The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The official Top Gear season 22 thread.

jamesmark

I cant see them having guest presenters... that would be just pants. If Clarkson does get shown the door, I think May will join him or drop out of it. Top Gear has been mental for the last ten years, as discussed, way beyond a normal car show, once they started the races, which were excellent, they kept having to think of new expensive places to trudge 200 odd strong crews to for filming, they are literally running out of unique places to visit to keep this up (as evidenced last season) - running out of actually funny scenarios, which now are just automatically made up which I find more annoying (like the Argentina film with the dangerous bridge to a dead end.....). I reckon they are using it as a way out to prevent a declining show.. cost them a lot less than they have Clarkson contracted to, They may keep Hammond (as I don't think he wants to go back to radio) so I don't think his loyalty will last out. And freshen up with new presenters - Suzie Perry would fit the bill, likes motoring - F1 and was gadget show until she was replaced by a younger version. Honestly time to bring it back to a slick fifth gear rival show. it was good but it cant be sustained.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its a slap............ :D

What about this lady... she can drive

http://www.grandprix247.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/1c2df2a0-9b56-46ae-b48c-826939a45ef8-750x500.jpg

Or since its purely entertainment

http://www.fibre2fashion.com/news/images/114/kellybrook_114764135480.jpg

What about Vicki Butler-Henderson. She's bang tidy!

You been to SpecSavers? She is not in the slightest bit tidy. She is quite possibly the most irritating 'car' person on the planet. Even Mike Brewer is less irritating than that bint.

She is, like what JC is for Top Gear, the only reason I struggle to watch Fifth Gear unless I have recorded it so I can FF everything she is in.

She is quite possibly the most irritating 'car' person on the planet.

She annoys me, but she is far down my list, after:

- Richard Hammond (when he's being stupid, which is most of the time. He does occasionally do some good stuff)

- Quentin Wilson

- Jason Dawe (Used to be on Top Gear, here's some of his other 'work':

)

- Chris Harris

- the 5th Gear Beards

She annoys me, but she is far down my list, after:

- Richard Hammond (when he's being stupid, which is most of the time. He does occasionally do some good stuff)

- Quentin Wilson

- Jason Dawe (Used to be on Top Gear, here's some of his other 'work':

)

- Chris Harris

- the 5th Gear Beards

Agree with Richard Hammond being annoying. It's interesting reading the letters pages in newspapers about this subject. There's a lot of dislike for Clarkson, someone called him a nincompoop today, a word I haven't heard in about 32 years. But for me, Hammond is easily the most annoying of the Top Gear three. He plays the incredulous man when JC says something intentionaly and tamely controversial, and his voice rises by 2 octaves when issuing a retort.

Wish they'd ditch Hammond and replace him with Tiff.

(make Hammond the new Stig in a pink suit and helmet).

I like Tiff's and Plato's chemistry but to be honest I would prefer May staying with JC and Hammond gone replaced by Tiff. But then there would be possibly no need for the Stig.

Wish they'd ditch Hammond and replace him with Tiff.

Tiff is a brilliant driver, but he is a cheesy presenter. He uses the same 90's style presenting as Quentin Wilson. Clarkson has moved away from that thankfully.

Rowan Atkinson would be brilliant :D

I think we have seen the end of top gear. It had gotten stale and samey. I think the whole presenting team are tired of the same old dirge. I'd not be at all surprised if all three of them walked away and left the controlling Beeb behind. There is probably as much money in the private videos they release themselves as the beeb pays them. I can't see the program continuing with replacement presenters therefore I think you'll need to turn over to Dave if you want to see the clowns in the circus top gear has been of late.

I think Clarkson is a majority share owner of the IP, so wherever Clarkson goes Top Gear will go. It'd probably be a case of if Hammond and May join him and which channel bids the highest if Clarkson doesn't decide to give up on it.

I think he's getting just a ******* off with the 'scandals', I wouldn't want a life where I have to watch something I say because mealy-mouthed ****** are looking for sometihng to send to the Daily Mail on me

EDIT BY ADMIN TO REMOVE SWEARING - Please refrain from swearing on the forum.

I think Clarkson is a majority share owner of the IP, so wherever Clarkson goes Top Gear will go. It'd probably be a case of if Hammond and May join him and which channel bids the highest if Clarkson doesn't decide to give up on it.

I think he's getting just a ******* off with the 'scandals', I wouldn't want a life where I have to watch something I say because mealy-mouthed ****** are looking for sometihng to send to the Daily Mail on me

Nah he sold his rights and shares to the BBC years ago.