JackyBoi

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They look great :)

The side markers aren't too noticeable ;)

I can't wait to pick mine up when it's all done! :D

Who else was at Fast Show this weekend then? Shame about the awful weather but it was a good turnout. Unfortunately I couldn't run on the strip due to a dodgy wideband causing the ECU to go into limp mode, but it was still fun watching all the events :)

Was probably lean lambda trip on the syvecs if its not been mapped yet

Who else was at Fast Show this weekend then? Shame about the awful weather but it was a good turnout. Unfortunately I couldn't run on the strip due to a dodgy wideband causing the ECU to go into limp mode, but it was still fun watching all the events :)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160410/5f9135c4f32d8b0234b00e39cea38b7f.jpg

Was probably lean lambda trip on the syvecs if its not been mapped yet

My wideband has been playing up for a while. It started when it was left sitting for a good few months, so I've ordered a new Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor which will hopefully sort it out :)

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't updated this for a while as I've been on holiday and busy working on other cars at the garage. Now I've had some free time I've been able to do a few things that needed doing before mapping, such as:

- Fit new Bosch LSU 4.9 (which has fixed my wideband issues :) )

- Raise rear suspension and increase pre-load all-round (it was rubbing real bad over bumps and also the preload was so damn soft it felt like a boat!)

- Fit new air filter

- Space front wheels (I'm now concerned that they may poke out a bit too far. Ideally I'd like some camber adjustment up front, not just for the looks, but also to prevent them rubbing at full lock)

And the issues I still need to sort out before mapping:

- Blowing wastegates (thicker copper gaskets and a crush ring should resolve this)

- Leaky coolant sensor (need to re-tap the thread as it wobbles like a bitch)

- Fit stock front bumper, lip and spats (once they've been painted)

And loads of other little things to do on top of this. Hopefully it will then be good to map :) updates to come soon

I went to a meet last night in Cambourne - pretty small turnout however the benefit of that meant lots of people were interested in the Supra. There was also a gorgeous black R35 Nismo, a few S14/S15's, lots of Subaru's and even an R8. Needless to say this got everyone's attention...

https://vimeo.com/164982780

People kept asking me for the rest of the night to 'give us a rev' but I didn't fancy torturing the engine!

On another note, all my body parts should be finished painting any day now - stock front, RMM lip and spats will be fitted soon and a DAMN good clean too! In terms of the build, it still needs a remap to fine tune everything and also see what power it can put down at higher boost, but for now everything is running very sweet (seems like a while since I've been able to say that) so I'm a happy guy :)

You may ask, but I may not tell ;)

It's essentially compressing the air as it enters the intake, meaning it will move slightly faster

That's not how it works.

It's essentially restricting the intake, not compressing and not moving faster at all

It's essentially compressing the air as it enters the intake, meaning it will move slightly faster

If that was how it worked do you not think the turbo manufacturer would have sold it with a smaller inlet in the first place?