The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The official Top Gear season 22 thread.

jamesmark

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've refused to pay the licence tax in over a decade.

And they still haven't done anything about it

what about the very aggressively worded emails & letters? Is it a criminal offence to not pay the license?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/tv-licence

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/money-saving-tips/10925912/The-legal-way-to-avoid-paying-the-TV-licence-fee.html

I told the collectors to their face to take me to court!

The letters go in the bin, I have removed the implied rights of access to all collectors.

They still haven't done anything, I'd love my day in court, because I will make sure it's on every social media outlet and the media for the world to see.

I refuse to pay a licence to watch something that I bought with my money from somewhere else, and receive my viewing pleasures via a service I already pay for, in my own home.

And I think it's pathetic you need a tv licence for mobile phones and laptops!

I told the collectors to their face to take me to court!

The letters go in the bin, I have removed the implied rights of access to all collectors.

They still haven't done anything, I'd love my day in court, because I will make sure it's on every social media outlet and the media for the world to see.

I refuse to pay a licence to watch something that I bought with my money from somewhere else, and receive my viewing pleasures via a service I already pay for, in my own home.

And I think it's pathetic you need a tv licence for mobile phones and laptops!

I wonder if the burden of proof would come into it. For example how would the TV Licensing agency prove you were watching live TV without a license? Surely if they take you to court only with a statement that you're doing it won't be enough.

I don't have a TV License as I'm never at home long enough to watch TV, would be interesting to see if the agency turn up at my door.

I wonder if the burden of proof would come into it. For example how would the TV Licensing agency prove you were watching live TV without a license? Surely if they take you to court only with a statement that you're doing it won't be enough.

I don't have a TV License as I'm never at home long enough to watch TV, would be interesting to see if the agency turn up at my door.

Back in the day when I sold a TV you had to fill out a form which in turn was sent off to update records. I am also lead to believe that they do have technology and have done for many many years to know you are actually watching TV when they knock.

So database of who owns a TV i.e. customer list from Sky/Virgin per se, plus door to door if they still do that.

I for one will not be in any hurry to pay for it, I collect keys to my new house tomorrow and it is way way down the list of priorities (actually it did not even make the 'to do' list)

I believe that in order to officially call "repost" you need to include a link to the original thread/post ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?317917-The-official-Top-Gear-season-22-thread&p=4010529&viewfull=1#post4010529

I am sure I did. :whistle: ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?317917-The-official-Top-Gear-season-22-thread&p=4010468&viewfull=1#post4010468