The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jack's S366 TT6 Build

JackyBoi

So after a discussion with Lee at SRD and weighing up my options I bit the bullet and purchased one of these....

It's a Precision 6266 journal bearing with a divided 1.0 A/R exhaust housing :D it took a fair while to make my mind up, but for £950 brand new I couldn't really see a more viable option. Plus Precision seem to have nothing but good reviews, and they look amazing :) just waiting to pick it up now!

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So after a discussion with Lee at SRD and weighing up my options I bit the bullet and purchased one of these....

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160205/c424fa48c1d410f512cc46499b0f0a48.jpg

It's a Precision 6266 journal bearing with a divided 1.0 A/R exhaust housing :D it took a fair while to make my mind up, but for £950 brand new I couldn't really see a more viable option. Plus Precision seem to have nothing but good reviews, and they look amazing :) just waiting to pick it up now!

Gen2?

A quick test fit using a massive Borg Warner turbo went well - plenty of clearance against the strut and manifold. It looks weird seeing just one turbo!

Hopefully the 6266 should be ready to pick up in the next week or two.

On another note, to fix my axle tramp and save my driveline from being destroyed, I'm purchasing some polyurethane rear subframe bushings and some new differential mounts, both from Super Pro. I'm gonna be soooo mad if it doesn't fix the issue as its setting me back a good £300+!

Nice Update :) lovely looking turbo :)

Cheers pal :) it's just a spare one we used as a test fit

You know you need the subframe out to fit the rear mounts don't you?

Yeah I'll have the subframe & differential done at the same time. Pretty sure the subframe needs to be removed to fit the new bushings anyway?

Started to install the boost gauge today. Had to get some extra vac hose as the hose supplied was very brittle and didn't fit the boost gauge!

T-piece in place

Found a tiny grommet in the bulkhead so poked a huge screwdriver through it to find where it came out in the cockpit. How it looks now:

Came out right next to the Syvecs ;)

Just need to find a place to mount the boost gauge & then run the vac hose to it as discreet as possible!

Removed the front bumper to sell on to this dude with an awful orange TT auto (has been abused worse than Kim K) if he doesn't want it I'll be listing it on this forum. Cracks will be repaired before hand if requested

Running out of things to do now... I need my turbo!

Would a mod be able to change the thread title to "Jacks 6266 TT6 Build"? I've tried to change it myself but it hasn't appeared to actually change anything!

Go to your first post click 'edit post' and then the 'go advanced' button, it should then let you change the title.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)