The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The official Top Gear season 22 thread.

jamesmark

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed back to normal, I don't understand how they determine how good a car corners by drifting?!

It looks good for the viewers, Chris Harris does the same thing. But I agree, it looks stupid.

other thing I've noticed on top gear is that they've started simplifying the way they refer to cars. On this episode, he likened the Velociraptor to a "1992 Aston Martin". I knew he mean the Virage, but many wouldn't have a clue. They've done it a few times recently.

wonder if they've started doing it because it's now broadcast in the USA?

It looks good for the viewers, Chris Harris does the same thing. But I agree, it looks stupid.

other thing I've noticed on top gear is that they've started simplifying the way they refer to cars. On this episode, he likened the Velociraptor to a "1992 Aston Martin". I knew he mean the Virage, but many wouldn't have a clue. They've done it a few times recently.

wonder if they've started doing it because it's now broadcast in the USA?

Think so, plus they acknowledge it's more of an entertainment show rather than a factual 'car show'.

Example: My mum understands 1992 Aston Martin to be an old and brutish Aston Martin. If you said Aston Martin Virage V8 the first thing to pop into her head will be a DB9. Every Aston Martin before 2004 is a Brutish muscle car, everything after is a DB9...

The Lagonda and DB7 weren't brutish Muscle cars.

And most would assume he was talking about the regular V8, when he was most likely referring specifically to the twin supercharged V8 Vantage.

I've tried explaining that to my mother but it's either or I'm afraid :p

If anyone of the hosts were to leave Top Gear it would be the end of me watching it. The three made the show what it is today and I actually enjoy it a lot.

I see Chris Harris get mentioned a lot and personally he doesn't fit in the show at all. Only show I could see him fit in is Fifth Gear.

To be honest it will be a very bold move to fire Clarkson mid way through a season.

It could be the end of TG after this season though, then as said if any one of the 3 go the show may not work, then along comes Sky buys the rights as BBC killed the brand (with help of Clarkson) and away we go again.