The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The official Top Gear season 22 thread.

jamesmark

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week, the BBC released a statement about the current series of Top Gear, confirming that last night’s show (15th March) was to be postponed following an incident during production.

The incident in question is currently being investigated and Ken MacQuarrie, the director of BBC Scotland, has been appointed to lead this process.

We can now confirm that Top Gear will not be back in the studio this week and, as such, the episode due for broadcast this Sunday night (22nd March) will also be postponed pending the outcome of the investigation.

We will bring you more news as soon as we have it.

Did we not already know that? That's from an hour ago.

I vote Guy Martin to replace Clarkson.

:yeahthat:

Wouldn't work.

If JC and crew go the whole show will get re-visioned. Simply because I think JC owns the format. Guy Martin is NOT a chat show host and that's what TG is becomming. There are better choices for a show about old men c**king about. And there is room for a high quality motoring show along side, and yes with a mix of vids by messer's Harris, Martin etc you could form a full on /DRIVE equivilent on the BBC... TopGear shouldn't be the only (loosely) motoring related show, the internet proves that. EVO and the BBC...doing their tours, racing round tracks and up and down passes...wait...you never read all that /goes off to agent.

They all have contracts until after the live shows which as far as I can remember are still going ahead.

After that I can see hammond and may doing their own shows on BBC like they have been doing, and Clarkson may do some version of top gear somewhere but I wouldn't be surprised if he called it a day. He's been getting obviously tired of it all over the past few years, and I doubt it'd work on another channel to be honest. It wouldn't go to 5 because of 5th gear, channel 4 wouldn't be interested, so that leaves itv which Clarkson has always seemed to have a dislike for.

That might leave sky to offer them a huge deal and the show could be even better, I just can't see it happening.

If they sack him, they'll have to change the format of TG radically. The current TG "is" JC and vice-versa.

I've read rumours that JC is planning to present a new show about farming.

Agreed.

Plus, Hammond and May aren't stars in their own right, they're sidekicks; so it'll take a strong personality to carry them. A wholesale change like when old-Top Gear became current-Top Gear. A third incarnation...

I think he'll get sacked.

They'll appoint a new person to present Top Gear and it'll never be the same. As a direct result the ratings will tank and Top Gear will be pulled at the end of the next series.

Exactly.... one articles suggests Chris Evans, in which case Im done with TopGear UK.

Who do you think has already made offers to JC to start a new show with more freedom and budget?