort of inception mind trick, I can't let it go. May go a bit mad, trying to see if the dates are do-able for what I have in mind.

So after a horrible day at work I'm very glad to be home. Car is fastly becoming my only escape from the work place. Came home to two new car parts, nothing to special but a needed part.

Need some major trimming from the angled silicone pipe, and maybe a little off the lower metal pipe but think It should fit nicely. Got to do some mocking up and measuring and see what the biggest K&N filter I can fit on it is.

attachment.php?attachmentid=208836&stc=1&d=1454691754

attachment.php?attachmentid=208837&stc=1&d=1454691754

attachment.php?attachmentid=208838&stc=1&d=1454691754

DSC_0270.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg