Jack's S366 TT6 Build

JackyBoi

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All went well guys! We had to stop at 550bhp (at the flywheel) because the air filter was restricting air flow, but I've got the 4" filter & pipe to put on now after my little cock-up. So I'll be back in a few weeks to aim for maybe 600bhp at the wheels or 650bhp at the flywheel. The car drives absolutely amazing now - full boost on the road is at 3,000RPM in 4th gear! Also no more cutting out, lurching at low RPM's and my AFR's are bang on. He also ensured each map ran lean when cruising. I used half a tank of fuel on the way to the dyno and a quarter on the way back so it has made a massive difference.

https://vimeo.com/166204513

Nice result , is your 6266 gen2 dbb ? And what cams do you have

No just the journal, and I have stock cams still

What boost? You didn't try simply removing filter while on the dyno? That's very low power for a 6266 with 264 cams.

So min boost was 1 bar and 500bhp, max boost was 1.8 bar and 550bhp. Raising the boost past 1.3ish didn't make a bhp increase due to the restricted air flow. And I have stock cams not 264!

I wanted to remove the filter however they had been fabricating exhaust systems in the garage and didn't fancy a turbo/engine full of swarf. I'll be back soon to push it a bit further

Your current air filter does not look that small similar size to my first one and I made good power I did swap to a larger one when I went syvecs but no real difference.I can not see 100+ HP gain coming ,I would check everything else over before taking it back